Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading through this thread with all the Neca promotion hasnt made me want a Neca. Instead, I'm starting to actually hate figure collectors. Never since this thread have I ever seen a group of people with nothing better to do than hate bomb somebody elses collectable with no intention of ever buying it. They havent said their piece and moved on, they've trolled and keep trolling. Its pitiful, and its sad to see the forum code of conduct doesnt apply in here. This is not an enjoyable thread. Dont think I'll come back.

''Hate figure collectors''

4bUV7Ls.gif

Reading through this thread with all the Neca promotion hasnt made me want a Neca. Instead, I'm starting to actually hate figure collectors. Never since this thread have I ever seen a group of people with nothing better to do than hate bomb somebody elses collectable with no intention of ever buying it. They havent said their piece and moved on, they've trolled and keep trolling. Its pitiful, and its sad to see the forum code of conduct doesnt apply in here. This is not an enjoyable thread. Dont think I'll come back.

yup, it has been highjacked. And no matter how many times the thread is cleaned they come back with the same ****, how some still not banned is beyond me. Getting mine soon but dont think I'll bother sharing it here. oh, I own the neca set btw (Donnie & Raph so far).

Here are some of the images from the FB groups. (Do not know owner but will take down or credit at request)

19989483_10154581056991646_378658267152343146_n.jpg
19959092_10154581052726646_4963301319117416220_n.jpg
19959424_10154581056926646_5751257036276961850_n.jpg
19894993_10154581052891646_1981225524547751142_n.jpg

Gluck guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
When something is beautiful, rather it's a bad photo or not, it's beautiful.

It's sad when you have to have certain lightning and angles to make these look good haha.

I'll just say as someone who has been collecting for a long time these two sentences are entirely false.

But I haven't seen these in person so I can't confirm their quality.

I've seen them at SDCC last year they look great in person. It sucks to have all this hate in the thread. "This thread needs an enema" lol

I'll just say as someone who has been collecting for a long time these two sentences are entirely false.

But I haven't seen these in person so I can't confirm their quality.

f I find something beautiful and someone takes a bad picture of it, it's still beautiful to me lol. A picture can't ruin it's beauty to me because it's just a lousy picture.

I'll admit a bad photo can give something a negative look but if I already knew what it looked like before, it's still beautiful.

Photos can also make something look better than it actually does. Certain light, angles can make something that isn't very attractive normally look better.

I don't care what light these have and how good the photos are, I still don't like the sculpts so no amount of professional photography is going to change my mind.

Have the excl. set on order.
Is it just me or is there a lot of gloss on the base, bandana etc. Also the belt seems to be new (non damaged).

If I find something beautiful and someone takes a bad picture of it, it's still beautiful to me lol. A picture can't ruin it's beauty to me because it's just a lousy picture.

I'll admit a bad photo can give something a negative look but if I already knew what it looked like before, it's still beautiful.

Photos can also make something look better than it actually does. Certain light, angles can make something that isn't very attractive normally look better.

I don't care what light these have and how good the photos are, I still don't like the sculpts so no amount of professional photography is going to change my mind.

What I'm saying is over the years, time and time again, statues have been shot with all kinds of cameras and lighting that has been unflattering to the piece. Close up shots with bright lights have been known to distort and take away detail.

Usually the first shots of any said piece come along and are atrocious and there's widespread panic. Then you've got people like risingstar who are damn good at photography and shows the same piece in all its glory. It nothing new.

Yes pictures can tell a lot. But sometimes they can also be very misleading on good or bad statues alike.

Also if you don't like the sculpts and and don't like the pieces, then why hang out in this thread? I genuinely don't understand why you'd hang out? I'd say my peace and move on...

What I'm saying is over the years, time and time again, statues have been shot with all kinds of cameras and lighting that has been unflattering to the piece. Close up shots with bright lights have been known to distort and take away detail.

