Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can still get the DX right now at a discount. I'm sure they've sold a bunch for sure. I think with all the extras and changes within an extremely short time frame, they are really pushing the orders.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is the best predator I've seen hands down.
That's Australia though, our customer base and population size is much smaller compared to overseas.

I can't remember which store but I think either SC or BBTS has run out of DXS as stated by a collector in statue forum.

Last edited:
Is there anyone outside this place and Statue Forum that buy this sort of stuff? There will be but I just imagine anyone involved in this will be lurking around one of the main online communities.
I think these forums only represent like 2-3% of buyers. Prime 1 1/4 JH prob sold around 500 or so but I'd say only around a dozen buyers have commented on the forum. Same with the Prime 1 endo. I'd say another 5% lurk and the remaining 92% couldn't give a rats about us LOL

That's Australia though, our customer base is much smaller due a much lower population compared to overseas.

I can't remember which store but I think either SC or BBTS has run out of DXS as stated by a collector in statue forum.
BBTS lists the DXS as being sold out, but still has the DX and Reg for PO.

I decided to order last night the DXS from SC as I want every last bit of extra bits I can get. I've ordered once form them in the past, years ago.

I think these forums only represent like 2-3% of buyers. Prime 1 1/4 JH prob sold around 500 or so but I'd say only around a dozen buyers have commented on the forum. Same with the Prime 1 endo. I'd say another 5% lurk and the remaining 92% couldn't give a rats about us LOL
Yeah you're right. I just can't imagine the people collecting these things and not having a platform to discuss and complain about it. :lol

Certainly not discounted due to lack of sales then...
The discount will eventually expire, but they sometimes extend it (which they have with the DXS version) to sell more. The discounted price is equivalent to the retailer price minus shipping and taxes. Australia is probably not the best representative country to gauge sales though, were a tiny foot print compared to Europe and the states haha

Yeah you're right. I just can't imagine the people collecting these things and not having a platform to discuss and complain about it. :lol
I lurked for a long time before signing up, like 7 years LOL.

Once you start discussing and complaining you can't stop hahaha.

I lurked for a long time before signing up, like 7 years LOL.

Once you start discussing and complaining you can't stop hahaha.
Lurkers. Lurkers everywhere...
tenor.gif

This is an interesting point. You'd think anyone who spends hundreds (and especially thousands) on this stuff cares enough to want to talk about it with likeminded people, but this is not necessarily the case. Maybe the richest of Prime 1's customers just look at these as cool things to pick up, same as we look at a NECA figure when visiting a general store.

Sorry if my post came across as a negative. I think my initial point was supposed to be more like ....I'm not ready to drop 4 grand until I see the total packages for both versions.

With them making ( like 10 changes) within a month of the drop , I'm happy to ride it out I think now. I think for many of us this is a Absolutely huge investment.

Sorry if my post came across as a negative. I think my initial point was supposed to be more like ....I'm not ready to drop 4 grand until I see the total packages for both versions.

With them making ( like 10 changes) within a month of the drop , I'm happy to ride it out I think now. I think for many of us this is a Absolutely huge investment.
If you do decide to get it Sugo gives a 3% discount on EFT deposit transfers so it ends up being $3880.

Or there is another Australian site called Akimomo that sells DXS for $3799 (I've never ordered from them, think there new so not sure what customer service is like).

It is a lot of money, so understandable that you've got to be sure before hitting that buy button :)

everyone uses Facebook groups now. I have several friends who collect and none of them are on this forum (some were once upon a time). They all discuss this stuff in Facebook groups and some have ordered this piece. I wasn't active on here for like a year either. I prefer Facebook groups for statue talk now.

Some people who collect aren't active on any platform. They just simply buy what they think looks cool.

everyone uses Facebook groups now. I have several friends who collect and none of them are on this forum (some were once upon a time). They all discuss this stuff in Facebook groups and some have ordered this piece. I wasn't active on here for like a year either. I prefer Facebook groups for statue talk now.

