Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better deals available in mainland Europe but can't get a firm shipping price from them. I know it's difficult when they don't have dimensions but could run into hundreds shipping.

One said I'd have to pay them V.A.T then pay it again on import 😆

Nope. Too expensive :nana:
tenor.gif

I really want to get this but It’s hard to justify spending that much on a collectible. I’ll probably sell some figures to fund it.

What are the fans saying over there about a closed mouth portrait?
Well comments ranging from "For a 3K statue is a must and we want/demand it" all the way up to please please Prime 1 include it. Some stating that unmasked portraits are actually reused 1/4 Big Game sculpts just enlarged. Joker really stirred up the scene with that amazing and pricey extra portrait indeed...

Well comments ranging from "For a 3K statue is a must and we want/demand it" all the way up to please please Prime 1 include it. Some stating that unmasked portraits are actually reused 1/4 Big Game sculpts just enlarged. Joker really stirred up the scene with that amazing and pricey extra portrait indeed...
Someone did post a comparison pic of the two sculpts. It does look like it could be the 1/4.

Might be why the DX semi closed portrait looks so good - being a new sculpt. :huh

I really want to get this but It’s hard to justify spending that much on a collectible. I’ll probably sell some figures to fund it.
Tell me about it dwelling here among fellow Pred heads and yet still we try to fully comprehend the final price tag ( statue + ripoff shipping and customs tax ). The real wake up call was when my friend looked over my shoulder today when I was watching the statue ( he is not obsessed like us hahaha ) and told me it looks really nice but when he asked about the price he almost sprayed his drink all over my PC hahaha He said abruptly then that I have an issue. So guys now you know we all have an issues and really expensive one hahaha!! We're all in the same boat or group...

P.S. @greygoose I think if I remember correctly they said open mouth the roaring portrait and Classic mask with the same overdone blast marks were reused...

Tell me about it dwelling here among fellow Pred heads and yet still we try to fully comprehend the final price tag ( statue + ripoff shipping and customs tax ). The real wake up call was when my friend looked over my shoulder today when I was watching the statue ( he is not obsessed like us hahaha ) and told me it looks really nice but when he asked about the price he almost sprayed his drink all over my PC hahaha He said abruptly then that I have an issue. So guys now you know we all have an issues and really expensive one hahaha!! We're all in the same boat or group...

P.S. @greygoose I think if I remember correctly they said open mouth the roaring portrait and Classic mask with the same overdone blast marks were reused...

Value is relative to the individual. There's people out there who'd happily pay $10k for this. With the ever increasing costs it's just that there's most likely more people now who are not comfortable paying the $3k out, despite how much they like the character.

Value is relative to the individual. There's people out there who'd happily pay $10k for this. With the ever increasing costs it's just that there's most likely more people now who are not comfortable paying the $3k out, despite how much they like the character.
I'm not saying they're not out there (there is an ass for every seat), but they would have to be an idiot (relative term) to pay 10K for a mass produced 1:3 piece. You can get custom life size pieces from Mike Hill, Bobby C., Patrick Magee, Connor Deless, Howard S., etc....for less than that. Way less...I know...I have them.
The problem with mass produced pieces these days is that the prices are starting to leave the average, casual or newbie collector out of the game. Back in the day...hell, just a few years ago, you could get a good statue for $300-400, with 1K being nearly unheard of and outrageous. Now it seems almost impossible to justify these prices for everyone but those of us deep in the hobby, and even most of us question how much longer we can justify to ourselves to stay in the game. I'm not sure the hobby can support a long term business strategy with these ever increasing prices.

It's all speculation but how else can you insert the batteries?

After a weekend debating with myself I think I'm going with the Reg from CDUK.
Money saved would go towards the P2. Hope that Reg isn't missing any 'must have' extras.
Surprised they're only knocking of £30 for upfront payment. Need to look into the other options.
Pay 10% and the rest when instock? £2.5K better in my account for 18 months than saving £30.
Man, I get it.. But make sure you dont regret it later.. Some of the Ex pieces are must IMO.. The half open mouth being number 1.

But I get it.. If you are saving for the P2 then you do what you gotta do.

Man, I get it.. But make sure you dont regret it later.. Some of the Ex pieces are must IMO.. The half open mouth being number 1.

But I get it.. If you are saving for the P2 then you do what you gotta do.
Yeah, though call. Extra £600 but those extra portraits should be huge.
No rush on this. Still looking for the best option while waiting for Prime to announce something extra to make the decision easier.

Back