Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping for $2500, but mentally prepared for $3000. Should be immaculate at these prices, though.

I don't mind the harshness of the skin, gives it more depth, pop and seems more high definition. Pics from the old screen might be too low res (even when converted to a higher res, the existing show was still taken from the 80s) hence the more 'smooth' look.

Good points for

I'm pretty sure the original Predator was shot in 4k resolution.

*peek inside*

I'm going to have to lurk in here for a while. Help me, I actually might get this.

I actually have an old solid-wood dresser I was planning to cut the sides out of and turn into a single, giant display cabinet for something. And I've also been trying since 2019 to sell like....most of my collection. Last year [obviously] put me behind my goalpost, but this thing works perfectly toward my end goal of having only a few high-end pieces.

This looks incredible. It might be worth to sell a chunk of my collection to fund this. Imagine how much presence this will have?

I'm pretty sure the original Predator was shot in 4k resolution.

Lol with those 3D blue and red paper glasses for the ultimate 90s experience :)

Can anyone estimate how tall this one would be? It's got a wider stance than the CM, so do you guys think they might end up the same height? 80cm?

Lol with those 3D blue and red paper glasses for the ultimate 90s experience :)

Can anyone estimate how tall this one would be? It's got a wider stance than the CM, so do you guys think they might end up the same height? 80cm?

It was never released in 3D.
Seriously, was filmed in 32mm, so roughly 4k. Older movies on film are a much higher resolution than early digital movies and TV.

It was never released in 3D.
Seriously, was filmed in 32mm, so roughly 4k. Older movies on film are a much higher resolution than early digital movies and TV.

You are right, thats a very interesting fact. Learn something new everyday :)

Unfortunately the grain of the film was very high, because of the exposure level of the film material that was used. The 32mm does resemble about a 4K pixel density, but the grain will never allow a full 4K transfer. Same goes for ALIENS. Cameron did always regret the choice of film material, but what I understood it was simply a choice for the dark environment of both movies, ALIENS as a dark shot film by it?s nature and Predator the real life set in the Jungles, that are almost always in the shadows of the trees.

I feel like I ordered the City Hunter from prime 1 about ten years ago lol. How long do we think it will take for this to actually ship? Do they ever stick to their estimates or was it simply covid that led to so many delays?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I feel like I ordered the City Hunter from prime 1 about ten years ago lol. How long do we think it will take for this to actually ship? Do they ever stick to their estimates or was it simply covid that led to so many delays?

Maybe they are just busy finishing the true third scale City Hunter Museum Master piece :rotfl

Hopefully someone will send them this too . . . I re-adjusted the original photo kindly created by kohiba99 yesterday . . .

image.png

They replied..let's hope it will be useful.

Capture.JPG

UK guys, what are we expecting the price to be from UK suppliers like collectiblesdirect? It ain't gonna be cheap.

UK guys, what are we expecting the price to be from UK suppliers like collectiblesdirect? It ain't gonna be cheap.

Probably too much. For big ticket items like this, they often work out pretty similar to the direct price which kind of defeats their purpose. But maybe they will surprise us, who knows...

Personally I think it looks perfect as is. The Predator always did look pretty thick in the torso, and it's great to see a statue finally capture that.

I think it looks fine from the side, but dumpy from the front. It is possible that camera tricks are at play, hopefully we'll get to see lots more of this soon.

. . . I think it looks fine from the side, but dumpy from the front. It is possible that camera tricks are at play, hopefully we'll get to see lots more of this soon.

Ah - the infamous "camera angles", "lighting", lense flare etc. :wink1:

Nah - he's a teletubbie . . . plain and simple :)

You're probably right. Maybe they'll slim him out. It does look perfectly fine from other angles however. I do think it's just the width from the front.

Easy solution - always display him facing the wall :)

I don't know how open to suggestions PRIME1 are - especially when they've gone to all the trouble of creating a prototype of this standard. I've seen them tweak head sculpts (etc.) before, and it is a digital sculpt that is more easily corrected, so who knows.

Besides - some folks seem to prefer him this way - so maybe PRIME1 want it like this.

Back