Prime 1 Studio: Jurassic Park III - Spinosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's beautifully detailed, but I'm not a fan of the pose. Legs are awkward and the tail drooping down is not a good look.

Ever since Spinosaurus is confirmed to be a quadruped with much shorter hind legs I've lost interest in this JP abomination. Excellent looking sculpt and paint job tho.

Ever since Spinosaurus is confirmed to be a quadruped with much shorter hind legs I've lost interest in this JP abomination. Excellent looking sculpt and paint job tho.

I'm sorta there with you. It's a great representation of what was on screen though.

That's true, it looks nothing like how it did in real life. But keep a couple things in mind. First off Wu's comment from Jurassic World:

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural! We have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if their genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different"

And we recently learned through the Dinosaur Protection Group that following the passing of the Gene Guard Act, some Ingen scientists went to Sorna and cloned a few dinosaurs for genetic experiments and hybrid amalgam testing.

I think it's believed the Spinosaurus was the result of heavier genetic alterations than the other illegally cloned dinosaurs. That's why the Spino differs so much from what it really looked like.

Now if you're a dinosaur fan first and a JP fan second I can understand not wanting to own this. Despite the fact I was a dino-nut growing up I still consider myself a JP fan first and having learned the history behind the JP/// Spino, I have more appreciation for it now than I did back in 2001 when I watched it kill my beloved T-Rex. :panic:

I also second the above post asking when pre-orders will start.

I'm sorta there with you. It's a great representation of what was on screen though.

Yes, and that's what most are buying. They want the film character as designed, not a 100% scientifically accurate dino. It would be nice if those overlapped, but as with most of JP that isn't the case.

That's true, it looks nothing like how it did in real life. But keep a couple things in mind. First off Wu's comment from Jurassic World:

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural! We have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if their genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different"

And we recently learned through the Dinosaur Protection Group that following the passing of the Gene Guard Act, some Ingen scientists went to Sorna and cloned a few dinosaurs for genetic experiments and hybrid amalgam testing.

I think it's believed the Spinosaurus was the result of heavier genetic alterations than the other illegally cloned dinosaurs. That's why the Spino differs so much from what it really looked like.

Now if you're a dinosaur fan first and a JP fan second I can understand not wanting to own this. Despite the fact I was a dino-nut growing up I still consider myself a JP fan first and having learned the history behind the JP/// Spino, I have more appreciation for it now than I did back in 2001 when I watched it kill my beloved T-Rex. :panic:

I also second the above post asking when pre-orders will start.

Indom still looks cooler to me and it doesn't have to pretend to be a real life dino, Spino is just too caught up in that awkward situation where it's half real half monster and that just doesn't work for me any more. Wonder if future movie sequels would change its appearance based on more updated findings tho.

Indom still looks cooler to me and it doesn't have to pretend to be a real life dino, Spino is just too caught up in that awkward situation where it's half real half monster and that just doesn't work for me any more. Wonder if future movie sequels would change its appearance based on more updated findings tho.

No, for the reasons given to you above. You might want to try the Dinosauria line.

Those dinosaurs aren’t accurate. Nothing in JP is . Jeez. Just forget it. All these paleontologist want bird Dino’s in jp so bad. The trex feather thing was a theory.

I basically said the same thing a few posts above. That was my point. These are sci-fi movie characters, not historical documentary animals.

O yea I know. Just adding in cause I always see science people get upset over JP dinos. It’s like whining about the shark from jaws not being accurate enough to the real thing. It’s a movie

Back