Prime 1 Studio: Aliens Wall Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still don't understand why they'd release this. The market for wall art (especially $700 wall art) is extremely small in this hobby. Even the trophy-style busts are a better idea than whatever this is.

Still don't understand why they'd release this. The market for wall art (especially $700 wall art) is extremely small in this hobby. Even the trophy-style busts are a better idea than whatever this is.
It's more of an outside the box piece than a regular statue, leaves open for interpretation what it is to each observer. I think it might sell better than those wall burster pieces. I don't think I would buy it, but I can understand why some would really like it.

From the whole Alien line by P1, this one is the weakest. Composition, details and even the paint job are not Prime1 standard. Compared to the glorious Chap and the killer Warrior statue, this is a shadow product.

I have been tempted to get the queen piece, but for the price this looks small in hand and the paints too flat.

Production photos from FB user, N.G. It gives you an idea on how their production paint app may look like for future releases.

FB_IMG_1591977862613.jpg
FB_IMG_1591977866484.jpg
FB_IMG_1591977870351.jpg
FB_IMG_1591977874156.jpg

Hmmm....This does not look good close up IMO, but the last picture at more of a distance makes it look a bit better.

I can't shake the feeling that those two Warriors have their arms linked inside the hive and are doing a little dance.

P4qrsCW.gif

Back