Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ones for Raph are all I have on my phone right now.

That's ok I just wanted to see if the shape of the eyes were painted correctly, wasn't too concerned with detail at this stage and your pic shows they look fine here as far as shape goes.

The flashlight pic shows a few things. The translucent resin used here is not clear, but tinted green; meaning the turtle isn't actually painted with a base of green and then detailed

I assumed that was the case, but thanks for confirming that.

... And shadows/highlights are the only actual paint that's been applied to the skin besides the eyes and bandana. Some of that detail we are seeing is just the lighting passing through the statue giving the illusion of added paint. Found it interesting.
86c7b23afb322082f3bda3c3f9dc7aa3.jpg
bda4ca2dd02b9b84fd8eac5f09d26e68.jpg
7f295327681ea5179585b267bec10dc6.jpg

Yeah it sure is, would you say these are more realistic than NECAs then?

View attachment 352924 View attachment 352925 View attachment 352926 View attachment 352927

IMO Miley looks the best. The deal with the nunchucks is one is for the back of the stairs and the other is for his pose. Longer one goes on stairs.

Oh Ok, no big deal then.

The eye paint is spot on. If you see any loose threads it's from the packing material they are using now to keep them more secure when shipping.

Then why do you think some of the owners complain about that area then?

That's ok I just wanted to see if the shape of the eyes were painted correctly, wasn't too concerned with detail at this stage and your pic shows they look fine here as far as shape goes.

I assumed that was the case, but thanks for confirming that.

Yeah it sure is, would you say these are more realistic than NECAs then?

Oh Ok, no big deal then.

Then why do you think people complain about that area then?
Sharing the side-by-side... so you can be the judge for yourself. I for one am happy with both the work done by NECA and by Prime 1.
c0103071b565b169b325fb3aabbd1588.jpg
68560c5336d4268d0e0e8809ddde6c4b.jpg
a0e3796d75e04e739d1ccd3679e0bb3d.jpg
732c92fb86a35c5b5d2e741dbf0c3817.jpg

That's a great question you'd have to ask the individual why they think it's off.

I always assumed it was the shape of them were painted poorly,obviously this is not the case.

Sharing the side-by-side... so you can be the judge for yourself. I for one am happy with both the work done by NECA and by Prime 1.
c0103071b565b169b325fb3aabbd1588.jpg
68560c5336d4268d0e0e8809ddde6c4b.jpg
a0e3796d75e04e739d1ccd3679e0bb3d.jpg
732c92fb86a35c5b5d2e741dbf0c3817.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pics, NECA's plastic Rubbery look makes them appear too toyish to me, but they are still incredibly detailed, so I am not bashing them. I guess people expected Prime statues to look a lot better than NECA's just not a bit or the same, hence their disappointment. :dunno

So I take it the lighting needs to be quite bright show the details on these? Otherwise the shading won't be as noticeable in dim lighting, and thus, the statues will just look like one color right?

Not really happy with my Mikey.

Paint on the bandana is just lazy (saw something similar with G1 Megs)

20170715_001014_zpstebw8hrp.jpg

His front foot doesn't touch the base (back leg is fine). Similar issue with Donnie.
20170715_001652_zpskv3woplw.jpg

Overall....I'm undecided. The paint job doesn't even attempt to match what we saw on screen in terms or color, shading and spots (most noticeable on Raph).

I'd love to get fabric bandanas, acrylic eyes and complete repaints on the set, but I'm sure I'm looking at big bucks to make that happen.

20170715_005134_zpsnx9p1lkj.jpg

still missing Leo, hopefully today! keeping myself busy till then.
8dbc4d3e0543e20bfc487f16fb0ce331.jpg

59d059ddb81da4bfacbe92627e4545c7.jpg

f8635e31289745084fdbd306b2ef71c8.jpg

fec527fa4c8b2283145a67c7f55a666b.jpg

Not really happy with my Mikey.

Paint on the bandana is just lazy (saw something similar with G1 Megs)

20170715_001014_zpstebw8hrp.jpg

What exactly is your problem with the paint on your bandana, lack of detail and sloppy?

His front foot doesn't touch the base (back leg is fine). Similar issue with Donnie.
20170715_001652_zpskv3woplw.jpg

Unless all of them are like that, I would consider that flaw an automatic replacement.

Overall....I'm undecided. The paint job doesn't even attempt to match what we saw on screen in terms or color, shading and spots (most noticeable on Raph).

So do you think NECA is better?

I'd love to get fabric bandanas, acrylic eyes and complete repaints on the set, but I'm sure I'm looking at big bucks to make that happen.

20170715_005134_zpsnx9p1lkj.jpg

Not only that, but it would totally defeat the purpose on buying the set, especially considering how much these cost.

still missing Leo, hopefully today! keeping myself busy till then.
8dbc4d3e0543e20bfc487f16fb0ce331.jpg

59d059ddb81da4bfacbe92627e4545c7.jpg

f8635e31289745084fdbd306b2ef71c8.jpg

fec527fa4c8b2283145a67c7f55a666b.jpg

Good pics but the paint quality looks about as good as NECA in those pics, like I said before I think the lighting needs to be bright for the detail and shading to come out.

Last edited:
What exactly is your problem with the paint on your bandana, lack of detail and sloppy?

