Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:yess:

Looks even better on the videos.

My most serious concern now is that light bleed through the wrist console - I'm hoping that's just because it can be notoriously difficult to get light-up features to show up properly on video.

REALLY appreciate the share - thanks! :hi5:

Gotta commemorate the guy for spending the time to take videos for everyone having doubts. Hopefully everyone gets AT LEAST what he got. Seems to be a good statue, but wouldn't put itbup there with CM / Winston Maquette like I did the proto

Very nice, looks much better, the colour and all. Can't see much head tilt in those videos too, so it may just be the camera angle as some have pointed out. The sculpt is amazing and looking at the pose and base, it's not an easy statue to make, a lot more complex than the others.

Thanks for sharing mate!

That is the best picture of it yet. I think it looks good there. Even the teeth are painted better than the first images. I think the paint on the dots and giraffe colors could be better. But it is the best picture yet.

Screenshot_20210428-201926_Chrome.jpg

Looks good in the videos, but man, I just wish I could reach my hand through the screen and block that white light from hitting the top of the head. Need to see the darn spots. :lol

Ah, well. If the forehead winds up being the only serious problem area, shouldn't be too costly/difficult to repaint.

If the collector on the right didn't get an early or rejected sample (assuming Prime 1 would admit to that happening at all), I would hope they're able to exchange theirs. Then again, there's still a lot of high-contrast lighting going on in Leo's setup - even in the video.

We'll probably see more photos and videos pop up in the coming weeks. The Jungle Hunter definitely sold better than the City Hunter, so there should be no shortage of images - good and bad.

Well theres been about 4 statues going around all with similar issues. Ill be holding my order until they ask to ship it to me. If no improvements are seen, ill be cancelling based on these early phoros. Hope im wrong as i truly believe this could be one of, if not the definitive predator statue

I've only seen the one with the mandible issue :|

I think the first couple may have been rejected. Overstocked pieces. Possibly testing statues. The quills don't even look the same at all. Okay so maybe there is a light for sure.
Why is collecting such a Rollercoaster?? I'm not even getting this and I'm having panic attacks for people hahah.
The Big Chap better not have first pics like this has.

Why is collecting such a Rollercoaster?? I'm not even getting this and I'm having panic attacks for people hahah.
The Big Chap better not have first pics like this has.

It's strange to say, but these last few days remind me of the way the Aliens & Robots section used to be. Statues of classic characters that people actually want, companies with enough potential to inspire hope in the final product, and enough interest that the threads get bumped several times a day with everything from excitement to over-analysis.

In a nutshell, signs of life. :duff

Jim-Carey_Excited.gif

Haha it is exciting but that one image of the wonky tooth and bug eye yellow paint predator is going go haunt collectors for years

Something is fishy with the one on the right these don't even look relatable hahaha. Seriously.
View attachment 511999

Left one is a blooded yautja who has done the rounds and is a certified badass.
Right one is a wannabe yautja about to get facehugged, you can see it in his eyes!

On a serious note, really like the close mouth portrait, got that menacing and pissed off pred look.

I know it's hard to picture, but the more you look at these, the more alike they are. In the sense that all of the same cues are there, even down to the exact same shape of the veins on his mouth. The black dots are all the same size and style, the skin texture etc is exactly the same, everything is there on both. At first glance, this looks like a picture of two statues of vastly different quality, but I think it's much more certainly an example of two images of different quality. One is taken on a potato and hides details, the other is edited to within an inch of its life and exagerates colours etc. I suspect the statue tht arrives at our doors will sit somewhere in between this in terms of how it looks in reality.

Something is fishy with the one on the right these don't even look relatable hahaha. Seriously.
View attachment 511999

Back