Prime 1 Lifesize Alien Big Chap Wall Mount

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's more expensive than I expected. At least it's got a fairly decent ES number at 350. Although they may double that if the open mouth version goes up soon also....

This would look a lot better if they took the arch out of the top lip and made it flat with the gum line across the top teeth.

I think this piece was designed by this boards own user Locusta.

If I understand one of his Instagram posts correctly too, he is also doing their Big Chap statue.

I think this piece was designed by this boards own user Locusta.

If I understand one of his Instagram posts correctly too, he is also doing their Big Chap statue.

I would really hope that the full statue captures a lot more accuracy than this thing. This is nice enough, but it is heavily stylised. That's fine, but if you stylise the statue and then release it into a market that has the CP and Mamegyorai versions, it isn't going to look very good for Prime 1.

LIkv9s2.jpg

They have never said anything about the eggs, I think they just use them at shows. But I'll bet they will put them up for sale at some point....

Thoughts?

It’s awesome! I love it there is one tendon I guess you’d call it on the side of the jaw that has a gap instead on being flush when you look at the right angle I’ll take a picture that was the only thing that bugged me about it, also hanging it was a major pain I had to build a box behind it because my studs are 16” apart and the holes for mounting are 11”. But the quality, sculpting, painting and the presence it makes far outweigh the nitpicks. I pore ordered before the open mouth Version so knowing that I would have waited.

You don’t notice it unless you look at it from behind which is almost impossible mounted I had to search for it this time so it’s not an issue 551D343B-3E8A-4FC3-9074-523D6DF61F6B.jpg

There's way too many black lines in various places, they required subtlety. But other than that, it looks nice. I think the closed mouth version looks way better personally anyway.

idGpgCl.jpg

Yeah, those lines on the side should be much lighter and softer. A bit of additional shading and "dirt" in that area would also help reduce their impact.

Having that said, I actually like how this turned out. Paint app on the base is quite detailed and I'm glad they went through the trouble of highlighting every bit of ribbing on the tubes. The whole piece has great presence when lit from below, so good call on that. Should be especially nice in a darker room.

I appreciate the input and comments about it and how I displayed it! I’m easy to please in this hobby so while there are some things that could be more accurate I still see the nostalgia from seeing this movie for the first time and finally seeing alien and how awesome the design was so to have this I feel pretty lucky it brings me back to those times and ultimately why I collect everything in my collection means something to me, I’m just glad there are companies that produce this stuff and it’s cool to experience through the years the leaps and bounds of how far collectibles have come and how detailed they get! Just cool to be a part of

Aliens have been done to death and at this point they should be nailing the details. Especially for the prices they are charging.

Back