Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. I've been keeping my eye on this thread as I was on the fence about Prime 1 or NECA. I'm glad I went with NECA.

Me too. I've been keeping my eye on this thread as I was on the fence about Prime 1 or NECA. I'm glad I went with NECA.

Why? These look great in Raph's video,way more realistic and life like than NECA. My only problem is the paint on the eyes looks sloppy, but I need to see more close up pics of the sculpts to confirm this.

$1,800 less?

Oh Ok I was under the impression from that post that they were relieved they didn't buy Primes because of how badly they turned out.

P1’s are not all THAT MUCH better than NECA’s?

Whether they are or not is up to preference, but the gap is so narrow, that I can use those extra $1,800 on something else.

Fair enough.

Last edited:
Just got my Mikey in and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little disappointed. He looks good....but not great. So, maybe my expectations were too high. The paint app looks, idk, sloppy? I think they were going for a dirty look so I don't think it's "sloppy" it's just not a paint choice that I would have made.

I will say they do not look shiny or glossy like in pics. It's similar to the half scale BvS Superman statue in that regard.

So, I love the 1990 TMNT movie so much and Michaelangelo so much and this is a good representation of it that I will most likely keep it. But I don't plan on ordering the rest. I think $450 would be a more reasonable price for these. All this is just my opinion, I don't want to discourage anyone or crap on anyone's expectations. Just thought I'd give my thoughts on it after unboxing him.

Just got my Mikey in and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little disappointed. He looks good....but not great. So, maybe my expectations were too high. The paint app looks, idk, sloppy? I think they were going for a dirty look so I don't think it's "sloppy" it's just not a paint choice that I would have made.

I will say they do not look shiny or glossy like in pics. It's similar to the half scale BvS Superman statue in that regard.

So, I love the 1990 TMNT movie so much and Michaelangelo so much and this is a good representation of it that I will most likely keep it. But I don't plan on ordering the rest. I think $450 would be a more reasonable price for these. All this is just my opinion, I don't want to discourage anyone or crap on anyone's expectations. Just thought I'd give my thoughts on it after unboxing him.
Same way I feel about Raph. I get the other three today, but I'm not blown away(I was when I first saw them at SDCC). Also the bandana on my Raphael looks faded (not sure that's intentional or they simply ran out of paint.

I definitely think Prime 1 missed the mark with the exclusives. Imagine if these pieces had multiple switch-out portraits (they each displayed multiple expressions throughout the film) and included trench coats.

Same way I feel about Raph. I get the other three today, but I'm not blown away(I was when I first saw them at SDCC). Also the bandana on my Raphael looks faded (not sure that's intentional or they simply ran out of paint.

Yeah, my Michaelangelo bandana has a similar look. I thought it was P1's choice. So, it would have a dirty look to it. At least I hope that's the case. Maybe others who have them in hand can chime in, because if it's a flaw then I will be sending mine back for a full refund.

Ok before I start let me just say I do own the NECA versions as well and am a big fan of those. Honestly they are still in the box cause I was afraid of all the issues with them I'd rather not know. Anyways, the set arrived very well packaged. The turtles are not quite as tall as I thought. Thought they would be closer to the new movie turtles. You can see the size comparisons below. I had no issue with Mikey's nunchucks. One is slightly longer than the other. The lighting DOES in fact make a difference when you see them. I have absolutely no issues with this set at all. I think they are very well done and capture the movie pretty well. Any questions just ask. IMG_0173.jpg IMG_0172.jpg

As far as size goes and base aside, I would assume the BayTurtles would be bigger. I thought that the first time I seen them revealed in a trailer for the first movie. So that makes sense.

While I know BayMike is farther back, him and 90s Don look close...but BayRaphel looks twice the size of any 90s. :D

600 is a bit on the higher side than what I would like to spend.

Ralph is a beast in that set. I guess I was just expecting a little more volume since I was used to the bay turtles. $600 is a lot but I did the extended payment plan which made me feel better than dropping 2300 up front.

The paint on the bodies in Raph's video don't look sloppy, nor dirty, so I assume you are talking about the paint on the sculpt, particular the bandana and eyes?

That's a relief.

This really doesn't sound too good, maybe I will just order one and see if I like it.

Ok before I start let me just say I do own the NECA versions as well and am a big fan of those. Honestly they are still in the box cause I was afraid of all the issues with them I'd rather not know.

IMO these look way more realistic than NECA, at least from distance shots.

Anyways, the set arrived very well packaged. The turtles are not quite as tall as I thought. Thought they would be closer to the new movie turtles. You can see the size comparisons below. I had no issue with Mikey's nunchucks. One is slightly longer than the other.

That's a little odd.

The lighting DOES in fact make a difference when you see them. I have absolutely no issues with this set at all. I think they are very well done and capture the movie pretty well. Any questions just ask. View attachment 352872 View attachment 352873

The paint on the bodies in Raph's video don't look sloppy, nor dirty, so I assume you are talking about the paint on the sculpt, particular the bandana and eyes?

That's a relief.

This really doesn't sound too good.

That's a little odd.

Can you take some close up pics of the sculpts on these, so we can see the eye paint etc? It seems these statues are getting mixed reviews some say they are kind of bad or ok, whereas others say they look amazing. So far they look great from a distance, but I would like to know how they look up close.
Ones for Raph are all I have on my phone right now.

The flashlight pic shows a few things. The translucent resin used here is not clear, but tinted green; meaning the turtle isn't actually painted with a base of green and then detailed... And shadows/highlights are the only actual paint that's been applied to the skin besides the eyes and bandana. Some of that detail we are seeing is just the lighting passing through the statue giving the illusion of added paint. Found it interesting.
86c7b23afb322082f3bda3c3f9dc7aa3.jpg
bda4ca2dd02b9b84fd8eac5f09d26e68.jpg
7f295327681ea5179585b267bec10dc6.jpg

Yeah, my Michaelangelo bandana has a similar look. I thought it was P1's choice. So, it would have a dirty look to it. At least I hope that's the case. Maybe others who have them in hand can chime in, because if it's a flaw then I will be sending mine back for a full refund.

yup, my Mikey bandana is the same

IMG_0174.jpg IMG_0175.jpg IMG_0176.jpg IMG_0177.jpg

IMO Miley looks the best. The deal with the nunchucks is one is for the back of the stairs and the other is for his pose. Longer one goes on stairs. The eye paint is spot on. If you see any loose threads it's from the packing material they are using now to keep them more secure when shipping.

Back