Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I'm not a huge fan of them stating "synthetic leather", but there are varying materials which will all fall under that broad category. So long as it's more of a suede-ed type of synthetic and not a plastic-y, shiny, painted type of faux-leather then it can last a while. The painted on stuff (think Sideshow Batman blue comic PF trunks from 2015/16-ish, Batman 1989 PF cape) all deteriorates quickly in a warm climate.

I suppose we can always replace it with a new material in time, but I'd rather not have to do that.

I still have to figure out how to replace the trunks on Batman...
Well replacing means the complete skirt, the belts and the belts on the chest armor.

Yea, I'm not a huge fan of them stating "synthetic leather", but there are varying materials which will all fall under that broad category. So long as it's more of a suede-ed type of synthetic and not a plastic-y, shiny, painted type of faux-leather then it can last a while. The painted on stuff (think Sideshow Batman blue comic PF trunks from 2015/16-ish, Batman 1989 PF cape) all deteriorates quickly in a warm climate.

I suppose we can always replace it with a new material in time, but I'd rather not have to do that.

I still have to figure out how to replace the trunks on Batman...
Yeah fingers crossed Prime 1 either change it polystone or decide to use real leather.

The front looks kind of like suede, the back looks like faux leather to me. It'd be a nightmare to change the entire back skirt that partially wraps around his waist, you'd have to remove the statue (and it looks heavy), remove the skirt without damaging joining parts, do the measurements and some how get it to fit in snuggly. Never sewed in my life and to start on a 4k statue LOL

Let's just hope the need never comes to that. I don't think they will skimp on materials here.

Sidenote: Is there any good Predator prints floating around these days? I'd like to get something framed up on the wall if possible to really set off my Pred corner.

Let's just hope the need never comes to that. I don't think they will skimp on materials here.

Sidenote: Is there any good Predator prints floating around these days? I'd like to get something framed up on the wall if possible to really set off my Pred corner.
FB063305-1229-4E98-B059-2633B054504D.jpeg

164F21FD-5950-409C-806E-6DF53E7507DF.jpeg

This one by Gabz. GID. Just 10 in the world though.

Just got another email reply from Prime 1 advising they can't guarantee for the change to polystone, but the decision is still up in the air with the production team.

Looks like they know collectors main concern is durability of the materials as I politely reinforced this as a major point of interest. I further mentioned if unable to change to polystone, perhaps consider more durable materials like real leather etc.

I think their response is a positive sign and there is some traction. It's good to see they really want to please as many collectors as possible. For those who haven't done so and would like the change, drop an email to Prime 1 and let them know your suggestions (of course do it in a polite manner, no demands, just suggestions along with your concerns as a collector which I see as perfectly valid reasons for Prime 1 to reconsider before production stage :)

Flexing here but I love my Matt Ferguson Predator prints:
Predator_regfinal.jpg

Predator2_final_regular_2048x.jpg

You can still find the Predator 2 print on eBay and the variant too.

I love Florey's Predator too. I don't own this one. It sometimes pops up on eBay though.
Predator_-_REF_2048x.jpg

Love the verticality of those Ferguson prints.
Yeah I love them. His Thrill of the Hunt print was a grail hunt for me. Sold out and never being sold by anyone. I got lucky back in 2018 - had an open day at his offices and had about 4 AP's available at the original price, only had to pay £40 for it. :rock

More updates from P1

Once again, our constant desire for perfection of this product brought us more updates to announce to our fans. To stay as much screen-accurate and faithful in its interpretation, we have made several updates throughout this product and version. Lots of updates and new features to bring you the best Jungle Hunter Predator statue. We heard your feedback and came to a conclusion to release the Regular version (MMPR-01) with the updated "Props" Bio-Mask instead of the "Details" Bio-Mask. For those who ordered the Deluxe Bonus version (MMPR-01DXS) will receive a special surprise that will excite the Predator fans! To point them out, we have made a list to see all the new updates so far. We want to mention some of these final updates were already in our plan from the beginning. We had many plans to add more features, but some didn’t represent well the accuracy of this character, such as the Predator glowing blood on the leg. Due to time restraint and our excitement, we couldn’t resist revealing this product during our Next Level Showcase 2 last May 2021. (NLS2: ) We hope the fans appreciate these big final updates announcements. We will continue to bring you more minor improvements for the final product. Enjoy these final updates! With all the anticipation from fans for a closed-mouth portrait of the Jungle Hunter Predator, we couldn’t hold it back to tease you of our upcoming “Expansion Set” so stay tuned for more exciting updates!! Again, we would like to mention that we appreciated all the support and continuous patronage in ordering this masterpiece. =========================================== Thank you to all our fans and collectors who have pre-ordered our MMPR-01/01DX/01DXS: JUNGLE HUNTER PREDATOR (PREDATOR 1987). We are already reaching LOW IN STOCK for the Deluxe Bonus Version (DXS) so get it now while you can!! It is also a great chance to reveal some Sculpt Updates with everyone. Don’t miss to add this masterpiece into your Alien/Predator Collection! =========================================== MMPR-01: JUNGLE HUNTER PREDATOR (PREDATOR 1987) - Updated Predator Skin Texture - Updated Groin Armor Position - Updated “Detail” Bio-Mask to be “Props” Bio-Mask - Updated “Props” Bio-Mask with Mirror Visor - Updated Predator Teeth - Updated Spine Bandolier - Updated Plasma Cannon Armor Position - Updated Medicomp Position - Detachable Plasma Cannon - Updated Dreadlock Position - Extra Swappable fully retract Wristblades - Updated Right Hand - Updated Wrist Gauntlet MMPR-01DX: JUNGLE HUNTER PREDATOR DELUXE VERSION (PREDATOR 1987) - Included all of the above updates - Swappable Bio-Mask between “Detail” & “Props” Bio-Mask - Extra Right-hand clutching Billy’s spine with skull MMPR-01DXS: JUNGLE HUNTER PREDATOR DELUXE BONUS VERSION (PREDATOR 1987) - Included all of the above updates - Bonus Swappable Prehensible Extended Wristblades

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1626444318247.jpg
    FB_IMG_1626444318247.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 38
  • FB_IMG_1626444315528.jpg
    FB_IMG_1626444315528.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 42
Wow!!! That low stock came quick. Forced me to buy a ticket for this ride sooner then later. Either way can’t wait to get this.

^^^ If "Low stock remaining" is not just a marketing gimmick which I am sure it's not he will be able to sell it at a profit and transfer that extra $$$ towards the 1/3 City Hunter ;)

Well folks, after a several year hiatus, this statue has broght me back to the Predator space. I'm not about to miss out on what will be considered the ultmate Predator collectable. I just preordered the Deluxe Bonus edition from Secret Compass. I'm not sure where this thing will go, but I'll figure that out later.

This might be one of the quickest sell outs I've ever seen.
Feels like the good old days. It's hard to imagine the low stock alert is a marketing stunt when the thing went up for preorder mere weeks ago. Unless Prime 1 are in dire straits and need to make some money fast, this is shaping up to be an event piece. Even longtime collectors are returning to the fold for it. Speaking of which...

Well folks, after a several year hiatus, this statue has broght me back to the Predator space. I'm not about to miss out on what will be considered the ultmate Predator collectable. I just preordered the Deluxe Bonus edition from Secret Compass. I'm not sure where this thing will go, but I'll figure that out later.
...welcome back and congrats on the order, Furious!

This is nuts. If they're selling as many units as they claim to be, the pressure is on for a worthy paint app. All eyes are on it.

Last edited:
Back