Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still waiting for better pics, taking pics this close is probably the worst way, Im going with Prime 1 photos for now.
55679285f9960053e7d1ec0c553e1c27.jpg

These are surprisingly bad, im a little shocked that prime 1 put that out honestly

A bunch of jump the gun panicky worriers and trolls. Holy cow.. You sound like a bunch of indecisive women. Make up your damn minds. There's great photos floating around on facebook. These are so much better than pieces of junk plastic. No need to come back to this thread. They look fantastic and I'm set with the way they look. Peace.

I just don't think they look that good. At least not for Prime's usual standards.

For someone else who likes them, that's fine but for me, I'll pass.

I mean it's hard judging a photo when the photo itself isn't that good but I didn't like these when I seen better shot photos on Sideshow.

Attachments

• cc870bf5bba43235d95b77550c818cf0.jpg
    cc870bf5bba43235d95b77550c818cf0.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 116
Bad photo or not, those are close up shots and the paint, eyes, skin is awful.

When something is beautiful, rather it's a bad photo or not, it's beautiful. These only look good from a distance, in close up photos, awful. Only people who can't accept reality call it ''BAD PHOTO'' stuff.

The eyes are painted badly, the face paint is bad, these are just bad. It's sad when you have to have certain lightning and angles to make these look good haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
The he man guy is either an employee for prime 1 or in heavy denial. You can take the best photos of these ever and they'll still look awful. It's not even about hating or photography. These are just bad period. The glossy paint, the sculpts. They look like they were made by some amateur starting out.

After seeing more in hand pics on fb the final product looks very similar to all of the previous photos provided by prime 1. Everyone who got this should be happy if that's what they are expecting once their turtles arrive.

After seeing more in hand pics on fb the final product looks very similar to all of the previous photos provided by prime 1. Everyone who got this should be happy if that's what they are expecting once their turtles arrive.

That's what I've been saying. It's just like the prototype so if you didn't like that then you won't like these.

They look really good here, very detailed, but they look bad in nearly every other photo.

That's what I've been saying. It's just like the prototype so if you didn't like that then you won't like these.

The paint job look worse than the paint on the prototype in most photos, they look like just one color with no shading. And I have to agree with Ted Knight's Ghost, the eyes are painted bad, going by the close up images.

I honestly don't get Prime 1 first they mess up the Joker's eye make up now these. Why?

Last edited:

I will wait you read your thoughts on these when they are in hand, although we are both receiving ours the same day (tomorrow). I still think these look pretty cool, they are almost identical to the prototype.

I think these will be the only set of the 90's TMNT that we will ever see in a statue format.

It's translucent resin so it depends on the lighting.

I thought that might be the case as that explains the lack of shading or detail in the skin tone some pics , but what about how awful the eyes are painted?

I will wait you read your thoughts on these when they are in hand, although we are both receiving ours the same day (tomorrow). I still think these look pretty cool, they are almost identical to the prototype.

Well they look cool from a distance, its the close up paint on the head, has me worried. After I saw that first picture next to the box I decided I was definitely going to get them, but now I have to wait for more in hand pics, but more so a video.

I think these will be the only set of the 90's TMNT that we will ever see in a statue format.

Most likely. :(

Probably just me talking out of my ass, but I think the rubber NECA figureswill look closer to the costumes (being they were made out of foam latex) more than P1.

I'll be the judge in a hours after I receive my set.

Reading through this thread with all the Neca promotion hasnt made me want a Neca. Instead, I'm starting to actually hate figure collectors. Never since this thread have I ever seen a group of people with nothing better to do than hate bomb somebody elses collectable with no intention of ever buying it. They havent said their piece and moved on, they've trolled and keep trolling. Its pitiful, and its sad to see the forum code of conduct doesnt apply in here. This is not an enjoyable thread. Dont think I'll come back.

Back