Prime 1 Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [Bay]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I know I'm not in for these man ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) but I'm gonna enjoy them with those that are and be my stupid self on the side :)

I've made peace with it :pray:

Stop saying it. We can't believe it. Never!

Quick add on. 2300 before tax and shipping for optimus? Who the **** does prime 1 think they are at those prices? I would want a miniature real life version of optimus for that price!

Just flex pay them man you can do it, I believe in you (cue Rocky soundtrack)

Just flex pay them man you can do it, I believe in you (cue Rocky soundtrack)

It's not that I couldn't afford the flex. (I really couldn't afford a $100 a month flex) haha. It's that I would refuse to pay over $500 for that statue man. It's one thing to get cap at $450. But looking at those pictures, it doesn't look like it's ridiculously more detailed or using higher quality materials. Over $500 ish... I can't see the price being legitimate besides just profit.

Sounds Legit!

I mean. If I want to be in this hobby for a good amount of time. I need to make purchases wisely. And if this is two-three times the price of a regular sized pf... I can't justify it on my current budget.

Yeah you gotta buy what you can afford, I can attest to that :)

I mean. If I want to be in this hobby for a good amount of time. I need to make purchases wisely. And if this is two-three times the price of a regular sized pf... I can't justify it on my current budget.

I agree with what you say. I think when a company starts asking astronomical prices for there collectibles there are a few things to consider before forking over your hard earned money. Questions I would ask are how prestigious is their brand, has it been around for a long time/established. Material used on the product, how high is the material quality used on the product and finally how easy/cheaply can the items be reproduced by another supplier while still maintaining the same level of quality. These factors will probably give me a good indication of how much I could pay for something. In the case of these turtles could you see a company like Sideshow/Hot toys reproduce them in the 400-600 dollar range and still maintain the quality in the paint/materials used.

Quick add on. 2300 before tax and shipping for optimus? Who the **** does prime 1 think they are at those prices? I would want a miniature real life version of optimus for that price!
You should buy the Hot Toys Optimus when it goes up. That's my plan. Also the Prime 1 figures are solid. They weigh like 60lbs a piece (transformers)
Ondi don't worry bro I'll probably pick these up. I'll post **** loads of pics for everyone and you can love vicariously through me brother.

Can't wait to see this movie. A friend said it was; and i quote, "poop" and "Michael bay ruins childhoods". But I told him to **** off and that I'll judge it for myself
Yeah thosenpics have been posted in here a few pages back. Thanks though. Any pics and news are welcome. I messaged Prime 1 again on FB last night asking about price and an official announcement lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I agree with what you say. I think when a company starts asking astronomical prices for there collectibles there are a few things to consider before forking over your hard earned money. Questions I would ask are how prestigious is their brand, has it been around for a long time/established. Material used on the product, how high is the material quality used on the product and finally how easy/cheaply can the items be reproduced by another supplier while still maintaining the same level of quality. These factors will probably give me a good indication of how much I could pay for something. In the case of these turtles could you see a company like Sideshow/Hot toys reproduce them in the 400-600 dollar range and still maintain the quality in the paint/materials used.

Best bet would be. HT. But no way I'm paying $400 for a HT Turtle figure.

Best bet would be. HT. But no way I'm paying $400 for a HT Turtle figure.
I wouldn't want an HT Turtles figure. They make it posable. If they did I'd want comic or original movie

You should buy the Hot Toys Optimus when it goes up. That's my plan. Also the Prime 1 figures are solid. They weigh like 60lbs a piece (transformers)
Ondi don't worry bro I'll probably pick these up. I'll post **** loads of pics for everyone and you can love vicariously through me brother.

Can't wait to see this movie. A friend said it was; and i quote, "poop" and "Michael bay ruins childhoods". But I told him to **** off and that I'll judge it for myself

Yeah thosenpics have been posted in here a few pages back. Thanks though. Any pics and news are welcome. I messaged Prime 1 again on FB last night asking about price and an official announcement lol

Your friend sounds like a mainstreaming jerk... Haha

I saw it last night, turtles were perfect. If you liked the new designs you'll enjoy it.

Story is classic Bay involved story. If you can put aside the need to critic every scene, and just go into it wanting to see the turtles done justice, you'll enjoy it.

Your friend sounds like a mainstreaming jerk... Haha

I saw it last night, turtles were perfect. If you liked the new designs you'll enjoy it.

Story is classic Bay involved story. If you can put aside the need to critic every scene, and just go into it wanting to see the turtles done justice, you'll enjoy it.

Hell yeah I can vouch with this homie.

Loved every bit of it. Lot of great references. Plus the director did a solid job. At times I questioned some of the things they chose; but hell it was awesome.

And seriously I might be bias because of Fox :love

Couldn't agree more. They charge over $500 they are stretching the reasoning of this hobby. Just because you pay more for a piece, doesn't mean it's automatically worth more money. I can picture them saying "the price is because we put in so many hours"... No, I don't pay statue companies hourly wages haha. And I absolutely believe that quality shown on Raph can be reproduced or at least get very close to that quality. I understand a lot of statue have become rare and fetch those crazy amounts. But you'll never see me spend that kind of money. That's why I'll barely shop aftermarket unless it's a steal of a deal. Seeing the J Scott Spidey com already being posted at 499.99 and upwards makes me laugh so hard. $200 more for a statue a decent amount of people seem to have disliked and some quality issues.

These aren't classic cars. To me, I won't pay over the price is sold for ever again.

Hell yeah I can vouch with this homie.

Loved every bit of it. Lot of great references. Plus the director did a solid job. At times I questioned some of the things they chose; but hell it was awesome.

And seriously I might be bias because of Fox :love

Tried to shoot you a pm to talk about the movie but your inbox is full :(

So, people who have ordered/followed prime 1. What's their time span between a reveal like this and giving us a price and release date?

Guys to be fair with all this price conscious stuff. There's premium high end collectibles and there's nicely done statues. SS gives you your $400 dollars worth most if the time. PRIME1 is in another league.

You wouldnt expect to pay the same price for a Jag as you would a Ford focus. Somewhat similar in design . Both nice cars and theyll gwt you where you need to go but let's be real here. Those two cars would never compare in price and it's not because Jaguar is gouging their customers. PRIME1 is a jag fellas . Sad for the pocket book but true

Great news guys!! I emailed Prime1 Studios couple of days ago about when we would get any info and if sideshow was going to distribute here's what I got

" Thank you for your inquiry.
Sideshow is supporting to distribute our items including Ninja Turtles.
We will start pre-order of first Turtles in this year.
We will make official announcement of this item next week.

Prime1Studio
Rie Matsumoto"

Can't wait!!!:) movie was awesome too!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back