Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7567 (2).jpgIMG_7575.jpg

Pictures looks cool! Can't wait to see more because mine needs to ship overseas...
Refreshing the page while listening to the John Du Prez TMNT 2 score :p

I'm picking mine up on Saturday, but I have to admit that these pictures from Grabber have got me concerned. I bought all 4 as my first ever Prime 1 purchase based on the quality of everything else I had seen from them across other lines, but these do not look like the usual Prime 1 quality/detail/finish. $2k + for the set is crazy expensive, and for that I expect to see some of the finest work Prime 1 have ever done, but instead it looks like the more modern/current/popular big licences are the ones that have received that attention rather than this likely 1 and done TMNT line. I'm really hoping that they look WAY better in person, otherwise I'm going to be feeling financial regret every time I look at them lol.

Why do you think the heads are way off?

I don't own any Prime 1, but I know they are considered the best in the business when it comes to statues. How did they end up getting these ones so wrong in your opinion?

That's is not a Turtles 1 Donatello head sculpt. It's way off. It's bluntly Secret of the Ooze.

I'm picking mine up on Saturday, but I have to admit that these pictures from Grabber have got me concerned. I bought all 4 as my first ever Prime 1 purchase based on the quality of everything else I had seen from them across other lines, but these do not look like the usual Prime 1 quality/detail/finish. $2k + for the set is crazy expensive, and for that I expect to see some of the finest work Prime 1 have ever done, but instead it looks like the more modern/current/popular big licences are the ones that have received that attention rather than this likely 1 and done TMNT line. I'm really hoping that they look WAY better in person, otherwise I'm going to be feeling financial regret every time I look at them lol.

No judgements till I see them in person when I pick them up Friday. I'm sure when you see them you'll think differently.

Well, to be fair, if you bought them from Sideshow and weren't completely happy, you could always return them and get your money back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, to be fair, if you bought them from Sideshow and weren't completely happy, you could always return them and get your money back.

Is that an option? You can open them all up, look at them, decide whether you like them, put them all back in, tape the box up and send back for a full refund? I'm really hoping that I don't need to do that and they look way better in person than those pics as I have been looking forward to getting these for soooo long, but if that's an option it would be great to know!

Yes, I am pretty sure you can do that. You might want to double check the FAQ, but I know they have a 30 day return policy that covers the customer, quite literally, having a change of heart.

These are hard to look at. Hopefully some better pictures pop up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

$2K + for the set is not crazy expensive. $500 is the norm for a 1/4 scale currently for a quality piece. Buying the set of 4 at once makes it expensive but individually I think they're properly priced. I'm sure the translucent resin will look much better in person. Their 1/2 scale Superman got bashed from the 1st photos but it's amazing in person.

I think they're alright, I think the lighting could be better but there's really no need to bash these over NECA.

Back