Statue Prime 1 studio 32" Megatron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You not been to the Marvel section of late? :lol

Look im not saying it always looks the same but for ex. last year they put out apocalypse, megatron, and hell even had glalactus out for two years at SDCC, other than apoc I own the rest and they look dam near about the same, not saying that's always the case but like I said its usually somewhat about the same, your not getting something that's wayyy off from that. Again this is partly my opinion but for sure those 3 did get released pretty much as you saw em at the con.

Look im not saying it always looks the same but for ex. last year they put out apocalypse, megatron, and hell even had glalactus out for two years at SDCC, other than apoc I own the rest and they look dam near about the same, not saying that's always the case but like I said its usually somewhat about the same, your not getting something that's wayyy off from that. Again this is partly my opinion but for sure those 3 did get released pretty much as you saw em at the con.

Well Megatron is nothing to do with SSC. Apoc seems to be having problems and i sent Galactus back for a refund. Flickering chest light. One eye brighter than the other and 3 bases all with flaking paint. I've got loads and loads of SSC stuff but they've taken a massive dip over the years. New Spiderman statue looks nothing like it did at SDCC either. I got it yesterday.

Well Megatron is nothing to do with SSC. Apoc seems to be having problems and i sent Galactus back for a refund. Flickering chest light. One eye brighter than the other and 3 bases all with flaking paint. I've got loads and loads of SSC stuff but they've taken a massive dip over the years. New Spiderman statue looks nothing like it did at SDCC either. I got it yesterday.

Really Jay? I think it looks similar if not better than the proto :dunno :monkey1

:lol :chase

Well there is no doubt there is QC issues and that's something I completely agree with you there, but as for the final look of the piece, which we were talking about from the start, both apoc and galactus pretty much came out as you saw them last year at the con. As for the spiderman statue I have yet to see it so I cant comment on it yet.

Really Jay? I think it looks similar if not better than the proto :dunno :monkey1

:lol :chase

:lol It looks good but as you well know it's nothing like the paint it had at SDCC. I'm no SSC hater but they are getting lazy. I know it, you know it and so does most of this board and facebook. Just read what people are saying.

Well there is no doubt there is QC issues and that's something I completely agree with you there, but as for the final look of the piece, which we were talking about from the start, both apoc and galactus pretty much came out as you saw them last year at the con. As for the spiderman statue I have yet to see it so I cant comment on it yet.

It's not just QC issues. I can deal with that. It's changing paint. Lacking the detail, change bases, adding more to the editions even after PO. Like i say i'm no SSC hater and only ever used to buy their stuff, but the statues are getting worse and costing us far more. But anyway back to Megatron. My comment about Vader was a little joke between me and Andy. :)

:lol It looks good but as you well know it's nothing like the paint it had at SDCC. I'm no SSC hater but they are getting lazy. I know it, you know it and so does most of this board and facebook. Just read what people are saying.

I know it for sure! :exactly: god knows why I keep buying they're bloody statues :dunno :lol :lol the moment I get angry at Sideshow for cutting corners they go and release another killer piece :gah: Darth Vader LSF :thud: :thud:

5usu7ybu.jpg

:lol Andy can you post the pics of Spiderman showing what it looked like and what it looks like now? I gotta go home.

It's not just QC issues. I can deal with that. It's changing paint. Lacking the detail, change bases, adding more to the editions even after PO. Like i say i'm no SSC hater and only ever used to buy their stuff, but the statues are getting worse and costing us far more. But anyway back to Megatron. My comment about Vader was a little joke between me and Andy. :)

Well from what it sounds like its more of a personal preference thing for you, which is fine I mean everyone is entitled to it but I think for the most part the pose, base, height and overall look of the ones were discussing is pretty much on par with what we saw last year, I just checked the spiderman fourm, the pic wasn't amazingly detailed but comparted to the one at the con its pretty much on par. Now yes the paint could be off a bit I guess but for the most part the base, pose and about everything else ive seen looks to be about right. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

I know it for sure! :exactly: god knows why I keep buying they're bloody statues :dunno :lol :lol the moment I get angry at Sideshow for cutting corners they go and release another killer piece :gah: Darth Vader LSF :thud: :thud:

5usu7ybu.jpg

We do it Robert because we don't have much choice, its not there is a ton of competitors out there that make this kinda of high end quality stuff and SS knows it. Not saying there stuff is bad but they do drop the ball, lately more so than usual and it does get frustrating. :gah:

Last edited:
We do it Robert because we don't have much choice, its not there is a ton of competitors out there that make this kinda of high end quality stuff and SS knows it. Not say there stuff is bad but they do drop the ball, lately more so than usual and it does get frustrating. :gah:

:goodpost: Yea, I hear you bro...hopefully companies like XM Studios PopCulture Shock and even Blitzway are hot on the heals of Sideshows title of statue manufacturers...like you say, with more competition I'm sure everyone's level for detail and customer satisfaction will also increase :)

:goodpost: Yea, I hear you bro...hopefully companies like XM Studios PopCulture Shock and even Blitzway are hot on the heals of Sideshows title of statue manufacturers...like you say, with more competition I'm sure everyone's level for detail and customer satisfaction will also increase :)

:exactly: And I really hope the "new guys on the block" do make an impact and force SS to be better on there QC and ensure everyone is getting what they paid for. Competition always fuels better products and service. Whats sad is honestly people forget that collecting this kind of stuff is always something that isn't bought by the masses, I mean if you count percentage wise how many collectors that collect what we collect in terms of how many people there are in the world its probably no more than 5%, and that might be too high. I think the sad truth is that because of such a low number of how many collect this on a global scale that there will never be a huge mass of companies that do this and that provide the level of detail in figures that us collectors are looking for. And the ones that do will always be charging "premium" prices for this kind of stuff. Just my .02 guys.

Well from what it sounds like its more of a personal preference thing for you,
Errm no maybe read the statue part of the forum a bit more. It's not just me at all. :lol

I'm done with this now. It was a joke for Andy and that's it.

Errm no maybe read the statue part of the forum a bit more. It's not just me at all. :lol

I'm done with this now. It was a joke for Andy and that's it.

I have no doubt there is, people giving there personal thoughts/opinions/preference's on the figure. But like I said, different strokes for different folks man.

Back