Prime 1 Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [Bay]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prime 1 Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Dude you gotta let go like I did :lol I wished all those things but you knew (as I did) when it went to platinum dunes what we were gonna get :1-1:

I have, but I'm surprised that people genuinely seem to want to see MORE of this stuff. It's just not very well written, conceived, or executed.

And for the record, I think Nick is killing it with the new cartoon. It's not as good as the 2K3 series, but it's still good enough that I would recommend it to everyone. The movie, not so much.

Last edited:
Re: Prime 1 Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I have, but I'm surprised that people genuinely seem to want to see MORE of this stuff. It's just not very well written, conceived, or executed.

And for the record, I think Nick is killing it with the new cartoon. It's not as good as the 2K3 series, but it's still good enough that I would recommend it to everyone. The movie, not so much.

God another month before I can even see this thing, I am damn curious as to what my review will be like. The turtles seem cool but are they the main focus?? (not another Shiaformers) and also Splinter. A lot rests on his treatment because I really love that character. He needs to be calm, wise, compassionate yet totally kick ass and serious when it's needed.

God another month before I can even see this thing, I am damn curious as to what my review will be like. The turtles seem cool but are they the main focus?? (not another Shiaformers) and also Splinter. A lot rests on his treatment because I really love that character. He needs to be calm, wise, compassionate yet totally kick ass and serious when it's needed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dude what TMNT movie is well written?? Ninja Turtles movie are really hard to write about just because of the "origins" of it. There's different stories for every new Turtle movie or cartoon. In original movie Splinter was a pet rat that learned karate before he was a mutant lol. Bet you Christopher Nolan couldn't make this movie any better... The new movie was great. Turtles were great in that movie. Not saying it's the best movie in general but I definitely think it's the best TMNT movie. Well next to Turtles Forever but that's a cartoon. Phew would like to say more but I'm just getting frustrated with all the Bay naysayers. Honestly if it weren't for his 120 mil budget on the movie who else would you want producing it( yeah he didnt direct it) with mediocre budget like probably 50mil. Anyways special effects were amazing in that movie...wow I'm going to shut up now. Come on next week Prime1, I want info on those statues!!!:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dude what TMNT movie is well written?? Ninja Turtles movie are really hard to write about just because of the "origins" of it. There's different stories for every new Turtle movie or cartoon. In original movie Splinter was a pet rat that learned karate before he was a mutant lol. Bet you Christopher Nolan couldn't make this movie any better... The new movie was great. Turtles were great in that movie. Not saying it's the best movie in general but I definitely think it's the best TMNT movie. Well next to Turtles Forever but that's a cartoon. Phew would like to say more but I'm just getting frustrated with all the Bay naysayers. Honestly if it weren't for his 120 mil budget on the movie who else would you want producing it( yeah he didnt direct it) with mediocre budget like probably 50mil. Anyways special effects were amazing in that movie...wow I'm going to shut up now. Come on next week Prime1, I want info on those statues!!!:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You I never really considered that...I think the counter argument is that how Marvel and DC has been going, people are saying **** could still be good. But I enjoyed it a lot, and I'm rather glad to hear that the sequel got announced!

Also yup, c'mon Prime, I need to knowwwwwwwww (cue Marc Anthony)

Prime 1 Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Look, the first movie is mostly well-written as it was derived mostly from the comics. The 2K7 movie is definitely well executed.

My disdain for this abomination has nothing to do with Bay. I don't give a crap about who produces/directs. It's the product that matters, and this is a soulless product. The fact that you mention money is also telling since none of the previous TMNT movies have had large budgets. A large budget is not necessary to make a good TMNT product.

I won't say more specifically yet because I don't want to spoil the story/origin for those who haven't seen it. My general comment is that is origin story is the least clear, and probably the least meaningful/imaginative. Every other origin story we've seen--the Fred Wolf show, the 2k3 show, the original comics, the first movie, and even the IDW origin (which I'm not crazy about)--are superior and at least capture the essence of who the TMNT are. Sorry, but this new version doesn't do it.