Some people who collect aren't active on any platform. They just simply buy what they think looks cool.
I really need to identify all us aussies lmao. So many of us on here / Facebook yet I dont knos who is who

This is an interesting point. You'd think anyone who spends hundreds (and especially thousands) on this stuff cares enough to want to talk about it with likeminded people, but this is not necessarily the case. Maybe the richest of Prime 1's customers just look at these as cool things to pick up, same as we look at a NECA figure when visiting a general store.
Yeah guess you're right. Most customers are probably content with owning the product and have no desire to share the experience with others.

Maybe I just live a sheltered life behind an avatar on forums but I try and stay away from Facebook, especially for group discussion. It's not an enjoyable experience IMO. 😬🙃

So Dundee said if I remember correctly the skirt will be faux leather. I heard you can use babyoil on faux leather so it will last a lot longer. Don't know if it is true. Is there somebody who has any experience? It would be terrible if the leather part would deteriorate on a 4000 dollar statue.

So Dundee said if I remember correctly the skirt will be faux leather. I heard you can use babyoil on faux leather so it will last a lot longer. Don't know if it is true. Is there somebody who has any experience? It would be terrible if the leather part would deteriorate on a 4000 dollar statue.
Yeah I emailed Prime 1 asking what materials they plan to use for the skirt and they said "synthetic leather". I did ask them to consider polystone sculpt (like the 1/4 JH) for longevity as this will be a flagship statue (and fans would be talking about this statue for years and decades to come) so would make sense to use polystone instead. They will on pass my suggestions to the development team. I think if more people email them about this and provide their reasons for the change, they will consider changing it to polystone.

I don't think they can change the front (it'll be difficult to do the ripped effect/battle worn detail using polystone, unless they flatten it and mold it into the legs, but it won't look as hyper real).

Imo they can at least change the back part of the skirt and polystone finish is close enough to the real thing (plus rear area is not viewed or seen as much when displayed, so the change won't be noticeable).

The front ripple synthetic leather is not hard to replace in future, just buy some materials, cut it in pieces and glue. But the back would be much more difficult to repair if and when the material starts fading.

I'm not sure if baby oil will extend the lifespan of synthetic leather. I've done some Googling, some have had no deterioration for 10 years and counting. Others fade and rip in 5 years or so. It's pretty hit and miss, but what is certain is it will definitely deteriorate over time, the question is how long?

Yeah I emailed Prime 1 asking what materials they plan to use for the skirt and they said "synthetic leather". I did ask them to consider polystone sculpt (like the 1/4 JH) for longevity as this will be a flagship statue (and fans would be talking about this statue for years and decades to come) so would make sense to use polystone instead. They will on pass my suggestions to the development team. I think if more people email them about this and provide their reasons for the change, they will consider changing it to polystone.

I don't think they can change the front (it'll be difficult to do the ripped effect/battle worn detail using polystone, unless they flatten it and mold it into the legs, but it won't look as hyper real).

Imo they can at least change the back part of the skirt and polystone finish is close enough to the real thing (plus rear area is not viewed or seen as much when displayed, so the change won't be noticeable).

The front ripple synthetic leather is not hard to replace in future, just buy some materials, cut it in pieces and glue. But the back would be much more difficult to repair if and when the material starts fading.

I'm not sure if baby oil will extend the lifespan of synthetic leather. I've done some Googling, some have had no deterioration for 10 years and counting. Others fade and rip in 5 years or so. It's pretty hit and miss, but what is certain is it will definitely deteriorate over time, the question is how long?
Yea, I'm not a huge fan of them stating "synthetic leather", but there are varying materials which will all fall under that broad category. So long as it's more of a suede-ed type of synthetic and not a plastic-y, shiny, painted type of faux-leather then it can last a while. The painted on stuff (think Sideshow Batman blue comic PF trunks from 2015/16-ish, Batman 1989 PF cape) all deteriorates quickly in a warm climate.

I suppose we can always replace it with a new material in time, but I'd rather not have to do that.

I still have to figure out how to replace the trunks on Batman...

Back