Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my update... $828 LOL! At least they actually emailed me this time rather than just upping the price without telling me and charging it as they did with my City Hunter. Obviously I'm not paying this. If I wasn't so disappointed, It'd be almost funny.

Just got my update... $828 LOL! At least they actually emailed me this time rather than just upping the price without telling me and charging it as they did with my City Hunter. Obviously I'm not paying this. If I wasn't so disappointed, It'd be almost funny.

As much as I am annoyed that they can think they can get away with charging us that amount, I still really want this. Even if we paid that stupid shipping charge, it’d still work out cheaper than I can find one locally at present.

Think I’ll wait a couple of months & see what pops up on the secondary market. With all these cancellations, I’m sure this’ll be around for a good few months yet. If not, so be it!

I got a quote of $757 for my standard shipping to the U.S., which I will not pay. I asked them for a quote on economy shipping. If that is ridiculously high as well, I will pass.

I got a quote of $757 for my standard shipping to the U.S., which I will not pay. I asked them for a quote on economy shipping. If that is ridiculously high as well, I will pass.

The other board said they got quoted 220.00 for economy to the US.

I just put in the same request.. Strange as I thought that is what I originally asked for.. But there is a chance I wanted the standard. Its been a while.

This really sucks for those that cant get the economy shipping. I know its easy to blame P1 but is it their fault in this case? I cant believe they would up the price like that if it wasnt really an issue. They are loosing lots of PO's

Cancelled my order . . .
Just got exactly the same hike to the UK. What a joke.
Just had my come through this morning. Cancelled too.
Already paid $1050, so let?s see if they honour the full refund, including the NRD.
Nah, I'm done. Not even ordering locally, never going to own a Prime1 now.
As much as I am annoyed that they can think they can get away with charging us that amount, I still really want this. Even if we paid that stupid shipping charge, it?d still work out cheaper than I can find one locally at present.
Think I?ll wait a couple of months & see what pops up on the secondary market. With all these cancellations, I?m sure this?ll be around for a good few months yet. If not, so be it!

So, due to them taking money out of my PayPal account without authorisation, I've been hassling them since last week to cancel and refund everything they had been paid.

City Hunter
  • I opened a case with PayPal, WON that, and got the "unauthorised" balance payment fully refunded without any loss due to exchange rates.
  • PRIME1 also refunded the deposit, but I lost $11.37 CAD on exchange rates. I'll take that up with my Credit Card company once I get the Jungle Hunter refund (see below).

Jungle Hunter
  • They were no longer responding to my requests for a refund of my deposit, and their last statement was that if I cancelled, I would lose that.
  • THEN, this-morning, they send an email with an $836 USD shipping quote, and the option to cancel with full refund . . . which I obviously DID (idiots!) Haven't heard back from them yet. I'll likely lose another $22 CAD (approx.) on exchange rates, but will tackle both this & the CH "loss" when they are both showing on the account.

Also - I discovered that along with the "sneaky" addition to our PayPal accounts that allows PRIME1 to take money whenever they want (I removed that from PayPal), there is ALSO an agreement on our PRIME1 account - so I've now deleted THAT too!

I haven't finished with PRIME1 yet, I'm going to try to escalate up the management chain until I get someone that speaks good English, and I'll then ask them if they realise how their general approach & poor customer service has lost them respect & business - for both taking payments when asked not to, plus only offering ECONOMY shipping to customers in the USA (yeah - because Canada is a different continent - NOT :rolleyes: ).

As much as I am annoyed that they can think they can get away with charging us that amount, I still really want this. Even if we paid that stupid shipping charge, it’d still work out cheaper than I can find one locally at present.

Think I’ll wait a couple of months & see what pops up on the secondary market. With all these cancellations, I’m sure this’ll be around for a good few months yet. If not, so be it!

