Prime 1 Studio: Flash (TV) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad statue but I don't know if it is good enough to warrant $900. And the EX head is IMO not good enough - it is close but when you are spending that amount of money, you want it to be nearly perfect.

Not a bad statue but I don't know if it is good enough to warrant $900. And the EX head is IMO not good enough - it is close but when you are spending that amount of money, you want it to be nearly perfect.

Imo the facesculpt is still better than anything Sideshow has produced in the last handful of years.

But the problem is that the closer you get to lifelike, it sometimes makes it easier to pick at what's wrong with it....other than its expression.

Though I doubt I would display the unmasked portrait more than 10-20% of the time, if I got this statue.

If I had the space I would seriously consider getting this, but I've got another 9 1/3 pieces locked for preorder which seriously limits my options.

But if I were to get this I would still want the Exclusive, but after doing the math I calculated it's costing me approximately $314 USD more for the Ex for the JL Superman on top of what I would have to pay for the regular locally, and I'm not sure I can do that for this piece. But then again I have spent the same amount on Hot Toy figures which I just end up boxing away because of the frequency of updates.

I think $850 for the reg is a steal for what I imagine the engineering for such a dynamic pose would entail. I definitely see Grant's features in the masked portrait. I try my best (and usually fail) to keep out of the likeness arguments, but the issue seems obvious here: not enough forehead. Hossein Diba, who did all the Wonder Woman portraits, confirmed he did the head sculpt for this, so--much like those head sculpts are variations of the same digital build--the unmasked head here is likely built from the masked one, maybe not even by Diba himself.

The mask Flash sports in the recent season has an almost alien-sized head compared to the earlier seasons upon which this statue is based. If you start with that comparatively squat head shape and just add hair to it, it's gonna look off. More importantly perhaps is how solid the hair looks, which is why I was in the vocal minority in favor of "real" hair on the 1:2 scale WW. Hair as thick as Grant's is just going to look like polystone. There's no way to avoid it and my eye is immediately drawn to how much it throws off the otherwise near photo-realism here. This statue looks amazing in the promo shots.

I somehow doubt P1's gonna tweak this, as the ES is low and the promo images aren't an obvious in-progress render, like Affleck one was on the JL Bats. I wouldn't display an unmasked portrait on a statue this big, so I might pick it up, despite wishing the expression was more fun. Depends how good Supergirl turns out (and maybe Black Lighting, if they continue the line.) Don't care much for Arrow, although he has a cool look.

Edit: good post, Phoenixblazes. I didn't see it above as I was typing mine.

That Grant Gustin sculpt is Awful. The fact that it doesn't mention his name makes me think they must Not have been able to secure his license. Thus his stunt double sculpt. Had it looked like him it would have been a fairly quick sell out at 350.

Last edited:
Ya the ex headsculpt looks more like something ssc made (actually it would be really good for ssc movie sculpt but..
) its not up to prime 1 quality level thats for sure. If this was 1/4 scale id still consider buying it but at that price for 1/3 its not worth it given the current likeness and quality.

Everything here said about the sculpt, yes totally right.

With that in mind...

Please Mr/Mrs Prime 1 "Sculptor" - please make Supergirl right, make the statue have the look of Melissa Benoist. Thank you so much.

That Grant Gustin sculpt is Awful. The fact that it doesn't mention his name makes me think they must Not have been able to secure his license. Thus his stunt double sculpt. Had it looked like him it would have been a fairly quick sell out at 350.

Ya the ex headsculpt looks more like something ssc made (actually it would be really good for ssc movie sculpt but..
) its not up to prime 1 quality level thats for sure. If this was 1/4 scale id still consider buying it but at that price for 1/3 its not worth it given the current likeness and quality.

Agreed on all accounts. I'm a huge Flash TV series fan and I'm not going for this one, sadly. It just missed the mark, IMO. A rarity with Prime 1.

Back