Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! I forgot. Isn't the eyes movable?? If I'm not mistaken that was one of the features on this statue.

Think the problem is a few of us have had their shipping notices. I for example will need to pay for customs etc... so to send it back would be a nightmare!

The need to confirm as the whole thing looks completely different.

Wow.
Man this is false advertisement-No “prototype pending” can cover these kind of changes. It looks like a cheap knock off.
I actually applaud them for having the balls to release this.
It shows how little they actually care and all the reasons for the expense of the statue-hand painted/tailored clothing are out the window.
There’s no way an “artist” applied the paint to that.
a drunk monkey could do a better job on this.
I would be contacting my card company to organise a refund and Id be telling them it’s fraud.
They have advertised one thing & sent out something completely different

Wow.
Man this is false advertisement-No “prototype pending” can cover these kind of changes. It looks like a cheap knock off.
I actually applaud them for having the balls to release this.
It shows how little they actually care and all the reasons for the expense of the statue-hand painted/tailored clothing are out the window.
There’s no way an “artist” applied the paint to that.
a drunk monkey could do a better job on this.
I would be contacting my card company to organise a refund and Id be telling them it’s fraud.
They have advertised one thing & sent out something completely different
Exactly I was thinking at what level does it actually count as false advertising, and I wonder how the original portrait artist feels about this. Think I'll have to cancel this, just can't see it getting much better.

Damn this is probably the biggest bait and switch I've seen on a product. I mean you sometimes get some softness with Hot Toys and such but for a statue that Prime 1 is charging $1500+ for? Not acceptable.

It also looks like they changes his arm/pose? Looks more awkward than before.

8sToW2s.jpg
Just noticed that too. If this is indeed the new hand pose, it sucks balls. Should be much closer to his face and upright so we can see clearly the joker card. It's meant to be a sinister taunt, but instead looks like his handing out candy with a crooked back. I can't imagine this pose with the expressionless bust, he'll look like a lost case.

This for me would be the equivalent of ordering a real Hot Toys head from someone on Ebay and getting a knockoff re-mould and paint instead. The tailoring looks nice, I'm not a fan of the sculpt in-hand or proto, something about it is weird and very stylised (I prefer a more realistic look to the film), but that paint app is awful. It doesn't work with the mixed media clothing at all. The entire point of a mixed media outfit is to make it realistic, but combine that with the flat airbrushing it makes the sculpt stand out more in a worse way.

Hope it's not as bad in-hand, but I also hope Prime learn from this. I was going to order the Phoenix Joker from them but very happy I didn't, the base and overall end product is definitely not to my liking.

It wouldn't be nearly so disappointing if it was a 1/6 sculpt, but it'll be so much larger in hand that the knock off tier paint will be that much more obvious. I think I'll be canceling mine on Sideshow.

Has me worried about two other P1 statues I want, Aloy and Jin Sakai.

For me this is a canceling. I already canceled the bust too. They changed too much from the prototype to the final product. I can understand a minor difference between the prototype and the final item but come on. See that paint job on the face and specially on the eyes. Me with an airbrush i can do a better work. For the love of god, this cost 1800€..... it's not a joke.

This is unacceptable.

To be honest. Hot Toys it's criticize a lot but for what we pay... it's much better than this. I had a doubt of change Hot Toys for statues, but it's already gone. And I'm seriously thinking of canceling my LOTR preorders...

Last edited:
The fact that this is one of their most expensive single character pieces on the market right now, AND that it's Ledger's Joker.....

This is THE one you don't want to f*** up.

I'm somewhat in denial and waiting for professional photos but I should probably just cancel before it's too late.

The fact that this is one of their most expensive single character pieces on the market right now, AND that it's Ledger's Joker.....

This is THE one you don't want to f*** up.

I'm somewhat in denial and waiting for professional photos but I should probably just cancel before it's too late.
Yeah, I'd intended it to be the Joker centerpiece in my collection. I sold the majority of my 1/6 figured to move into statues too.

I was hoping for professional quality pics but at this point I've seen enough of the subpar paint job.

Back