Statue Prime 1 Venom Revealed !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
horror-you-are-not-alone.gif

tumblr_mlfj7bwEXN1qmqh7go1_500.gif

:lol

Maybe it's just me, but his legs look a skinnier than his body, but SS and XM look fine. Again, this piece IMO is better than SS - I don't like the avocado skin.

Same issue here. Proportions look off to me on this guy but I really hate the texture on SS, and XM is too pricey right now. I don't really want to go without a venom but it's really starting to look like it may turn out that way for me.

It's how the comic was drawn and its based on that comic... Personally I don't mind it at all... But I can see why some would not like it.

e024cd2ab87cae322c7540cff4b18f38.jpg

It's how the comic was drawn and its based on that comic... Personally I don't mind it at all... But I can see why some would not like it.

e024cd2ab87cae322c7540cff4b18f38.jpg

:lecture :lecture :lecture

It's a 5 issue run that runs through Brock's childhood and into adulthood, ending when he acquires the symbiote for the first time. Not the 'darkest' thing I've ever read, but it's pretty twisted. I think definitely helps you appreciate the character more.

This statue is spot on with the source material. I don't think you'll get a better version, if you admire the "Dark Origins" run.

He looks just like the comic, great how P1 pulls this off.

I don't know a damn thing about venom, nor am I necessarily a spiderman fan (he's cool though) but wow I really love this piece and am considering it for some stupid reason. I love just about everything about this...****ing P1 has me by the balls.

I don't know a damn thing about venom, nor am I necessarily a spiderman fan (he's cool though) but wow I really love this piece and am considering it for some stupid reason. I love just about everything about this...****ing P1 has me by the balls.

P1 could kick me straight back into statues. One of the things that turned me off SS's stuff were the production paint apps -- specifically the faces. I love the format, but the HT 1/6 paint just made them look embarrassing. P1 seems really solid. Can't wait to see in-hand pics

I remember when XM revealed the teaser for theirs and I was like holy **** yes! I was on board. I debated waiting for SS to reveal theirs but that XM piece called to me, and XM just overall is fantastic. Then my guy said he could get xm venom and the price with shipping made me think I should see what SS does, At Comic con I think the SS booth was what I was most excited for I couldn't wait to see! When I seen venom I was impressed.The dynamic pose was something I didn't expect, him vaulting over a... thing but I was not captivated the way I was when XM teased theirs. I ultimately decided not to get either. Enter prime 1, I was hawking them for their Berserk PO and came across venom. That feeling of this is the one hit me. I Love it! The price falls right in the middle, i can order direct from SS this is a huge win win win for me. This is one of those statues that makes me read more comics. i am going to go buy dark origin now to read it! I really think you cant go wrong with any of the venom statues and that is great. Thanks for reading my giddy geek out story

I remember when XM revealed the teaser for theirs and I was like holy **** yes! I was on board. I debated waiting for SS to reveal theirs but that XM piece called to me, and XM just overall is fantastic. Then my guy said he could get xm venom and the price with shipping made me think I should see what SS does, At Comic con I think the SS booth was what I was most excited for I couldn't wait to see! When I seen venom I was impressed.The dynamic pose was something I didn't expect, him vaulting over a... thing but I was not captivated the way I was when XM teased theirs. I ultimately decided not to get either. Enter prime 1, I was hawking them for their Berserk PO and came across venom. That feeling of this is the one hit me. I Love it! The price falls right in the middle, i can order direct from SS this is a huge win win win for me. This is one of those statues that makes me read more comics. i am going to go buy dark origin now to read it! I really think you cant go wrong with any of the venom statues and that is great. Thanks for reading my giddy geek out story
:lol thanks for sharing.

All I can say there is a Venom for everyone! I actually love all 3 of them. However I still feel overall XM has the better Venom. The alternate portraits are better. The pose on both XM and Prime 1 are stellar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up ordering both SSC and P1 Venoms. He's my favorite character in all of comics and I think they nailed both versions.

The Sideshow with the exclusive McFarlane head is exactly what I was looking for in representing that era. I saw it in person at NYCC and it's imposing, dynamic and the texture of the skin is more fluid than you'd think. Exactly how the Symbiote would look. This was a no-brainer for me. The payment plan on this takes me to August of this year and the P1 payment plan starts in August. Perfect.

The P1 captures the modern era Venom. Hulking, beastly and full of rage. The tentacles may be overdone, but they represent this era of the character well as he started using everything at his disposal to become a complete foe. The exclusive head on this one is the exact mix of mouth-open without having a dislocated jaw and wild teeth. I can't wait to have both.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I ended up ordering both SSC and P1 Venoms. He's my favorite character in all of comics and I think they nailed both versions.