This is true, but mostly because CDUK's price on this has been stupidly high from day one. What's the point of a local distributor if direct purchases are cheaper even with ludicrous shipping charges added on. I think you're wise to wait and see. I don't really want to fully cancel this, but I will see what Prime 1's response is to me asking if their updated shipping cost is accurate. Ideally they will sort out a better option for us international guys, if not I might ask them to hold it for a while. They must be receiving so many cancellations on this, it's very much in their interest to sort out better shipping options for the rest of the world....

I paid $5.5K AUD for him on the Australian Facebook Statue group. $4K for the SS Maquette exclusive. Killer prices for both pieces. Most of the rare stuff never makes it onto eBay. Gotta be on those groups.

Dang I don't use Facebook lol. Might need to create an account so I can find the more rarer pieces. 5.5 AUD is still a good price for the CM pred. Only if prime 1 JH wasn't crouching my search would have been done, can just grab it locally as the shipping prices have gone nuts for internationals.

Wow, with so many cancellations, I wonder what Prime 1 is going to do?

They going to have to drop these ridiculous shipping prices or offer economy shipping option. I paid $480 for my 1/2 scale which I thought was a killer and now $800 for a 1/4? It's beyond silly

So with everyone cancelling their direct order from Prime 1, this and the city hunter, who will be looking towards local retailers instead?
Or has everyone given up on the Prime 1 product? And putting their faith in Infinity Studios?
This has got me worried for the Big Chap now, but i'm not sure if i would cancel as i want it so much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

So with everyone cancelling their direct order from Prime 1, this and the city hunter, who will be looking towards local retailers instead? Or has everyone given up on the Prime 1 product? And putting their faith in Infinity Studios?

This has got me worried for the Big Chap now, but i'm not sure if i would cancel as i want it so much.

Not looking for local, and won't be buying from PRIME1 going forward because of how their customer service behaved.

The shipping prices for EXPRESS are out of their control - so THAT bit isn't their fault - but they should still be offering ECONOMY to more countries.

As regards your "Big Chap" order, if you really want it, wait for the revised quote, and if the shipping is unacceptable, ask them to hold your order until the shipping prices come down. No problem - game over :)

PS: Make sure to adjust your PayPal account and PRIME1 account to remove the "pre-authorised payments" features so you can control when you pay !!!!

So with everyone cancelling their direct order from Prime 1, this and the city hunter, who will be looking towards local retailers instead?
Or has everyone given up on the Prime 1 product? And putting their faith in Infinity Studios?

Really depends if big chap is one or two boxes. If one, I don't think it will be too bad but can't say for two boxes as it seems this is what is triggering a huge increase in price difference for standard shipping.

Went local from the start, Secret Compass for the Jungle Hunter and Spec Fiction for everything else. Secret Compass' scale vs. postage chart suggests less than $100 to ship each of these. Spec Fiction had a free shipping deal on some of them, albeit with a $50 upcharge added to the main price.

Not looking for local, and won't be buying from PRIME1 going forward because of how their customer service behaved.

The shipping prices for EXPRESS are out of their control - so THAT bit isn't their fault - but they should still be offering ECONOMY to more countries.

PS: Make sure to adjust your PayPal account and PRIME1 account to remove the "pre-authorised payments" features so you can control when you pay !!!!

Wow no Prime1 at all. The pieces do look nice but when you drop the ball on customer service, people tend to notice.

Thanks for the advice on the paypal situation, will look into it now.

Really depends if big chap is one or two boxes. If one, I don't think it will be too bad but can't say for two boxes as it seems this is what is triggering a huge increase in price difference for standard shipping.

It is a huge piece so maybe two boxes. Will have to wait and see. Being in Australia you kind of expect high shipping costs

Went local from the start, Secret Compass for the Jungle Hunter and Spec Fiction for everything else. Secret Compass' scale vs. postage chart suggests less than $100 to ship each of these. Spec Fiction had a free shipping deal on some of them, albeit with a $50 upcharge added to the main price.

Those are prepandemic quotes that are subject to change. I'm wondering what they will end up being. I have mine through Secret compass as well.

Back