Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw did Prime 1 state if there were any plans for a Splinter or Shredder for this line, or just the turtles and done?
Back a few months a Prime 1 rep did announce in the Facebook group that they were halting all TMNT products after the current Pre-orders are complete. The only one that was teased and dropped was OoTS Krang.
0a74ba658ebdfb82bfbf9ffa29742505.jpg

btw did Prime 1 state if there were any plans for a Splinter or Shredder for this line, or just the turtles and done?
Went back to the thread, Prime 1 did say " maybe something next year" as a follow-up answer to the question. So 2018 maybe?

All I know is that Prime 1 will be working on Bay Shredder for maybe next year. As much as I want this line to continue I dont think they will renew the license with all there newly announced ones (& no protos yet), not to mention the DC/Marvel craze.

I gather by that you mean lack of detail in that area?

Well so far all of their recent statues have had QC issues, Superman's suit, and Batfleck's has numerous problems.

Correct.

Already submitted my return request and these are going back. Its a damn shame because I'm sure no other company (not even Hot Toys/3A) will produce these in 1/4 scale, so this will probably be it, but I'm not going to let that influence my decision. These just need to go back.

Back a few months a Prime 1 rep did announce in the Facebook group that they were halting all TMNT products after the current Pre-orders are complete. The only one that was teased and dropped was OoTS Krang.
0a74ba658ebdfb82bfbf9ffa29742505.jpg

Ya I do recall seeing that.

Went back to the thread, Prime 1 did say " maybe something next year" as a follow-up answer to the question. So 2018 maybe?

Hmm. I guess I'm not going to hold my breath for any other characters from this line. Would be nice to see some of the others from the movies.

don't think this is true, the majority of the actual owners are happy with them (I personally know 5), granted some have QC issues but no one is returning them except for one case here.

I didn't say the majority were not happy with them, I said a great deal of owners are not happy with them, even the ones that keep them. I guess I should have been more clear with my statement when I said returning them, I meant some people were so unhappy with them that they were on the fence about returning them. However, DVD empire just put in his return request so it looks like another case now wants to return them and it's possible more will follow. This response along with people on the fence about keeping them is just something I wouldn't expect if they were indeed jaw dropping pieces.

Having both sets (still missing NECA's Leo & Mikey) I can tell you that both are totally different animals. NECA has better likeness on at least Leo & Raph while Prime 1 have better details, shadings & overall presence.

That's what I figured but going by the trend, most people seem to agree the difference in that area (with the exception of presence) between NECA and Prime is narrow. What I am saying is these are very expensive and it seems like most owners don't think the high price of these reflects the quality. If you think it does that's fine this is not a debate, but what I have read has influenced my decision not to buy them.
Still think it's not fair to compare the two.

If you say so.

I think the bandanas could have been better on Prime 1 ones, or even better using actual fabric. Overall, not perfect but still looks great & have hell of a presence,, definitely not bad enough to return IMHO.

They don't look bad enough for me to return either, I really love how they look in Raps video, but obviously a great deal of people are not happy with them. However, I don't think that's because they think they suck, I think its because they expect much better given the high price tag. So please don't misunderstand me, I am not saying these suck, I would still love to have these but I just don't think I can spend thousands of dollars on them, given the high number (not the majority) of people that are disappointed with them.

That's a shame considering their size, the eyes would be very noticeable.

Already submitted my return request and these are going back. Its a damn shame because I'm sure no other company (not even Hot Toys/3A) will produce these in 1/4 scale, so this will probably be it, but I'm not going to let that influence my decision. These just need to go back.

What were your main reasons for returning them?

I have been on the run all weekend long, but I finally got Leo all assembled (and the sword to finally go in after tinkering with it a bit), and I must say it is a very awesome looking piece. Today I plan on opening up the other 3, and cross my fingers that there are no damage to them. As for the paint app mine looks very good, and the eyes look pretty darn good as well. I have not placed a light on them like some photos have shown, as I never plan to have these displayed with some sort of special light feature. Mine will be displayed in Besta's behind glass doors with over head lighting once ikea has stock back in.

I do not plan to go completely out of my way as I am not trying to sniff out a reason to send these back. Leo looks very much like the proto, and he has very good weight to him. I hope the other 3 are also as great as Leo turned out.

As for the price point each turtle was $574.99 ... and with some reward points I got two down to $462.99. Do not get me wrong, that's still a big chunk of change to have the set ... but since these were announced we have seen prices continue to sore upwards. Other companies like XM and Iron Studios (also new releases with SS and P1), do not look to have a ceiling as they are still pumping out upcoming products with prices still leaning upwards. $600+ which seems to be the new normal price (even $10.00 more for EX).

I believe people will be submitting a lot less pre-orders in the near future (with some possibly quitting), as we have seen the same QC for the past few years now across the board with companies. With statues varying in all different areas and the cost ... expectations have now seen a new bar set in what is produced/received which may impact peoples decisions before placing an order. After market prices have also have dropped dramatically making it easier to wait for in hand pics before making a final decision.

I have other statues that I have received from Prime 1 with out of this world QC .... and like someone said earlier ... I hope that the quality does not get impacted due to all the new licenses and projects they are taking on.

You guys can take this anyway you want. I'm not trying to **** on these anymore.
but what I'm saying is if Leonardo is the leader ,why is he in the back ? shouldn't he be in the front leading them against Shredder? Just sayin.....

You guys can take this anyway you want. I'm not trying to **** on these anymore.
but what I'm saying is if Leonardo is the leader ,why is he in the back ? shouldn't he be in the front leading them against Shredder? Just sayin.....

He's embarrassed to be part of the line, obviously.

77b694ede362a6f97e3b4af885d07cfc.jpg

now go back to your cave

77b694ede362a6f97e3b4af885d07cfc.jpg

now go back to your cave
Ask yourself this. If you consider the exclusive set accessory of Shedder's mask, and Mikey's chuck that is laid across the fire escape... Shredder has been defeated. So why are they still in a fighting pose?

Ask yourself this. If you consider the exclusive set accessory of Shedder's mask, and Mikey's chuck that is laid across the fire escape... Shredder has been defeated. So why are they still in a fighting pose?

Actually Shredder was not defeated, he removed his mask when Splinter made his appearance. The chuck was thrown over the ladder when Leo was pinned down as he made them discard their weapons. Had it not been for the turtles tossing them, Splinter would have never been able to pick it up and defeat the mask less shredder by dropping him into a garbage truck.

As Casey said "Ooops :p"

probably the same reason why rockstead & bebop has shredder mask as an ex! it's nice nod to the movie. Does a slice of pizza with NECA's Leo face expression makes sense to you?

Actually Shredder was not defeated, he removed his mask when Splinter made his appearance. The chuck was thrown over the ladder when Leo was pinned down as he made them discard their weapons. Had it not been for the turtles tossing them, Splinter would have never been able to pick it up and defeat the mask less shredder by dropping him into a garbage truck.

As Casey said "Ooops :p"
Totally right! I'm going to turn in my TMNT card until I can redeem myself.

Lol all good, I thought you were happy with your set. The side by side pics you had were stupendous!
Totally love it. Building cases now actually. But I'm also willing to criticize issues... In this case, I had my timing crossed, and what I thought was an oversight was just me being wrong.

lol I read your initial comment I was has this guy not seen the movie before??!

It's been a while to say the least. For some reason had it in my mind that the nunchucks were left on the fire escape after Shredder was flung over.

Back