The Sideshow with the exclusive McFarlane head is exactly what I was looking for in representing that era. I saw it in person at NYCC and it's imposing, dynamic and the texture of the skin is more fluid than you'd think. Exactly how the Symbiote would look. This was a no-brainer for me. The payment plan on this takes me to August of this year and the P1 payment plan starts in August. Perfect.

The P1 captures the modern era Venom. Hulking, beastly and full of rage. The tentacles may be overdone, but they represent this era of the character well as he started using everything at his disposal to become a complete foe. The exclusive head on this one is the exact mix of mouth-open without having a dislocated jaw and wild teeth. I can't wait to have both.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wow... Good on you mate

I'm jealous of anyone who is getting two of these, or even all three.

I think all three versions are nice and I love different things about each of them.

Regarding the XM version, I like his physique and pose. I love the XM McFarlane head the most, and think the Brock head is a pretty cool addition. However, I cannot stand the XM tongued portrait. The teeth don't look right, and the face is way too long and narrow. The base is nice, but from certain angles it looks like the clock piece that is behind him almost looks like a Hot Toys stand that is holding him in place.

Regarding the Sideshow version, I actually quite like the texture. I like the pose from certain angles, but not from others. I think both of the Sideshow heads are stellar. As for the negatives for this piece, as I said the pose being only enjoyable from certain angles is one pet peeve of mine, but I also hate the smoke on the base.

Regarding the Prime 1 version, this is the version I have ordered. I love the three different heads, but I absolutely love the pose. It's huge and menacing and looks insanely evil. I love the two tongued portraits, but feel very meh on the EX McFarlane head. I really like the tendrils on his shoulders, but at the same time, could do without some of the tendrils coming from his mid back. The resin tongues and saliva blow the other two companies out of the water, but I do feel his legs could be a tad larger to mesh better with his arms.

Just read Dark Origins at a bookstore; thought it was alright, agree with others that the artwork isn't the style I dig; the climax with Spider-Man fell short, expected a bit more from it, but the statue definitely embodies the design.

I'm jealous of anyone who is getting two of these, or even all three.

I think all three versions are nice and I love different things about each of them.

Regarding the XM version, I like his physique and pose. I love the XM McFarlane head the most, and think the Brock head is a pretty cool addition. However, I cannot stand the XM tongued portrait. The teeth don't look right, and the face is way too long and narrow. The base is nice, but from certain angles it looks like the clock piece that is behind him almost looks like a Hot Toys stand that is holding him in place.

Regarding the Sideshow version, I actually quite like the texture. I like the pose from certain angles, but not from others. I think both of the Sideshow heads are stellar. As for the negatives for this piece, as I said the pose being only enjoyable from certain angles is one pet peeve of mine, but I also hate the smoke on the base.

Regarding the Prime 1 version, this is the version I have ordered. I love the three different heads, but I absolutely love the pose. It's huge and menacing and looks insanely evil. I love the two tongued portraits, but feel very meh on the EX McFarlane head. I really like the tendrils on his shoulders, but at the same time, could do without some of the tendrils coming from his mid back. The resin tongues and saliva blow the other two companies out of the water, but I do feel his legs could be a tad larger to mesh better with his arms.

You nailed it buddy

I never considered buying any Venom until I saw what P1 put out. Ordered day 1. This thing is a beast. XM's & Sideshow's versions are lacking intensity. They seem a little too calm, and standard for the Venom character. P1's Venom is exactly how I see Venom, wild and ferocious. Definitely gonna be one of the strongest contenders for Statue of the Year 2018. And I really cant see XM's Venom standing a chance against it. This thing is going to be awesomeness to behold!!

17022434_1139221499520245_9195401208644970604_n.jpg

I never considered buying any Venom until I saw what P1 put out. Ordered day 1. This thing is a beast. XM's & Sideshow's versions are lacking intensity. They seem a little too calm, and standard for the Venom character. P1's Venom is exactly how I see Venom, wild and ferocious. Definitely gonna be one of the strongest contenders for Statue of the Year 2018. And I really cant see XM's Venom standing a chance against it. This thing is going to be awesomeness to behold!!

]

Only wishful thinking on my part, but I'm hoping others feel the same way as this person does about the XM Venom so I can have a chance at buying him 😀

In reality anyone who lives in the U.S. and Canada never had a chance to order XM venom at retail so that is a big part of the negatives against it.

The Ease of acquiring the Prime 1 Venom with the click of a button makes it easy for people to make other offerings non existent to them.

For me XM venom will take work to obtain, but the head sculpts along with the body and pose sells it for me along with XMs QC, and Bullet proof packing makes it my Venom.

As with anything this is just my opinion.

This thing deserve a proper display like the foto above

Back