The overspray/crappy casting . The bandanas on the other three are not like that. The other tassle areas are smooth. There's also an area where you still see green coming through, but it's hard to photograph.

Unless all of them are like that, I would consider that flaw an automatic replacement.

...and that's going to be a ***** because it's a matching set. If I send Mikey back, then I'm sure the other three have to go back. I'm pretty sure the base is the issue, because he fits perfectly in Donnie's peg and both feet touch the surface of that base and his own.

So do you think NECA is better?

Hell no. They both got it wrong(the paint)

Screenshot_20170715-074515_zpsxuycsiub.png
Screenshot_20170715-075015_zpssutpu6ov.png

Not only that, but it would totally defeat the purpose on buying the set, especially considering how much these cost.
True, but it would definitely get themy to look more film accurate and take the eyes to a whole different level.

The overspray/crappy casting . The bandanas on the other three are not like that. The other tassle areas are smooth. There's also an area where you still see green coming through, but it's hard to photograph.

I see what you mean.

...and that's going to be a ***** because it's a matching set. If I send Mikey back, then I'm sure the other three have to go back.

That really sucks, so then you will have to get a whole new EX set that could have other problems! :horror

I'm pretty sure the base is the issue, because he fits perfectly in Donnie's peg and both feet touch the surface of that base and his own.

So you need a replacement base then, but didn't u say Donnie left foot doesn't sit flush on the base either? Sideshow told me Prime 1 rarely sends them replacement parts, so might have to contact Prime 1 directly.

Hell no. They both got it wrong(the paint)

Screenshot_20170715-074515_zpsxuycsiub.png
Screenshot_20170715-075015_zpssutpu6ov.png

So would you say both are equal then in terms of accuracy? In that both are inaccurate and not one is more accurate than the other?

True, but it would definitely get themy to look more film accurate and take the eyes to a whole different level.

Yeah but for the price these cost you shouldn't need to have to customize so much, especially a repaint.

I've been telling myself since day 1 that I would order these, but I just can't do it. The sculpts and paint just don't do it for me. It's a shame, too, because TMNT have always been my favorite. My house is practically a temple to them!

I see what you mean.
Yeah...this seems to be an issue with the factory, which I assume is Toynami. I've seen the same issue on the Transformer G1 Megatron, some of my Arkham pieces, my ECC Guyver pieces and now this piece. Some people are fine with and give these companies a pass.

That really sucks, so then you will have to get a whole new EX set that could have other problems! :horror
Most likely. I'll think about it over the weekend.

So you need a replacement base then, but didn't u say Donnie left foot doesn't sit flush on the base either? Sideshow told me Prime 1 rarely sends them replacement parts, so might have to contact Prime 1 directly.

Yeah..... I was screwing around and placed Mikey's peg in Donnie's base, which puts him in a sort diagonal position across both bases. In that scenario, Mikey's feet touches both bases, but then I have no where to place Donnie.

So would you say both are equal then in terms of accuracy? In that both are inaccurate and not one is more accurate than the other?

100% correct. If you're a figure person, then go with NECA. If you like statues, go with Prime 1. If you want something film accurate, then go with Prime 1 and be willing to spend additional $$$$ to get them repainted and fully customized with acrylic eyes, and fabric bandanas.

I've been telling myself since day 1 that I would order these, but I just can't do it. The sculpts and paint just don't do it for me. It's a shame, too, because TMNT have always been my favorite. My house is practically a temple to them!

I am more annoyed about the poor quality control, since the sculpts and paint jobs look the same as the proto, so if u didn't like the proto then you were obviously not going to like this. However, I read so many problems from people who have bought this set, from missing swords to Nunchucks not fitting, I am amazed how these issues got passed QC, especially considering the low ES for EX set is. I feel like Prime just doesn't care and reminds me of EB or Sideshow and just pushes these products out without checking them thoroughly.

Yeah...this seems to be an issue with the factory, which I assume is Toynami. I've seen the same issue on the Transformer G1 Megatron, some of my Arkham pieces, my ECC Guyver pieces and now this piece. Some people are fine with and give these companies a pass.

There an lies the problem, if people accept flaws, then the company won't do anything about it.

Most likely. I'll think about it over the weekend.

What's there to think about? U would actually keep it if it has a defect? Or you thinking about returning them and getting a refund?

Yeah..... I was screwing around and placed Mikey's peg in Donnie's base, which puts him in a sort diagonal position across both bases. In that scenario, Mikey's feet touches both bases, but then I have no where to place Donnie.

Yeah but Mikey's left foot is still not flush with his on own base is it?

100% correct. If you're a figure person, then go with NECA. If you like statues, go with Prime 1.

Ok so both are about as innaccurate as each other but what about realism. I would think due the translucent resin, Primes would be more the realistic one out of the two right? Some owner on facebook says it looks like real skin.

If you want something film accurate, then go with Prime 1 and be willing to spend additional $$$$ to get them repainted and fully customized with acrylic eyes, and fabric bandanas.

Well that's usually the case for most screen accurate items, hence why so many people customize their stuff. However, for the Price, these probably should have come with fabric Bandanas and acrylic eyes.

Last edited:
I think everybody's missing the point. they're not supposed to look real . Its supposed to be a guy in a suit in a costume made by Jim Henson..

Back