Prime 1 - Dog Alien 1/3 Scale XL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100%. I speak from experience, that wasn't hyperbole. I still haven't received my Prime 1 Aliens piece.

Honestly I find us alien p1 collectors have semi been disrespected by p1. The chap fiasco with the back packaging and no replacements. Small head base that falls over...then a new version cheaper and improved comes out. Then we get this XL line rendering our old line almost useless by being 1/3 but not really 1/3. Just seems like p1 is all in the wrong decisions for an ALIEN line. What is Romulus is incredible and the ALIEN is awesome in it? Will they make it XL 1/3 or just the other regular 1/3? So silly and disrespectful.

Honestly I find us alien p1 collectors have semi been disrespected by p1. The chap fiasco with the back packaging and no replacements. Small head base that falls over...then a new version cheaper and improved comes out. Then we get this XL line rendering our old line almost useless by being 1/3 but not really 1/3. Just seems like p1 is all in the wrong decisions for an ALIEN line. What is Romulus is incredible and the ALIEN is awesome in it? Will they make it XL 1/3 or just the other regular 1/3? So silly and disrespectful.
The new XL line doesn't nullify the old one. Some folks don't like their statues oversized and would prefer truer (or at least smaller) scales, especially if they collect stuff from other movies. Or maybe they don't want an artsy base with miniatures built in.

I'm just glad Prime 1 is taking their time with these (only a tease so far). Gives Queen more time to cook their 1/3 maquette, assuming it's still happening.

The new XL line doesn't nullify the old one. Some folks don't like their statues oversized and would prefer truer (or at least smaller) scales, especially if they collect stuff from other movies. Or maybe they don't want an artsy base with miniatures built in.

I'm just glad Prime 1 is taking their time with these (only a tease so far). Gives Queen more time to cook their 1/3 maquette, assuming it's still happening.
Is Queen studio will make a 1/3 predator or only alien?

I mean I just thought of it coolprops big chap is smaller than the prime 1 big chap. So technically the "1/3 xl" is probably 1/2 scale with a 1/3 license.

I mean I just thought of it coolprops big chap is smaller than the prime 1 big chap. So technically the "1/3 xl" is probably 1/2 scale with a 1/3 license.
Ah, that's a good point. They already cheesed the scale with the OG 1/3 line by a few inches. Still not egregious though, they don't feel terribly out of scale next to other 1/3 pieces.

I guess Prime 1 is really just catering to those who expect Aliens to be at least as tall as - if not taller than - Predators (which is inaccurate if we compare actor heights, but fans want what they want).

looks like they doin XL version of dog,bigchap,warrior - this is 100% confirmed by someone from prime1 on fb collecting site 🙄😂

looks like they doin XL version of dog,bigchap,warrior - this is 100% confirmed by someone from prime1 on fb collecting site 🙄😂
It's interesting that they are doing it even though the already over sized 1/3 pieces didn't sell crazy well (warrior, chap).They could have just kept them in scale and done different versions etc or even a 1/3 Ripley Blitzway (hoping jnd does it)
Rumor has it the new xl dog is an old sculpt by the sculptor that doesn't even work there anymore and the piece wasn't approved of for the original dog and probably wasnt even paid for...(I won't say how I know that)

Something about this line just feels off the original ALIEN 1-3 really has nothing to do with Predator. So it doesn't even make sense to have them scale with eachother. I mean p1s queen is still available years later. Why not do a complimentary bust of a queen 1/3 or 1/4?
I mean if this piece is amazing I'll probably order it but the whole line just seems very strange.

My waitlist converted for Megatron 1 from the first Transformers picture… so I won’t be preordering this unfortunately.. That is unless it’s get real busy with work and can afford it. We will see.

Back