Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 274206

Finished my acrylic case DIY to display this bad boy (check it out on my DIY blog here). This is currently the best statue that I have. I pretty much like everything about this statue (size/weight, paint application, battle damage effects, amount of details, interchangeable extra parts, wired cape, the colors, the base, the imposing presence, and the overall quality).

This Batman statue version will be very difficult to top, simply because of the amount of details and texture that this armored Bat-Suit has. I don’t think any other representation of the Batman costume has this wide variety of mixed materials (cloth body suit, elastic, leather, carbon fiber, Kevlar, brushed metal, stainless steel, armor plates, and mechanical components). All these different materials help provide to a very interesting, imposing and visual pleasing statue design. It helps that Prime 1 is a master at bringing out all these detailed design elements. This may not be the traditional Batman version that everyone knows, but I think it’s a great modern update that retains enough iconic elements (cowl, bat symbol, utility belt, cape, gauntlets) that makes him instantly recognizable.

I’m sure Prime 1 can produce other Batman statues that will look good in other ways, but the amount of mixed material details in this Bat-Suit will never be matched (in my opinion). However, only time will tell … can’t wait to see future reveals from their Batman line.

Looks awesome! Too bad my DIY skill is non existent..._/'''/o Mine is arriving this tuesday. I can't wait! ^^!!

Changed up my display a bit, changed up the cape and moved the beast to a different table that sits higher and shows off the statue better. Also got the DCC Jim Lee Bookends to occupy some of the empty space. Nice little pieces, they are updated sculpts from the original & mini statues (way better facial sculpts), nice shiny paint apps, heavy bases and the figures themselves attach to the base with strong magnets & can be turned in any direction. My LCS has them for $399...no way...Amazon has them for $169. They compliment the P1 nicely without trying to compete. :cuckoo: :lol
7.jpg
6.jpg

Changed up my display a bit, changed up the cape and moved the beast to a different table that sits higher and shows off the statue better. Also got the DCC Jim Lee Bookends to occupy some of the empty space. Nice little pieces, they are updated sculpts from the original & mini statues (way better facial sculpts), nice shiny paint apps, heavy bases and the figures themselves attach to the base with strong magnets & can be turned in any direction. My LCS has them for $399...no way...Amazon has them for $169. They compliment the P1 nicely without trying to compete. :cuckoo: :lol
View attachment 274382
View attachment 274384

Looks awesome. I actually think the statue looks better with the closed fist or bat claw vs the batarang.

Mine arrived! #554 of #1000! I displayed the grappling hook instead of the exclusive batarang since I like this look better. Not much flaws except a minor loose stitching on the cape. Thank God! ^^!! Although, the shoulder pad armour thingy seems like it's some form of decals? I only wish their packing is like XM Studios. They are still the best for that. At first glance, I haven't detect any paint flaws. My only other Batman statue that I have owned was Sideshow's and comparing that, I definitely like this way more than Sideshow's. This one is one of my favourite statues at the moment. (I really really heart my XM Studios' Black Widow!) This is huge! Such presence! Hmm I might actually pick up the bust somewhere down the line.. Can't wait for Deathstroke and Harley Quinn! I'm running out of space!!!! (1 bedroom condo is so gg!) AHHHHHH!!! _/'''/o

Nice photo's GL.Yeah' Prime 1 continues to do quality work.Love it.

Strange,my Flex for Harley now say's shipping soon.With the option to pay her off now?Could be a glitch.Guess I'll wait until I get an email from SS.I really didn't think HQ would arrive before the Batman bust's.

Last edited:

Mine arrived! #554 of #1000! I displayed the grappling hook instead of the exclusive batarang since I like this look better. Not much flaws except a minor loose stitching on the cape. Thank God! ^^!! Although, the shoulder pad armour thingy seems like it's some form of decals? I only wish their packing is like XM Studios. They are still the best for that. At first glance, I haven't detect any paint flaws. My only other Batman statue that I have owned was Sideshow's and comparing that, I definitely like this way more than Sideshow's. This one is one of my favourite statues at the moment. (I really really heart my XM Studios' Black Widow!) This is huge! Such presence! Hmm I might actually pick up the bust somewhere down the line.. Can't wait for Deathstroke and Harley Quinn! I'm running out of space!!!! (1 bedroom condo is so gg!) AHHHHHH!!! _/'''/o

Congrats, looks great!! and I agree, with the statuesque pose he looks better with the grappling hook.

i think the question is how many purchase additional Besta to fit him :wink1:

Yeah, I just realized it probably isn't safe to put him on a shelf since it only holds 44 lbs and this guy is 54 lbs. :slap I think I have to wait for their 1/4 line :lol

Yeah, I just realized it probably isn't safe to put him on a shelf since it only holds 44 lbs and this guy is 54 lbs. :slap I think I have to wait for their 1/4 line :lol

He's not 54 pounds. He's around 30 pounds. Dimensional weight is not actual weight.

Back