Statue Prime 1: Godzilla vs. Kong - Mechagodzilla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
GI9B17g.jpg

ttvGWCh.jpg

XlvI4ic.jpg

g4idXLy.jpg

ksLOOeu.jpg

Design is OK and didn't really do much in the film.
The design was awful. Typical of everything that's a re-do and supposed to be new and improved these days. Hyper Realistic, details on top of details on top of details, larger than ever, faster than ever & stronger than ever with zero charm whatsoever. The worst MechaG ever to disgrace the screen IMO

Originally, rumors were that Mechagodzilla was actually disguised as Godzilla, like it had a fake skin covering it and at some point it was going to get torn away to show that it was really Mechagodzilla. Do you think that was true? The rumors came from some early toy designs which were a couple years ago. If so, it would have required a much different design since it would have had to fit within the shape of Godzilla and the final design definitely does not.

The toys at that point in time were a match to the final Mechagodzilla design. I don't think the disguise concept was ever anything more than fan theory based on the fact that it happened in the original '74 film and some of the early material showed Godzilla in confrontation with humanity, which was reminiscent of that original film as well.

The design was awful. Typical of everything that's a re-do and supposed to be new and improved these days. Hyper Realistic, details on top of details on top of details, larger than ever, faster than ever & stronger than ever with zero charm whatsoever. The worst MechaG ever to disgrace the screen IMO
Yep. Felt out of place in the film.

I actually like the pose on this. Thought they'd have gone for the movie poster pose where his back is the focal point, but they managed to do something different that gives him a heavy, lumbering feel. Should be a showstopper in any collection if they can the finish to look this metallic on the final product.

Design is cool, suits the Legendary universe well, it's just not my favorite. Better than Mechagodzilla '93, but not as cool as Kiryu.

Design is cool, suits the Legendary universe well, it's just not my favorite. Better than Mechagodzilla '93, but not as cool as Kiryu.
no way, this guy is handsome as hell.

iu

this thing is an abomination. an artistic mess. Visually 2021 MechaG has little to no redeeming qualities. His spikes look like jet wings ...dozens of jet wings for Pete's sake.

mechagodzilla-feature-image.jpg

I actually really like the design, it's my second favorite.

1. '74/'75
2. 2021
3. Kiryu
4. '93

If my memory serves me correctly you also thought the G13 MUTOs were cool. They were terrible.

Even Ready Player One MechaG is much more tasteful than this.

Back