Usually the first shots of any said piece come along and are atrocious and there's widespread panic. Then you've got people like risingstar who are damn good at photography and shows the same piece in all its glory. It nothing new.

Yes pictures can tell a lot. But sometimes they can also be very misleading on good or bad statues alike.

Yes, I understand this.

The sculpt on Leonardo from the side looks like a frog because of his fat face *(which isn't screen accurate)

That's something a great photo can't fix. It's not just the paint that was the problem with people, it was those sculpts from an angel we haven't seen before, or at least I haven't seen. Plus the paint on the eyes are bad, that has nothing to do with the photo quality, the eyes themselves aren't shaped correctly.

However the fact people get mad that someone criticizes these figures and resorts to saying they hate said person or name calls... it's so silly.

They could make fun of the Neca Turtles all day long and I don't care.

Also if you don't like the sculpts and and don't like the pieces, then why hang out in this thread? I genuinely don't understand why you'd hang out? I'd say my peace and move on...

I'm not hanging out lol.

I keep getting replied back too by people in here and I get a notification. I'm using my phone while I'm waiting on a meeting and I'm surfing the net, so I get a notification saying I've been replied too, I'm game to reply since I'm killing time.

I mean you yourself quoted and replied to me, so i came back in here.

Besides, I'd like to see these professional pictures that everyone keeps talking about that is going to make these things look brilliant.

So far I only opened Don and after looking him over I came to the conclusion that he's good not great. I am in agreement that the eyes need work. This is a pic with flash...I hope to open all 4 today and see if my nephew can take some pics with his Cannon.
e9b6b9fabcbf82eb0295dee3de3a18ab.jpg

a778386229c6faabb8a1183a94e6ae3b.jpg

06033b2ebd52a7cf97e9bf34ca604ae2.jpg

cc5024c1b93dc37c959788d2b28cd7e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

f I find something beautiful and someone takes a bad picture of it, it's still beautiful to me lol. A picture can't ruin it's beauty to me because it's just a lousy picture.

Uhhhh WHAT!?
This all makes no sense because your basing your info off of photos.

Uhhhh WHAT!?
This all makes no sense because your basing your info off of photos.

Me talking about something beautiful would have implied I've seen it in person. It was an example how a photo couldn't ruin something that I knew was beautiful.

Example. Lets say I've seen a beautiful super model in person. Then I pick up a magazine and the photography did bad light and weird angels and people say ''She's not that attractive'' but to me, she's still beautiful because I know the photos are just bad photos.

People have said the same thing about these Turtles in here and other forums. All I'm saying is the sculpts don't look good to me so even if I seen them in person, I wouldn't find them ideal. The sculpts look bad, I don't need to see them in person to know I don't find them attractive and no photo can change that. No Photo will make Leonardo's face not fat.

It is fun reading people try and explain to everyone why these are great and why they will look good in person and with good photos lol. I've never seen anyone so adamant about a piece of pop culture that it must be loved lol.

The sculpts look bad, I don't need to see them in person to know I don't find them attractive and no photo can change that. No Photo will make Leonardo's face not fat.

Me talking about something beautiful would have implied I've seen it in person. It was an example how a photo couldn't ruin something that I knew was beautiful.

People saying these Turtles look great that those are bad pictures has become hilarious. When each picture that comes in keeps showing them looking bad.

Ummm...you sure are interested in talking about these then, for holding such a low opinion

If pics were as good as in person (for any pieces) we would all just buy posters.

Okay, Freaks, play nice and be civil towards each other.

Opinions vary and are subjective; you will generally never agree 100% on things.

Again; keep things civil and stop with the name calling or else I'll have to step in and infract and/or ban.

You've been warned. :wave

Oh; one more thing... if you don't like what's being presented, then say your piece and move on. Simple.

Edit:

On second thought; I think some of you should take a rest from this thread for a bit.

Thread temporarily closed.

Last edited:
Back