I'm not a fanboy nerd, though it's fair to say that TMNT have had a greater influence on my life than any other pop culture entity. I am a serious but also forgiving fan. This movie has little respect for much of the source material, and frankly it has little respect for moviegoers in general. It has some shining moments, but there are twice as many abysmal moments, and overall it's mediocre most of the way. It tries far too hard to make what's already inherently cool, cool. Why does the turtle vehicle, which they drive at night, have solar panels on it? Why is Raphael wearing a pair of broken sunglasses at all times? Why would a ninja wear a hooded sweatshirt wrapped around his waist? I could continue.

Certainly everyone is entitled to his own opinion. However, as a lifelong TMNT fan (and I remained an active fan during the dark age of the franchise) I will go on record as saying that this version of the turtles is only slightly better than the Next Mutation. But at least Playmates made excellent toys to support NM.

My stance is this: if you're a serious TMNT fan, go for it because out of loyalty and curiosity it's something that you should see. Just don't expect a good product, and certainly not one that you'll look back on fondly 25 or even 10 years later.

Last edited:

I will look back on it fondly like I do the 90's movie now. You might not, but this is my favorite tmnt movie. Judge as you might. Yes the 90's movies/cartoons hold something dear to my heart because that was my entire child hood!

I am a pretty die hard tmnt fan, origin is one thing I'm not **** about. Probably because I think the original origin is weird anyways. I like what they did with the origin in this new one. I didn't want to see the same old ****.

do not read the below if you haven't seen the movie...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I will look back on it fondly like I do the 90's movie now. You might not, but this is my favorite tmnt movie. Judge as you might. Yes the 90's movies/cartoons hold something dear to my heart because that was my entire child hood!

I am a pretty die hard tmnt fan, origin is one thing I'm not **** about. Probably because I think the original origin is weird anyways. I like what they did with the origin in this new one. I didn't want to see the same old ****.

do not read the below if you haven't seen the movie...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pretty much agree with your sentiments exactly. My only complaint on the new movie was that it wasn't long enough. I'll join the gauntlet with you.

Once you get past the idea of these turtles having a different look they grow on you like crazy. I think the individual personalities were perfect. I even enjoyed Megan Fox and her subpar acting. Shredder was bad ass. Splinter was a little funny looking at first but even the new rat look grew on me by the end if the movie. Had some classic comedy true to the original stuff. All around a great flick imo

Pretty much agree with your sentiments exactly. My only complaint on the new movie was that it wasn't long enough. I'll join the gauntlet with you.

Once you get past the idea of these turtles having a different look they grow on you like crazy. I think the individual personalities were perfect. I even enjoyed Megan Fox and her subpar acting. Shredder was bad ass. Splinter was a little funny looking at first but even the new rat look grew on me by the end if the movie. Had some classic comedy true to the original stuff. All around a great flick imo

Couldn't agree more brother. Very enjoyable. Will most likely see it again before bluray release. Stoked they green lit the sequel. Loved how the movie ended.

Turtle wise. I liked them from the minute I saw them. I'm super into lifting and the gym, so the huge turtles appeal to me more. Raph is my favorite, and once I saw him rocking that bandana like my favorite video game character (Marcus fenix), I literally knew from that exact point... I would enjoy this movie. The fact that they absolutely hit the ball out of the park on there personalities made me want to cry in joy. Haha

I've yet to see a good excuse for not liking this movie. Except for the basic Bay haters and origin/comic fan rage.

I'm with you guys too. The origin was okay. We even get a hint that the ooze isn't something they made. April says something of that nature. So you get a hint that its like the whole Utron thing. Yeah Fox sucked and Whoopi was a wasted character but overall it sold me. I wish Shredder wasn't so robotic and Savage to you're right about them not really saying much about Shredder's past but I think they'll expand that in the sequel. I feel like a lots been left out in order to keep the story going. I only hated 2 things about Splinter but the second thing I can sort of explain as being part of the same reason they came to be and the first thing isn't that bad I guess. Sorta like Caesar in 'Apes'. The Turtles' characters were fun and didn't take themselves too seriously but also delivered their individual personalities just as we remember them. I wish the movie had more Heart. Maybe that's why you thought it felt too short Tavegg.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

