Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Knight - Robin Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'm just put off by the price for this guy. At about $1k shipped, he's far too simple a piece.

I mean I want him because Batman needs Robin, but I also don't know if I can justify it.

I almost forgot.
That was blatantly Nolan just saying "look here's your bloody Robin, I'll make this character's real name, Robin. You satisfied?"

Robin works in animation and video games I feel.
In live action, it's very difficult I think.
Probably why he's dead in the DCEU already.

I love what Robin adds to the character. Without him, Batman is a one dimensional angry man who teeters on the edge of blind vengeance. Robin keeps him grounded in reality and reminds Bruce why he donned the cowl. I've enjoyed every iteration of the character - from the old pixie shoes **** Grayson, to Jason Todd, to Tim Drake, to Damian. I consider him an essential part of the mythology.

Now, back to the statue though, I just feel like it's missing a certain something. I love this iteration of the costume, but it's just missing...

EDIT: LOLOLOLOL @ D I C K Grayson getting censored.

Got on the EX waitlist the other day just to see if he'd convert.

Already did. Interest in Prime 1's line must be looooooooow. Reselling these someday, should I need/want to, is going to be hard.

So...I've got a day to decide if I want him or not.

Got on the EX waitlist the other day just to see if he'd convert.

Already did. Interest in Prime 1's line must be looooooooow. Reselling these someday, should I need/want to, is going to be hard.

So...I've got a day to decide if I want him or not.

I've got several Prime 1 pieces and I agree with you, but I think it's a function of price and size. Most folks either don't have the space or don't want to venture into a pricey 1/3 scale aggressively so they're very selective on which 1/3 pieces they pick up.

Now as for quality and presence, these statues are off the charts excellent IMO. So if you're interested in these pieces and plan to keep them then you shouldn't worry... GL and congrats on the conversion!

Now as for quality and presence, these statues are off the charts excellent IMO. So if you're interested in these pieces and plan to keep them then you shouldn't worry... GL and congrats on the conversion!

The quality of these pieces is excellent. He'd be my 4th 1/3 Batman piece...if I keep him. $1k per figure (minimum) is quite a bit.

Most folks either don't have the space or don't want to venture into a pricey 1/3 scale aggressively so they're very selective on which 1/3 pieces they pick up.

This.

Prime 1's quality is off the charts. But at $1K a piece and massive 1/3 scale, most collectors won't be going after the whole line. Most likely just cherry picking their favorites. I don't know how high Robin would rank on most peoples' lists.

Completely agree with aa909
I'd say I'm probably getting more from this line than the average collector and I'm still not getting them all.
Plus I know what's round the corner....Lee Bermejo line, Jim Lee, the JL movie line, Keaton
Now I'm going to want them more than a Robin so I save today so I can indulge tomorrow!

As they've populated the market, you can see that the exclusives are all still available on most as well.
I mean Margot Robbie Harley went waitlist and then she was suddenly back available and has been ever since.

But that's good for me because I see these Youtube vids and photos and I want them all! So you know there is always a chance of getting most of these even if you wait to the last moment.

unboxing vid.. the guy kind of gets in the way a bit and has a hard time figuring out the staff.But you can really get the scale and awesome detail on this piece.Another Prime 1 winner.

https://youtu.be/G5hbM9yxp2Q

Yeah I watched that yesterday. It's the first unboxing video released I think, so beggars can't be choosers.

I think he was a fellow Aussie.

unboxing vid.. the guy kind of gets in the way a bit and has a hard time figuring out the staff.But you can really get the scale and awesome detail on this piece.Another Prime 1 winner.

https://youtu.be/G5hbM9yxp2Q

Great looking piece. TBH It actually looks pretty damn good without the cape too. Mine arrives tomorrow, going to see if I like it with or without the cape...

Man, I want to get a Prime 1 statue. They look amazing. Just waiting for the right one (and I'm not a fan of the video game versions).

Back