Prime 1/Blitzway - Terminator 2 T-800 endoskeleton 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See that's the thing? THIS is perspective, but they put this downward curve on ALL when looking straight at you.
THAT's the mistake.
It'll need an articulated head, to make it face downwards for that death stare. The head is fixed straight and won't be able to pull off that killer stare. I guess prime 1 couldn't do much unless they connect head and neck by ball joint. Which would probably add another $100 to the statue lol.

I'm fine with the adjusted menacing brow, looks killer to me.

It'll need an articulated head, to make it face downwards for that death stare. The head is fixed straight and won't be able to pull off that killer stare. I guess prime 1 couldn't do much unless they connect head and neck by ball joint. Which would probably add another $100 to the statue lol.

I'm fine with the adjusted menacing brow, looks killer to me.

To be fair: you like it and I give you that, but P1 said that the most important thing is the head and THIS, then, needs to be accurate.
Accuracy then demands, that there is a neutral expression when looking straight at you and you only get your "death stare",
when you contort yourself up.
Simple.

...and your reaction after you let it sink in? :lol

"You must wait at least 6 seconds before performing this action."
NO!

I've gotten over the shock 😂 I'm still gonna pre-order. I'm just taking my time, as I still have the City Hunter Predator bust coming... That's 4 statues this years from Prime 1 in total (Jungle Hunter limited closed-mouth bust, DUNE Paul Atreides and Aliens Ripley) I've got so far 😅

To be fair: you like it and I give you that, but P1 said that the most important thing is the head and THIS, then, needs to be accurate.
Accuracy then demands, that there is a neutral expression when looking straight at you and you only get your "death stare",
when you contort yourself up.
Simple.
I guess prime 1 needed to make a choice, either artistic impression to give it some fluidity or straight accuracy above all else. Middle ground generally translates better for statues, and I think overall prime 1 is still gunning for accuracy, but not above all else e.g the angulated rifles of both arms. In the movie, the endo holds the rifle straight, whereas here it is angled to give it more 'personality'.

The eyes don't bother me but the rifle, esp the swap out one does.

I've gotten over the shock 😂 I'm still gonna pre-order
Yeah, I think I'll be giving in, eventually. I did play around with inflation calculator, and the DXS is equivalent to $1200 back in 2005 when the CM endo was released, and that went for $1500, so 20% cheaper than CM.

Csutkakoma is right, in saying the price is not too bad. In isolation it isn't, but with everything else going on especially inflation, it can feel expensive. Or maybe I am just trying to convince myself it's not too expensive so I can buy it 😂

For me I'm very content with the accuracy. The main thing I notice is different is the shape of the eye sockets. On the hero puppet (to the right), the upper part of the socket is curved up, whereas on the P1 endo it's curved down to give a more menacing look. Personally I can live with this, as the menacing look is something I like. If you wanted screen-accuracy, this could turn some people off.
View attachment 668693
Say cheese! :LOL:

Personally I think Prime has struck a good balance between accuracy and artistic impression. I think the statue as a whole embodies the spirit of the endoskeleton and it is unmistakably a T2 endoskeleton. I think there has to be an element of artistry in these pieces, and Prime 1 has always expressed this in their pieces (just look at some of their bases). For me it looks like how I imagine an endo looking - pitiless, remorseless, fearless, ready to kill. I can forgive a missing tube or a misshapen eye socket if the piece screams Terminator to me, and this does in buckets.

Yeah, I think I'll be giving in, eventually. I did play around with inflation calculator, and the DXS is equivalent to $1200 back in 2005 when the CM endo was released, and that went for $1500, so 20% cheaper than CM.
This is huge, I always fail to account for this factor. This really helps to provide perspective on pricing.

Prime1`s sculpt on the eye sockets is false and looks really, really bad
Can tag Johnny and let him know if it's really bothering you. Chances are they are done with adjustments, but you never know with prime 1.

Personally it doesn't bother me if they leave it as is or change it. Either way is a win for me.

This is huge, I always fail to account for this factor. This really helps to provide perspective on pricing.
I guess its human nature to look at nominal figures only, but yeah real terms wise, inflation sure is a beast withering down value of the dollar.

Ordered the Deluxe, with the cheaper shipping ;p. Been wanting a decent endo forever but could never get in on the ground floor of other releases. Can’t imagine finding a better combination of size, style and film accuracy for a while, unless one of those 10 all-metal 1/6 endos becomes available for less than a mortgage payment.

I think it is safe to assume we are in the last hurray regarding Terminator 2. They are not gonna be made forever. Same with RoboCop.

I've got a feeling and something tells me, Prime 1 is gonna make Robocop after this T2 line.

A clean and battle damaged Robocop would be an instant PO for me.

I've got a feeling and something tells me, Prime 1 is gonna make Robocop after this T2 line.

A clean and battle damaged Robocop would be an instant PO for me.
Well yeah! I bought the PCS RoboCop but something tells me Prime 1 eventually gonna make one and it will probably be superior to the PCS one. But it will take a long time to be released.

Back