Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. Unless you can purchase an additional 3 Harley portraits as well haha.

She's coming with an additional three portraits anyway if they did that that's just a **** move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least they realized the mistake they made. So now all statues are going to come with multiple portraits instead of just one

Very true. Good point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

$230 for even ONE 1:3 head is not unreasonable, never mind three.

You guys should see the cost of some custom 1/4 scale portraits..

Ha 1/4 prices I have paid 600$ for a 1/6 sculpt .

Your talking about a unique custom head. These are mass produced. I don't even think the price is all that bad. It just sucks that you have to pay for 3 heads when really most of us just want the one that on other Prime 1 statues, is included. If the other heads were more unique, it would make purchasing this understandable. To me, it feels like the way Prime 1 had been doing amazing stuff for their customers on other statues, they just decided not to do with Batman because they felt people would shell out the extra money anyway. I mean, look at how much stuff DS comes with...and he's only $30 more. So, to a lot of us, we are paying over $200 for something that is only $30 more on DS...that's a big jump.

You can't really compare custom to mass produced. Custom is almost always going to cost a lot more. The price isn't really my problem with this. The problem i have with it is that the other statues that they are releasing all come with multiple heads for the same price. If all the other statues were only coming with one head and they were charging everyone extra for the extra heads then i would be fine with it. I just feel like they are asking us to pay extra for something that other people are getting included in the original price.
What i wish they would have done is include the extra heads with the statue and sell the bust to display the extra heads.

Yes so 3 heads and a bust stand for $230 is ok for the price no complaints here, but they should of included the Bruce head or at least one head as the EX.

You don't have to pay for anything.

I ordered just for the display and the unmasked portrait. I like the idea of doing this bust series. It adds extra life to the statue, but only at the consumers choice.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Perhaps I don;t see this as a big deal because I don't see a "Wayne head" as a must own... I view the price more as you get a really nice way to display the extra head of your choice if you choose to get this. I wish SSC would think about making some display stands for their extra EX heads they make.

You get the bust and not one but three extra heads for a pretty good price.. Hell I considered just getting the bust since I did not order the statue itself. It's pretty nice IMO.

I did not see too many clamoring for a Bruce portrait sculpt to begin with. So it seems like this is not a "Must own" to begin with so nobody is forcing anybody to buy.

Chronos, I'm sure you'll get in on one. I'm going to have to cancel my EX order for this one due to some unforeseen expenses. I hope when I do it comes your way.

there's so much great stuff coming out....I can't imagine the chaos of orders and people switching and dropping pieces.

this seems like one of the most active and like confusing times to be a collector...it's like "which way do I go....what should I get..."

really crazy.

it's a great problem to have though
:)

I'm in if my waitlist converts on the EX. I don't see this selling out quickly.

I think it might sell out pretty fast. A lot of people can't afford the whole statue and this is a great alternative. Hell, I cancelled my exclusive and I'm still pretty tempted to buy this.

Oh well... That's a nice display. I like the bust with the little acrylic stand it's on... Hmm. Was adamantly against this. Now I think I may be sold on it. Especially because I'm passing on Harley, Robin, Nightwin, Batgirl. I'll have some thinking to do.

Back