Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I read your initial comment I was has this guy not seen the movie before??!

Splinter was the one that was fighting Shredder at the point he dropped his mask. The turtles were off to the side, all without their weapons... If the brothers were in this location, in fighting stance, then they would have been in the way for Splinter to deal the final blow. I get it's a happy nod to the overall scene, but still not 100% accurate if you are looking at the pieces themselves on the display.

Guys, I'm impressed with the set.

I'm happy for you, fans. I think NECAs set looks great (so far) as does the Prime 1 set. It's all a matter of opinion, so congrats to all owners.

Keep the pics coming.

Horrible pic is horrible...but showing the size comparison to the Bay set... The base is made of 6 total Bestas 3x2... And I had to move Raph off to make this work. Roughly a 4:3 ratio.
2076c70d407c8303de8bff3bd217a706.jpg

77b694ede362a6f97e3b4af885d07cfc.jpg

now go back to your cave

Really dude? That's your response? A promo picture? But why are the bases horribly copied from the finale "rooftop" ? Even though no for five-story building has concrete for the roof it's usually wood and rubber

Because concrete roof tops have no place in a world where turtles get mutated by ooze and know martial arts :lol

Really dude? That's your response? A promo picture? But why are the bases horribly copied from the finale "rooftop" ? Even though no for five-story building has concrete for the roof it's usually wood and rubber

lmao, so when your childish stupid remark was debunked, now u don't like the rooftop bases! dude get a life, dont u have something better to do than trolling something you have zero interest in & never own. It was annoying few months ago, now it's just sad.

Guys l am thinking of biting the bullet & buying one of these, because despite what a lot of owners say I think these look good, at least as far as the detail & shading go. My question is can you really return an item back to Sideshow just because you don't like it (not that this is my intention) or does there have to be something wrong with the piece after it's been opened?

Last edited:
You have 30 days to return something for either a full refund or a replacement (if damaged). If it's because you don't want it or have changed your mind, you can return it but it has to be a) all packed up just as you received it and b) you pay the shipping costs. You also forfeit the deposit you paid (if any) on the statue you're returning. I did this for my set of P1 turtles this past weekend... An expensive mistake that I'll never make again (>_<) !

You have 30 days to return something for either a full refund or a replacement (if damaged). If it's because you don't want it or have changed your mind, you can return it but it has to be a) all packed up just as you received it and b) you pay the shipping costs.

I see.

You also forfeit the deposit you paid (if any) on the statue you're returning.

What about if you use reward points toward your purchase, I take it you lose them to?

I did this for my set of P1 turtles this past weekend... An expensive mistake that I'll never make again (>_<) !

Yeah I remember now that you made a huge loss, thanks for the information man, l really appreciate it. This has definitely given me something to think about.

Last edited:
Ended up pressing the buy button last night.

On the debate of NECA vs P1...well I am just more of a statue person.
Starring at images before and comparing them to movie shots (as some mentioned), I think P1 is a little on the darker side / less contrast between the colors, when compared to the movie...while NECA seems a bit brighter / more contrasting / bolder colors, compared to movie shots.

In terms on bright contrasty VS dark and duller...I see it as neca, movie, p1

Main reason I ended up doing it...I starred at the page for a bit.
Remembering being a little kid watching Saturday morning cartoon. Then seeing the live action movies.
Seeing the suits...seeing how they were made...seeing behind the scenes, etc.

Which reminded me on how stuff like that shaped how I am today.
I always like breaking things and figuring out how it works. Love watching How-Tos and Behind-the-Scenes.
Bring fake things to life. Animatronics.

All which helped lead to (as with many other things) my life how it currently with video game making and figuring out "how" to make things work in game / behind the scenes, etc.

Once the figuring-out-lifestlye came back into memory...I said yes...they will be nice reminders / inspiration on my shelves. :D
And as far as statues go...I know P1 is pretty much close to the top...and I am unsure when another 1/4 scale set of Jim Henson version will come out next.

Ended up pressing the buy button last night.

On the debate of NECA vs P1...well I am just more of a statue person.

Yeah they just have more presence, which is why I never ever considered buying NECA figures, even if they are the more accurate out of the two.

