Statue Prime 1 Studio - Lee Bermejo Deadman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

They incorrectly tagged this head as exclusive here.

I'm personally not a fan of the costume - it looks too much like one of those exhibits of the human body. The head sculpts look fantastic. I don't know if I'd be in on this one anyway. I like the character but 1/3 scale and a bigger price tag may be too much.

I'm definitely out at 1/3 scale.

But I admire this statue ....looks so good!

These reused poses sure keep popping up

Geez ...didn't notice that until you posted these 3 pics. Yikes!

On the bright side, I'm only getting the Spider-Man 2099 statue of the three ...so at least the similarities won't be too obvious when I display the one.

Geez ...didn't notice that until you posted these 3 pics. Yikes!

On the bright side, I'm only getting the Spider-Man 2099 statue of the three ...so at least the similarities won't be too obvious when I display the one.

They also at least don't share lines or scales. The anime-based lines, like Berserk and Ultraman, all have at least one main character in a museum pose standing on top of a dead creature. It's the entire theme of the Guyver and Witcher lines, but that's also what makes them cool in a way. I can't imagine myself being able to complete entire lines, so it's nice to be able to pick and choose my favorite characters without feeling like I'm missing something to drastically different. Fans diehard enough to be completionists would get more out of all the referential base elements than casual ones anyway.

Also, as much as we deservedly make fun of Sideshow's Captain Morgan poses, they also take more risks with poses than we often give them credit for, especially when they revisit characters (i.e. Assault on Hydra Captain America or She-Devil Red Sonja.) XM similarly draws from the Captain Morgan well quite often, but hide it well (?) with the enormous bases. Both their first Wolverine and the upcoming Weapon X have the same leg-up pose. They even used the same pose referenced for P1 Spidey 2099 et all for their Darkness piece. There are only so many single-character poses from which artists can choose.

alejandro-pereira-cable04.jpg

namor01-600x600.jpg
wolverine04.jpg

I don't really know this character though this looks pretty awesome. I assume he's sort of rising out of his own grave? Does anyone know why there are two skulls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back