Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one definitely leans more than the prototype, but that being said it's a really nice looking statue.

It is even looking downward which does not look right.

Proto reminder. So justify it however you want.

xn7i0wL.jpg

The head is poseable. That's why you'll see some with the Endo looking up more and some more downwards (like this pic here).

To be honest I am waiting for good and quality pictures. Those pictures are just bad.

xn7i0wL.jpg

Yeah... Don't know why they changed it.

This one definitely leans more than the prototype, but that being said it's a really nice looking statue.

The look of the statue overall is fantastic the problem was always with the pose of the released piece.

xn7i0wL.jpg

That prototype was back in Feb 2018 and there are some videos on youtube of it. The pose was definitely not perfect early on, a little too straight and stiff compared to later ones towards end of 2018 and 2019.

Specifically to this photo, the statue was also resting on a higher platform, as a result, most photos and videos of this piece was taken upwards hence gives it that illusion of perspective that it is almost standing straight. Notice even the upper torso and head looks slightly elongated and that's because of the camera lense distortion from tilting upwards that makes it look 'straight'. So I wouldn't just rely on this one photo and slap an entire label on it, photos can be deceiving to the human eye and comparisons hard to make if not taken under the same perspective, angle and distance.

On another matter you noted prior, the reason why the pegs look like I quote you, 'ass', is because it has been reinforced for additional support. The inner right peg is at least double in circumference to support the inner centre pegs which is then further supported by the rocky looking external peg (I presume it looks like this as the artist was attempting to blend this in with the base). Hence even before the statue considers to lean or break (as some have suggested) it'll need to rip inches through the base and the thick outer pegs would need to crack and shatter. Both scenarios are extremely unlikely unless the piece has been left out in the sun to rot. The pegs also anchor on an outward angle as opposed to vertical to prevent it from bending forward under pressure. The prototype pegs did not have these additional reinforced material, the statue legs were just resting on the internal peg.

The head is poseable. That's why you'll see some with the Endo looking up more and some more downwards (like this pic here).

Ok that makes sense now, I thought the head can only turned sideways, but it can be tilted up and down. That's pretty cool, a fully articulate head.

Actually, it looks like the movie version. As they said, they wanted to recreate the look after Termi got already whacked by Reese. Pretty sure the rods in the base will prevent a further bend. Still an odd move to alter the pose drastically after the prototype and then make excuses. Why did they not update the pictures or communicate the situation better?

Agree it is movie accurate, and I think the scene that were trying to capture was when the endo was surrounded by flames and took its first forward lunge, pushing a bent metal bar over (which looks like the bent bar on the base to the endos right). That and the endo chasing them down the hallway.

The endo I got is not too much different from the prototype, besides a few little changes which took me days to discern, it doesn't look that much different from the original piece. I think the ones leaning more actually look better and more menacing.

Not everyone prefers this though and what's distressing to collectors now (and that we are all are trying to figure out with mixed results) is... why do some endos look different to each other? Am I going to receive one that leans more or less?

We won't know until more collectors receive their piece.

Movie accuracy is not the debate here obviously but structural engineering. Gonna wait for decent video reviews to pass final judgment. Keeping good faith cause of the character though.

Actually, it looks like the movie version. As they said, they wanted to recreate the look after Termi got already whacked by Reese. Pretty sure the rods in the base will prevent a further bend. Still an odd move to alter the pose drastically after the prototype and then make excuses. Why did they not update the pictures or communicate the situation better?

I don't think they did intentionally alter the pose (Which was fine to begin with) This is more likely just how the factories produced them, although you'd think that Prime 1 would have caught this early on and corrected it.

Is it poseable in all directions? I'd assumed it was just sideways that it moved.

Everybody who collects for long knows that unbalanced poses causes issues and problems in the long run. If mine will lean like this it will going back. Not worth the headache. I don't want to drop my money in the trash.

If you wanna believe the new pose is fine like that because you want this statue so bad than it's fine. Sure we did not see enough of this from collectors yet... But better safe than sorry.

Can anyone that has the full statue confirm whether the head can be moved facing up or down?

If it can't, than that recent endo picture definitely has leaning problems.

I was just told that my Endo will be shipped out in a little over a week from now.

Back