To be clear, I'm not in a rage over the origin. That was one of many thrown together, poorly thought out choices. Again, I don't want to spoil individual scenes by discussing the moments that were problematic. Speaking generally, the avalanche scene is where the movie lost me for good. It degenerated pretty quickly from that point on. And the product placement stuff was atrocious--it wasn't enough to have a Pizza Hut box, but instead we had to hear the friggin menu description of the pie.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are happy and enjoy the film. It's impossible to please everyone. I just see a lot of unrealized potential and will hope that the sequel is better conceived.

I felt the origins were cheapened a little bit. Like we got the idea but I would have liked to see more time spent on showing them grow and progress into the teenagers they were for most of the movie. What I was most impressed with was how they developed Ralph from the time we first see him as a teenager to the mature adult he becomes in the end. Leo has always been my dude but he has now been replaced by Ralphael.

Savage

I am a huge into lifting as well. Have been on swoll patrol since I was 19 years old so I can relate to how you feel. I think it has alot to do with our attachments to superheros and their muscular physiques. Probably why Ralph stands out so much as well.

I felt the origins were cheapened a little bit. Like we got the idea but I would have liked to see more time spent on showing them grow and progress into the teenagers they were for most of the movie. What I was most impressed with was how they developed Ralph from the time we first see him as a teenager to the mature adult he becomes in the end. Leo has always been my dude but he has now been replaced by Ralphael.

Savage

I am a huge into lifting as well. Have been on swoll patrol since I was 19 years old so I can relate to how you feel. I think it has alot to do with our attachments to superheros and their muscular physiques. Probably why Ralph stands out so much as well.

Sun's out, guns out. Squats and Dead Lifts until the day I die! Yeah, not only his size. But the simplicity of his design. Bandana, basic tunic/cloth around his waist, arm bands, and sun glasses. That's literally how I rolled to high school football games. Haha (except for the rag tunic) haha

Wait you were a ninja turtle in high school? :lol

I was tiny when I graduated. 155 lbs soaking wet. Let's just say people generally and politely get out of my way now a days

Wait you were a ninja turtle in high school? :lol

I was tiny when I graduated. 155 lbs soaking wet. Let's just say people generally and politely get out of my way now a days

It's why I didn't want to correct you calling Raph, Ralph all the time. Such an intimidating specimen :horror

Must be why I have such a connection for the Blob.....haha just kidding, I'm at my healthy weight (according to "Doctors")

I'm gonna go see it again today (The Purge sucked, but I was refunded to see something and I wasn't waiting another hour for Turtles).

To be clear, I'm not in a rage over the origin. That was one of many thrown together, poorly thought out choices. Again, I don't want to spoil individual scenes by discussing the moments that were problematic. Speaking generally, the avalanche scene is where the movie lost me for good. It degenerated pretty quickly from that point on. And the product placement stuff was atrocious--it wasn't enough to have a Pizza Hut box, but instead we had to hear the friggin menu description of the pie.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are happy and enjoy the film. It's impossible to please everyone. I just see a lot of unrealized potential and will hope that the sequel is better conceived.

Don't worry man, you didn't like it?!? Guess what! you're entitled that opinion. Just like I'll be entitled to my own opinion once I've seen it. I'm a little tired of the whole get your head out of the 90's stick. You like it great, you don't, fine. It still doesn't change the fact you're all TMNT fans at the end of the day. I don't get the animosity sometimes and why we have to pigeonhole each other just for having differing opinions. Ridiculous

Rant done :)

Not trying to bring the whole 90's thing...but I actually didn't get a chance to the old ones yet....I feel so lost.

I don't even know how many exist :panic:

It's why I didn't want to correct you calling Raph, Ralph all the time. Such an intimidating specimen :horror

Ondi your my boy. You can tell me I'm an idiot and to spell Raph correctly all you want. Just keep that turtle art coming buddy.

I keep checking this thread. Praying someone posts the numbers "$400.00". Haha

Back