Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just to add I don't think one piece will ever have the full praise of everyone. Like Daniel said in one of his videos, Joker has so many different looks and personality mannerisms, that for each person each of those shades and aspects is their true version of the Joker, even down to degredation of the makeup. You just gotta go with what you prefer and what is offered.

More for me than appearance also is uniformity and finesse. I think plastic bases with stuff littered all over them are horrendous, and all statues/figures that come with different ones creates an incredibly disparate display. I love that JND have a uniformity to their bases with only the inner top layer changing to reflect the scene or character.
While I don’t mind the P1 Bases, I do think they can be TOO elaborate at times. Like you said, the simplicity of the bases on the JND statues is nice and clean but still allow for some character/individuality on the top. It’s something I also like about my old SS LOTR PFs. Their bases were all very similar with a nice nameplate and the tops being specific to the character/scene.

Last edited:
There’s no denying JND is the more premium overall better statue. The presentation and quality is best. Is it he best representation of the Ledger Joker? Definitely not. The sculpt is weak and hairline is terrible. This is where P1 looks like Ledger. His famous smile just look at any smiling ledger pics and P1 nailed it. Is it the best look for Joker, NO. Does the second bust capture that? Yes. While no company to date has done a premium statue like JND it doesn’t look like Ledger for the price. QS and P1 have nailed his sculpt but quality isn’t as good. So if you want a premium statue and beat materials. JND is where it’s at. If you want accuracy and best sculpts, QS and P1 have done better. P1’s paint apps can be remedied and have shown that the sculpt can look great. It shouldn’t be needed at this price but that’s P1. I know more people see Ledger in P1 versus JND. Can’t argue that.

There’s no denying JND is the more premium overall better statue. The presentation and quality is best. Is it he best representation of the Ledger Joker? Definitely not. The sculpt is weak and hairline is terrible. This is where P1 looks like Ledger. His famous smile just look at any smiling ledger pics and P1 nailed it. Is it the best look for Joker, NO. Does the second bust capture that? Yes. While no company to date has done a premium statue like JND it doesn’t look like Ledger for the price. QS and P1 have nailed his sculpt but quality isn’t as good. So if you want a premium statue and beat materials. JND is where it’s at. If you want accuracy and best sculpts, QS and P1 have done better. P1’s paint apps can be remedied and have shown that the sculpt can look great. It shouldn’t be needed at this price but that’s P1. I know more people see Ledger in P1 versus JND. Can’t argue that.
Nothing you said is false or can be proven wrong. I just see more Ledger in JND than P1, personally speaking (the laughing sculpt that is).

I couldn't have said it any better, I completely agree. The JND is definitely best quality overall, but as I said, it better be at that price.

The discussion about the base in particular is really interesting to me. Personally one of the biggest draws for P1 in my books is the elaborate bases with a lot going on. It's visually interesting and seems more fitting for a statue versus say a 1/6 figure. I like the base with the Ledger Joker quite a lot. Keep in mind this is coming from the guy who also loves the base for the comic Harley and apparently that's a very unpopular opinion. 😁

I couldn't have said it any better, I completely agree. The JND is definitely best quality overall, but as I said, it better be at that price.

The discussion about the base in particular is really interesting to me. Personally one of the biggest draws for P1 in my books is the elaborate bases with a lot going on. It's visually interesting and seems more fitting for a statue versus say a 1/6 figure. I like the base with the Ledger Joker quite a lot. Keep in mind this is coming from the guy who also loves the base for the comic Harley and apparently that's a very unpopular opinion. 😁
It's a nice base and no where near like some of the others that P1 has done. If I'm able to get this (finger's crossed on a good Christmas bonus), then I probably wouldn't have the gas cannisters or money on the base around his feet. I'd probably have the money in the hole where the lights go and just leave the gas cannisters in the box. That would keep the area around his feet nice and tidy. I think that's the nice thing about this base compared to some of the other large P1 bases- you have options on how you want to display it. You don't NEED to put all the stuff on there just b/c it comes with it.

Last edited:
Many customers have mentioned the bad hairline, inaccurate colour of hair and likeness, and the overly thick hair. That doesn't mean it's not a great piece but you can't say no owners have said anything critical

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they’re justifying a $2500 purchase. I would too. The quality shows at $2500. Is it perfect definitely not. It isn’t accurate for the price to me. This P1 isn’t either but to me it looks more like Ledger than JND and the additional bust ever more than JND. Can’t deny that. The hit me scene face doesn’t look like JND sculpt. Will anyone who sees JND say it’s Ledger? Yes. If you put a screen grab and his face side by side they’ll say otherwise I’m sure. But compare both these statues side by side and P1 sculpt is better on both portraits. I’m sorry but JND looks like a Mr. Burns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the hair issues, I personally prefer JND's seething expression and simpler base. However, the Prime 1 expression looks more unhinged and tells a broader story as opposed to being somewhat scene specific. Considering the price difference, I wonder how a Prime 1 with a custom paint and rehair would compare. I've never even considered the P1 before today, but I'm almost tempted to pick one up and give it a go. I believe I'd just need to send out the the head and maybe the coat for weathering assuming it's removable. Would also pick up the bust and send that head out since it would be swappable. The main thing holding me back (other than expense) is that I've already POed Queen Studio's 1:4. So I want to see how that comes out. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see QS go to the 1:3 Joker well again in the next year or two.

Last edited:
I guess we all see things differently. To me the P1 sculpt looks nothing like Ledger. Looks more like a comic version of him. He never smiled like that in the film. His classic smile looks more like this:

received_331247278504840.jpeg

The alternate portrait on the P1 though, that beats everything IMO.

I guess we all see things differently. To me the P1 sculpt looks nothing like Ledger. Looks more like a comic version of him. He never smiled like that in the film. His classic smile looks more like this:

View attachment 551055

The alternate portrait on the P1 though, that beats everything IMO.
Agreed about the smile, also if P1 pull off the bust right. But now I highly doubt it. But time will tell.

Regardless of scale, Queen has the most things right with clothing colors and sculpt.

Their in-person display model looks better than their proto shots. Their hair method is way better than rooting into silicone, which is best left at 1:1 scale.

2-C5-AB665-1-C3-C-4487-90-EE-FF96-AD7-AEE71.jpg

Because they’re justifying a $2500 purchase.
It's a tad insulting to claim buyers are justifying their purchase by lying to themselves. We all just see things differently and have different tastes. JND is showing a prototype and attaching a price tag to it, just like every other statue manufacturer. No one is being tricked into making a purchase they later have to justify. Now, as to whether the production pieces match the prototype, that's a different story. I can understand the dissatisfaction of the final product falling short of the advertisement.

It's a tad insulting to claim buyers are justifying their purchase by lying to themselves. We all just see things differently and have different tastes. JND is showing a prototype and attaching a price tag to it, just like every other statue manufacturer. No one is being tricked into making a purchase they later have to justify. Now, as to whether the production pieces match the prototype, that's a different story. I can understand the dissatisfaction of the final product falling short of the advertisement.
I agree with you. I don't buy the justifying comment. If I paid 2500 for a statue and wasn't happy I certainly wouldn't be justifying it but would express my anger instead.

However, the production piece is virtually 95% of the prototype, so it's not like it's a surprise to anyone who ordered. Anyone who liked it enough to pre-order would be happy with the final product.

I didn't pre-order the JND piece but I want one based on how the production piece turned out.

Back