Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool - I can live vicariously through you fellas.

I was, however, concerned when I heard a couple of lines differently the last time I re-watched the movie . . .

"There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna buy."

Closely followed by . . .

"Come on! Bill me! I'm here! Come on! Do it now! Bill me!"

It's probably time for my medication.

If it needs, we can bill it...😏

Same. All the heads are just going to make the bust all the pricier. I was hoping it would be close to the price of the Joker bust.

Looks like they may be intending to provide multiple purchase options/combinations. Perhaps they are waiting on feedback via social-media before deciding for sure?

I'm hoping for something around the $500-$550 mark for each "bust +1 head" combo, and if Sideshow put "Mr. Suspicious" up for preorder, that would finish off my reward points nicely!

I'll definitely be getting the bust, unless they ask crazy money for it. I think it looks incredible as its own little display. And as an added bonus, the new "suspicious" head is probably my favourite of the bunch. I love that it's looking upwards which changes the dynamics of the over all look. I'll likely switch between that and the movie mask with the other being on the bust as a separate display when not in use.

I will say this also, I'm still wary at how much I'm investing in this, $5k+ and whatever the bust is on top is probably the most I'll ever spend on something like this and obviously I'm hoping that Prime 1 will deliver a product worthy of the cost. I tend to lose interest over time and be less interested in actually buying statues I'm seeing on the forums etc, this is partly why I introduced my own private rule of not making impulsive purchases, and not ordering things on day one (Excluding Alien & Prdeator stuff on occasion) It's saved me a fortune over the last 4 years or so. But this statue.... This thing still blows me away every time I look at it. If anything, this is the opposite to normal, I think I actually like this more and more as time goes on. If Prime 1 can nail this, it will undoubtedly be a timeless "Grail" that will command attention every single time I pass whichever room I end up placing it in. It'll be one of those statues that just make you smile on occasion, and I so hope that Prime 1 learn from the 1/4, go back to their old ways a little and do us all good with this.

Here's a picture of the bust just looking amazing on its own.

TicqNU4.jpg

That feeling your describing is priceless and doesn't happen often, like maybe once every few years if even that. If a statue tugs at your heart more and more over time, it's a must buy imo. This one is no exception, I can lose interest if I don't look at it for a few months but once I get a glimpse of it again, that mad love rush strikes again. I think the little tiny extra details is what makes all the difference for high end statues, esp for hardcore fans as they can see things most casual collectors cannot. If a statue can suspend your belief even for a second and make you think your looking at the real thing, then it's done is job. Artistic perfection.

Or simply, buy what you love which can vary among collectors taste, but in this case, a lot of us are falling equally hard for this 1/3 JH.

Last edited:
Looks like they may be intending to provide multiple purchase options/combinations. Perhaps they are waiting on feedback via social-media before deciding for sure?

I'm hoping for something around the $500-$550 mark for each "bust +1 head" combo, and if Sideshow put "Mr. Suspicious" up for preorder, that would finish off my reward points nicely!

I think that's what Prime 1 did with their Pennywise right? 3 different swappable portraits/busts that could be purchased individually or as a set

I'll definitely be getting the bust, unless they ask crazy money for it. I think it looks incredible as its own little display. And as an added bonus, the new "suspicious" head is probably my favourite of the bunch. I love that it's looking upwards which changes the dynamics of the over all look. I'll likely switch between that and the movie mask with the other being on the bust as a separate display when not in use.

I will say this also, I'm still wary at how much I'm investing in this, $5k+ and whatever the bust is on top is probably the most I'll ever spend on something like this and obviously I'm hoping that Prime 1 will deliver a product worthy of the cost. I tend to lose interest over time and be less interested in actually buying statues I'm seeing on the forums etc, this is partly why I introduced my own private rule of not making impulsive purchases, and not ordering things on day one (Excluding Alien & Prdeator stuff on occasion) It's saved me a fortune over the last 4 years or so. But this statue.... This thing still blows me away every time I look at it. If anything, this is the opposite to normal, I think I actually like this more and more as time goes on. If Prime 1 can nail this, it will undoubtedly be a timeless "Grail" that will command attention every single time I pass whichever room I end up placing it in. It'll be one of those statues that just make you smile on occasion, and I so hope that Prime 1 learn from the 1/4, go back to their old ways a little and do us all good with this.

Here's a picture of the bust just looking amazing on its own.

TicqNU4.jpg
I am thinking is it possible that the classic masked head will have a different angle than the unmasked head (closed mouth)? On the busts it looks like they are looking at different directions. Cannot wait for my 1/3 statue. I hope the paint will turn out very good. This deserves it.

The limited closed-mouth bust is the only version to include an expandable medkit and will not be available on Sideshow, according to a comment from Prime 1.

Based on another comment from Prime 1 today, the "limited" bit means we'll know the ES when it goes up for order. It won't remain open for several months like their usual products. Could still be a substantial amount of pieces, though.

I'll probably just bite the bullet and order direct from Prime1. Shipping from them can't be too bad to the US on a 1/3 bust can it?

Back