Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pricy, but I wouldn't say overpriced. CM was 2k back in 09, add inflation it would be around 2.5k which is same as the regular edition, but the CM is smaller, simpler base with no swap outs. I get smaller pieces have gone up substantially but I don't think this applies with some statues (esp the larger ones) such as this and others like the Prime 1 endo being 2k in 2018, which is technically cheaper than 2k sideshow back in 2006 when released. I get that ES have overall gone up, but our populations have increased too around the world and that would reflect in the collectible world.

But it's clear this market is shifting to the middle to top end of town i.e the pieces are designed to rival almost custom ones and targeting the upper market of buyers who will pay this kind of coin. Clearly it's an industry that is making good money, otherwise you wouldn't see companies like JND and QS joining the fray.

The pieces are designed to rival almost custom ones
We'll see about this. The sculpts are better than they've ever been, but the finishes have a ways to go -- especially on Predators. So far, I've been more impressed with what Hot Toys has been able to do at half the size and one sixth of the price.

Tell me about it dwelling here among fellow Pred heads and yet still we try to fully comprehend the final price tag ( statue + ripoff shipping and customs tax ). The real wake up call was when my friend looked over my shoulder today when I was watching the statue ( he is not obsessed like us hahaha ) and told me it looks really nice but when he asked about the price he almost sprayed his drink all over my PC hahaha He said abruptly then that I have an issue. So guys now you know we all have an issues and really expensive one hahaha!! We're all in the same boat or group...

P.S. @greygoose I think if I remember correctly they said open mouth the roaring portrait and Classic mask with the same overdone blast marks were reused...

It's all relative and only becomes an issue (like anything else) if and when one over spends. I know peeps who spend 5-10k a month on designer stuff, and others who blow 30k per annum just 'flipping' cars and both can barely make ends meet. Whereas I can spend 4k on one collectible per annum and have 2-3 years to pay off. I'd rather have my issues than some other issues out there LOL

We'll see about this. The sculpts are better than they've ever been, but the finishes have a ways to go -- especially on Predators. So far, I've been more impressed with what Hot Toys has been able to do at half the size and one sixth of the price.
Personally I don't and can't dig hot toys, no matter how cheaply priced they are. There pretty cool as small collectibles but I've never been drawn to them. I just know there something I will sell down the road and never keep, so no real desire to purchase them. There badass on their own, but not in my radar of purchases.

Well comments ranging from "For a 3K statue is a must and we want/demand it" all the way up to please please Prime 1 include it. Some stating that unmasked portraits are actually reused 1/4 Big Game sculpts just enlarged. Joker really stirred up the scene with that amazing and pricey extra portrait indeed...
A lot of people seem to think that the new Joker sculpt is only a result of demand from fans, but I don't think that's the case. They did the same thing with their first Transformers piece (released additional sculpts as busts later), and no one asked for it. Came out of nowhere.

I just think it's something Prime 1 do. In the case of Joker, they probably saw it as a chance to make a few extra bucks and knew there was demand for it. Maybe the statue wasn't selling as well as they thought, or maybe they planned it all along. Who knows.

Either way, I think if enough people ask for it they might do a predator bust swap out. I'd probably buy just the bust.

Tell me about it dwelling here among fellow Pred heads and yet still we try to fully comprehend the final price tag ( statue + ripoff shipping and customs tax ). The real wake up call was when my friend looked over my shoulder today when I was watching the statue ( he is not obsessed like us hahaha ) and told me it looks really nice but when he asked about the price he almost sprayed his drink all over my PC hahaha He said abruptly then that I have an issue. So guys now you know we all have an issues and really expensive one hahaha!! We're all in the same boat or group...

P.S. @greygoose I think if I remember correctly they said open mouth the roaring portrait and Classic mask with the same overdone blast marks were reused...

It's all perspective really. Heaps of people have PO'd this without batting an eyelid. Actually surprised me given the overall cost with shipping and size.

I know some people who ordered doubles and some who plan to get this and City Hunter. When I think about the cost of just those 2 pieces alone, it's literally the price of a new 4K Sony projector for my theatre room that I've been wanting, and I know what I'd rather have more personally.

I do think this is an amazing piece, but it is an incredible amount of money and I do think it's overpriced despite what some people are saying. Some are just trying to justify the price to themselves because they want it, but the reality is that this is overpriced for a mass produced collectible.