Starring at images before and comparing them to movie shots (as some mentioned), I think P1 is a little on the darker side / less contrast between the colors, when compared to the movie...while NECA seems a bit brighter / more contrasting / bolder colors, compared to movie shots.

In terms on bright contrasty VS dark and duller...I see it as neca, movie, p1

So what your saying there is that Primes are inaccurate because they are too dark and NECAs are also inaccurate because they are too bright right? The dullness might explain why some owners are not happy with these.

Main reason I ended up doing it...I starred at the page for a bit.
Remembering being a little kid watching Saturday morning cartoon. Then seeing the live action movies.
Seeing the suits...seeing how they were made...seeing behind the scenes, etc.

Yeah nostalgia is the main reason I wanted these.

Which reminded me on how stuff like that shaped how I am today.
I always like breaking things and figuring out how it works. Love watching How-Tos and Behind-the-Scenes.
Bring fake things to life. Animatronics.

All which helped lead to (as with many other things) my life how it currently with video game making and figuring out "how" to make things work in game / behind the scenes, etc.

Once the figuring-out-lifestlye came back into memory...I said yes...they will be nice reminders / inspiration on my shelves. :D

Wow I can see why you really want them then.

And as far as statues go...I know P1 is pretty much close to the top...and I am unsure when another 1/4 scale set of Jim Henson version will come out next.

If ever, my only concern about these as I mentioned before is if the high price tag reflects the quality.

Childhood nostalgia overload! [emoji217] Now we need Shredder, Splinter & Casey Jones!

k3LaOmF.jpg

Great pic Hemoo, they look great there, very detailed but like PermaG mentioned darker than NECAs.

Yeah it would be awesome if they made them. :rock

thanks bro, yes the paint is darker but more detailed & layered. I have two of the NECAs so far & although they have better likeness on Raph & Leo I would still go with Prime 1 over them. I prefer statues, plus they have better presence & overall quality IMHO.

thanks bro, yes the paint is darker but more detailed & layered.

Yes and I think the darker paint is PART of the reason why some owners might like them and some don't. People might be too use to NECA's bright look where the detail is easier to see. However, when I compare pictures of NECAs and Primes, given the right lighting Prime's is obviously more detailed with better shading.

I have two of the NECAs so far & although they have better likeness on Raph & Leo I would still go with Prime 1 over them.

For me the likeness of Ralph and Leo is a non issue, granted Leo doesn't look all that well, but I think Raph still looks quite close IMO. However, that's one of the complaints I hear from non owners, that the sculpts suck and NECAs are better, while NECAs might be better, I still think Primes still have a good enough likeness IMO.

I prefer statues, plus they have better presence & overall quality IMHO.

I believe you, I have always thought these looked great (sculpt paint aside), but then again I have not seen these in hand so I can't be 100% sure if I will like them. Nevertheless, I bet if these were half the price less people would bash them. I think in the end it comes down to personal preference, if u want better accurate sculpts and granted better painted Bandanas that become cloth after the neck tie, then go with NECA. If you are looking for something not as accurate but better detailed and more life-like (given the right lighting) with better presence than go with Prime.

yeah man I see your dilemma. As I said before they are two different things, but if you want to choose one then better see them both in person and decide. they both have their pros and cons.

yeah man I see your dilemma. As I said before they are two different things, but if you want to choose one then better see them both in person and decide. they both have their pros and cons.

I am sure they do, but for me it's either Prime or nothing, nothing against NECA, just not interested in owning 18 inch action figures regardless of how accurate they are. Like you I will be buying these Prime Turtles separately if i decide to buy them, although your reasons were different to mine. The only way I will be able see them in person is by taking a leap and buying one, since my LCS will not be getting these in. :(

Last edited:
So after living with my Michaelangelo statue for the past few days, I'm very happy with him. I was on the fence when I got him, but have come to realize that, after getting three NECA figures and then getting the statue, there was a little bit of magic lost because NECA stole the excitement-thunder a bit. But, having had him for a few days and letting the other stuff subside, I really dig him. And depending on whether you get more light/daylight on the statue or not, his shade can change a bit, which I actually think is quite cool.

At the end of the day, I really like the NECA's. But, from top to bottom, I think there's more to appreciate from the Prime 1 statue--at least the Michaelangelo. I especially like the the pose, as well as the bigger eyes--feels a bit more lifelike, especially when light hits them.

Back