Prime 1 - Ripley (Aliens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never have I been gladder to be completely unable to afford a given piece. :sneaky:

Needs a Hicks to go with her, tho.

Is this actually licensed? I thought Weaver went ballistic at the mere idea of anything showing her with a gun. [I dont care if it is or not, just curious.]

Looks average, and this is a prototype shot, could be worse at production. Nowhere near QS, JND quality. One of the best action female characters of all time and we get this?

On the positive, at least there's exposure maybe one of the other companies will take interest and take a shot at it.

Sad that only NECA the repaint reuse kings are the only company that went deep with the license.

We should have multiple marines and Ripleys by now.

Think this will benefit from shots with neutral lighting. Either the dramatic lighting in that image is giving her eyes an idealized look or they actually gave her eye shadow. Can't say for sure until the full gallery goes up.

What's really killing my enthusiasm for this is knowing how Aragorn turned out. Eye shadow or not, she could very well come out of the factory looking like a completely different person in the hands of today's Prime 1.

Sad that only NECA the repaint reuse kings are the only company that went deep with the license.

We should have multiple marines and Ripleys by now.
And this.

I am reading a lot about aragorn but I think that bliztway is not involved on it, right? I mean that ripley is made with blitzway collaboration and this makes me feel pretty calm about how the production figure will be.

nUINRxb.jpg

UPMAL-01S: ELLEN RIPLEY BONUS VERSION (ALIENS)
I don’t want to hear about it, Bishop. She’s alive. There’s still time.”

Prime 1 Studio and Blitzway are extremely proud to present an amazing addition to the Ultimate Premium Masterline Series that has been a long time coming: the 1:4 Scale UPMAL-01: Ellen Ripley Bonus Version from ALIENS!

From Warrant Officer on the Nostromo to Lieutenant 1st Class on the USS Sulaco, Ellen Ripley has remained the high-water mark for action film heroes for the last 36 years! Intelligent, brash, and direct, Ripley takes control of any situation going south.

Blitzway’s fantastic team of artisans have scored a home run with this unbelievable 22-inch facsimile of Ellen Ripley. She looks both alert and cautious as she makes her way through the labyrinthine structure of the Atmosphere Processing Plant. At the ready, Ripley’s makeshift armament is a combined M240 Flamethrower and M41A Pulse Rifle...arguably the most iconic science fiction weapon ever created.

Ripley’s jaw-dropping likeness is further enhanced by her impeccably tailored fabric accessories! Her shirt, pants, weapon straps, grenade sling, ammo bag, and M-94 Marking Flare pouch...all perfectly scaled fabric to her size. Ripley’s pants zippers are fully-functioning.

Following the Locator, Ripley navigates the narrow gangways of the Atmosphere Processing Plant, and here, Prime 1 Studio’s engineering really shines! Not only is Ripley’s base reminiscent of the grimy, industrial maze of pipes and grates, but if you look down at the platform, the LED Illuminated floor recreates the seemingly endless levels Ripley has to traverse until she reaches the Xenomorph Queen’s Hive!

And only when you pre-order this Bonus Version from our official online store or any authorized distributor will you receive a cool Bonus Part: An Alien Ovomorph with an emerging Facehugger!

The Ultimate Premium Masterline Aliens Ellen Ripley Bonus Version is as no-brainer a Pre-Order as it’s ever going to get! Game Over, man. Game Over.

[Product Specifications]

・Statue Size approx. ~22 inches tall [H:55.7cm W:31.8cm D:30.7cm]
・Removable M41A Pulse Rifle Accessory
・Removable M240 Flamethrower Accessory
・Removable Fabric Ammunition Cross Bag Accessory
・Removable Fabric Marking Flare Pouch Accessory
・Removable M-94 Marking Flares
・Fabric Clothing with functioning zippers
・LED Illuminated illusion base
・One (1) Aliens Egg with Emerging Facehugger [BONUS PART]
・Bonus Size approx. ~7.6 inches tall [H:19.3cm W:9.14cm D:9.14cm]
・Hadley’s Hope Atmospheric Processing Plant-themed Base with many Aliens movie Easter Eggs

Full Facebook gallery

I love it, but there's no denying that face sculpt is jacked....unless you're delusional or unfamiliar with the character. I expected more from Blitzway. Hopefully they rework it a bit, but I'm not counting on it.

I will however be picking it up since I have about $500 in rewards points with P1 that I need to use up so I can be done with the company.

I like the concept, pose and base, detailed, effective without it being overbearing. The face is hit and miss, some angles I can see likeness, other angles not so much. Still quite good, I think this would be a nice addition for fans of the character.

1649244350800.png

Only this angle is decent (facewise). The rest miss the mark, if they can do some tweaks, this would be an awesome statue

I like it. Face could use some work (she's both younger and slightly idealized), but it's the best mass-market Ripley we've seen IMO. Hope the production piece looks as good.

That depth effect with the base is interesting too, I'm really curious as to whether they can pull that off on the final.

Price on Prime 1's site is $1100. Statue is about 22" tall, roughly 12"x12" at the base, and 5.5kg. A breath of fresh air in terms of being easy to display, just not sure about that price. Good news is the store-exclusive bonus accessory isn't a necessity, so one can wait a while before preordering and go through another retailer instead.

If she gets a display buddy in the same scale (like an Alien, Marine, or Newt), that might change things. Prime 1 would be smart to address that in their next showcase. I'd love to see a smaller Warrior with a base as conservative as this. And in a pose that doesn't look like it's about to topple forward.

As far as the base, they just copied ECC with their mirrored infinity effect. The question is whether or not P1 can ship glass without them all being destroyed much like their Big Chap. lol
I do like the price point though. The face though....too wide.
Ripley.jpg

Yeah I really want to see some Marines. Hicks and Hudson would be incredible with this level of detail. I agree that the likeness is definitely off but overall it looks like an impressive piece. Will sideshow carry this?

Back