Cinemaquette was overpriced too back then, but Cinemaquettes have always been aimed at the high end market. Low edition sizes, don't make statues often, premium materials etc. Different class of collectible, and it doubled in value. This won't increase in value, not with the amount being produced and shipping cost. Nothing increases in value anymore in this hobby.

A lot of pieces are overpriced now, not just this. It'll get to a point where a lot of people will look at the price and think, 'nah, there's better things I can spend my money on', and only hardcore collectors and fans will be buying, and casuals with really deep pockets. I'm seeing more and more people quitting this hobby now. J

A lot of people seem to think that the new Joker sculpt is only a result of demand from fans, but I don't think that's the case. They did the same thing with their first Transformers piece (released additional sculpts as busts later), and no one asked for it. Came out of nowhere.

I just think it's something Prime 1 do. In the case of Joker, they probably saw it as a chance to make a few extra bucks and knew there was demand for it. Maybe the statue wasn't selling as well as they thought, or maybe they planned it all along. Who knows.

Either way, I think if enough people ask for it they might do a predator bust swap out. I'd probably buy just the bust.
That 1/3 joker was selling poorly due to the creepy smile, a failed concept that the market didn't react well to. It had some fans but most disliked the look. It was getting hammered and outsold by QS 1/4 and JND 1/3 Ledger jokers. This echoed tremendously throughout the forums and coupled with the poor sales, prime 1 took note and did what was required, a good business decision that will benefit them and customers. Win win.

Not sure if this would occur with this one though. Creepy ledger smile was just too much and it had stiff competition all in the one go. This 1/3 doesn't have the same problems, it's only competition ironically is its own 1/4 (which I suspect likely mostly sold out). They may still do a closed mouth but I wouldn't expect it with much certainty, despite them doing so for the 1/3 Ledger, I think the odds for a closed mouth are slim.

It's all perspective really. Heaps of people have PO'd this without batting an eyelid. Actually surprised me given the overall cost with shipping and size.

I know some people who ordered doubles and some who plan to get this and City Hunter. When I think about the cost of just those 2 pieces alone, it's literally the price of a new 4K Sony projector for my theatre room that I've been wanting, and I know what I'd rather have more personally.

I do think this is an amazing piece, but it is an incredible amount of money and I do think it's overpriced despite what some people are saying. Some are just trying to justify the price to themselves because they want it, but the reality is that this is overpriced for a mass produced collectible.

Cinemaquette was overpriced too back then, but Cinemaquettes have always been aimed at the high end market. Low edition sizes, don't make statues often, premium materials etc. Different class of collectible, and it doubled in value. This won't increase in value, not with the amount being produced and shipping cost. Nothing increases in value anymore in this hobby.

A lot of pieces are overpriced now, not just this. It'll get to a point where a lot of people will look at the price and think, 'nah, there's better things I can spend my money on', and only hardcore collectors and fans will be buying, and casuals with really deep pockets. I'm seeing more and more people quitting this hobby now. J
I was thinking about getting a new projector but then remembered how much my Sim Domino tanked and was worthless after 6 years. I'll think I'll wait until native 4k is the norm tbh. Anyway that was the reasons I chose this over a new PJ

That 1/3 joker was selling poorly due to the creepy smile, a failed concept that the market didn't react well to. It had some fans but most disliked the look. It was getting hammered and outsold by QS 1/4 and JND 1/3 Ledger jokers. This echoed tremendously throughout the forums and coupled with the poor sales, prime 1 took note and did what was required, a good business decision that will benefit them and customers. Win win.

Not sure if this would occur with this one though. Creepy ledger smile was just too much and it had stiff competition all in the one go. This 1/3 doesn't have the same problems, it's only competition ironically is its own 1/4 (which I suspect likely mostly sold out). They may still do a closed mouth but I wouldn't expect it with much certainty, despite them doing so for the 1/3 Ledger, I think the odds for a closed mouth are slim.
I honestly have no idea what sales were like on it, I never bothered to follow coz I never liked the portrait, however I'm just pointing out that Prime 1 has done these additional mini busts before, So they may have planned to do it regardless.

I agree with you though, don't see them doing it for predator, but never know, they may change their minds.

