Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used $400 in RP for this. I’m still getting but probably my last P1 piece. The accessories alone would do well with other 1/3 offerings but no more P1 pieces for me moving forward. Can’t take them as serious as these other companies. If I cancel now I don’t have other things to use my RP before they expire. Also, missed out on JND so too late to put funds towards that one. I do like the sculpt better on this than JND but the paint apps and craftsmanship makes JND the better 1/3 to date with QS closely behind. P1 just showed the world they aren’t ready to hang with QS and JND.

Seeing these new pics I might be tempted to pick up the bust now, but still wouldn't want to take a risk on the full statue. As I'm just not confident it would really look as good in hand as those pics make it seem.

I preordered this from bbts with a nrd. Anybody have any experience with getting your nrd back from bbts?

Thinking I might cancel the statue and keep the PO for the bust. That way if the bust is better I can either put with my 1/3 QS or pickup this statue later. I feel it'll be around for awhile heh.

I preordered this from bbts with a nrd. Anybody have any experience with getting your nrd back from bbts?
I've only cancelled one thing from them that had a nrd and I lost it. I have mine on order there too, which is why I've held off this long.

I really don't understand why they can't just release pictures from a proper unboxing. Are they trying to hide something?

Thinking I might cancel the statue and keep the PO for the bust. That way if the bust is better I can either put with my 1/3 QS or pickup this statue later. I feel it'll be around for awhile heh.
that's what I did, I'd also probably feel okay repainting the bust if it needs it

:love: I might actually change my mind and pick this one up. :love:

jokesonus.jpg

Finally got some high quality photos at least.
Much better pics. However, clothing still needs to be futz'd with. Maybe it's just me, but when paying these high prices, I don't understand how folks can just take the item out of the box, plop a figure/statue on the base and call it a day? Whether it's a mix media statue or 1/6 figure, I pull out the tweezers and, if I can, take off some of the clothing to iron out the wrinkles. Or, at the very least, do some water treatment to help clothing lay better.

Much better pics. However, clothing still needs to be futz'd with. Maybe it's just me, but when paying these high prices, I don't understand how folks can just take the item out of the box, plop a figure/statue on the base and call it a day? Whether it's a mix media statue or 1/6 figure, I pull out the tweezers and, if I can, take off some of the clothing to iron out the wrinkles. Or, at the very least, do some water treatment to help clothing lay better.
yeah same thing, when i have my 1/6 figures out the costume never looks right in the first place. always have to work with it to make it right like how you seen it in the film. do that with everyone of my stuff i get in. like with the 1/4 hot toys joker. when i first got it the jacket look to big but with time and work got it just right looking.

I used $400 in RP for this. I’m still getting but probably my last P1 piece. The accessories alone would do well with other 1/3 offerings but no more P1 pieces for me moving forward. Can’t take them as serious as these other companies. If I cancel now I don’t have other things to use my RP before they expire. Also, missed out on JND so too late to put funds towards that one. I do like the sculpt better on this than JND but the paint apps and craftsmanship makes JND the better 1/3 to date with QS closely behind. P1 just showed the world they aren’t ready to hang with QS and JND.
I feel for you, and don't blame you. I feel the same. I wanted to order this, I have the bust on order and was just going to pick this up later down the track but not anymore.

Only Prime 1 piece I pre-ordered was the 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator, and while the sculpt was fantastic, the production paint app was a fair way off the prototype. I still like the piece overall, but I decided I wouldn't PO anymore Prime 1 pieces after that and wait for production instead.

Prime 1 used to have pretty good production but they're just pumping out way too much product now and everything has taken a hit when it comes to quality. They're still mostly okay with creatures, but a lot of their human sculpts end up terrible in production. QS and JND are on another level compared to everyone else.

I feel for you, and don't blame you. I feel the same. I wanted to order this, I have the bust on order and was just going to pick this up later down the track but not anymore.

Only Prime 1 piece I pre-ordered was the 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator, and while the sculpt was fantastic, the production paint app was a fair way off the prototype. I still like the piece overall, but I decided I wouldn't PO anymore Prime 1 pieces after that and wait for production instead.

Prime 1 used to have pretty good production but they're just pumping out way too much product now and everything has taken a hit when it comes to quality. They're still mostly okay with creatures, but a lot of their human sculpts end up terrible in production. QS and JND are on another level compared to everyone else.
The recent pictures of their 1/3 Snyder Superman look good…besides being cross eyed lmao.

If this isn't the repainted head then this looks close to the proto IMO. Those who liked this piece enough to order it should still be happy with it based off these pics?
Yes! My mind is much more at ease now after seeing the new pics. If my piece turns out like the one in the new pics, I'm all good.

Back