I was thinking about getting a new projector but then remembered how much my Sim Domino tanked and was worthless after 6 years. I'll think I'll wait until native 4k is the norm tbh. Anyway that was the reasons I chose this over a new PJ
I've been waiting for 4K prices to drop for ages but it hasn't happened and I don't see it happening anytime soon. Its a niche product that not many people care about. I don't know what resale value is like, but I'd imagine it can't be too bad if the price of a brand new one isn't dropping.

I have an Epson TW9300(6040) that I've had since release and haven't upgraded yet as it's hard to beat in terms of value for money, especially at the price I paid. Next best thing is more than double the price, but yeah, if I was spending nearly 10k on 2 statues I'd rather get a 4K Projector for that money personally lol.

Watching to see what Epson do next year, otherwise it's JVC for me.

@Blade3327 What was the last Hot Toys Pred you saw in person?
I picked up the Wolf Predator 2.0 recently, really impressive piece.

Personally I don't and can't dig hot toys, no matter how cheaply priced they are. There pretty cool as small collectibles but I've never been drawn to them. I just know there something I will sell down the road and never keep, so no real desire to purchase them. There badass on their own, but not in my radar of purchases.
Oh, ideally they'd be bigger. Now would be a great time for Hot Toys to finally put out that 1/4 Predator and Dutch they carelessly mentioned ten years ago. And I could preorder fairly confident that they'd deliver in the paint department, whereas it seems a gamble with Prime 1.

Last edited:
I picked up the Wolf Predator 2.0 recently, really impressive piece.

Oh, ideally they'd be bigger. Now would be a great time for Hot Toys to finally put out that 1/4 Predator and Dutch they carelessly mentioned ten years ago. And I could preorder fairly confident that they'd deliver in the paint department, whereas it seems a gamble with Prime 1.
I think if they were ever going to finally do it, now would be the time. I think the ship might have sailed with seeing a 1/4 from Hot Toys - or any other Preds.

I think if they were ever going to finally do it, now would be the time. I think the ship might have sailed with seeing a 1/4 from Hot Toys - or any other Preds.
They're literally just disney **** riders. Legit every piece is Marvel, Star Wars and the odd DC piece. It's exactly why I sold all my Hot Toys, they just abandoned the lines I cared about

They're literally just disney **** riders. Legit every piece is Marvel, Star Wars and the odd DC piece. It's exactly why I sold all my Hot Toys, they just abandoned the lines I cared about
It's such a shame. I know the Predator line hasn't always been consistent in quality, but it really felt like Wolf represented a new milestone in terms of accuracy and detailing. Had they continued down that path, we would've gotten some truly amazing pieces. Now it looks like he's the swan song of the line.

Still very much worth owning IMO, even if he's a bit lonely on the shelf.

It's such a shame. I know the Predator line hasn't always been consistent in quality, but it really felt like Wolf represented a new milestone in terms of accuracy and detailing. Had they continued down that path, we would've gotten some truly amazing pieces. Now it looks like he's the swan song of the line.

What year was the 1/4 announcement again?!:stick:lol

Oath man... So desperately wanted to continue the Hot Toys Predators. I owned about 15 of them. If it wasnt for for them abandoning the line, who knows If I ever get into statues.

What year was the 1/4 announcement again?!:stick:lol
2013 I believe. No chance we see them. Wish they'd give someone else the license, how ever I dont believe any current companies top Hot Toys' quality

Oath man... So desperately wanted to continue the Hot Toys Predators. I owned about 15 of them. If it wasnt for for them abandoning the line, who knows If I ever get into statues.

2013 I believe. No chance we see them. Wish they'd give someone else the license, how ever I dont believe any current companies top Hot Toys' quality
They did have Fugitive planned however given the **** show that Shane Black gave us this was probably the final nail in the coffin for Hot Toys Preds. Anyone know the average time that these companies can buy the license for, 5/10 years?

I had a dream last night I got this and when I opened the box, it was in lots of pieces, was plastic and I had to paint it like a model kit.

This is dread man. Truly dread.

I had a dream last night I got this and when I opened the box, it was in lots of pieces, was plastic and I had to paint it like a model kit.

This is dread man. Truly dread.
Lol that's not a dream, that's a nightmare!

Will you be getting this?

Back