Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God some pple these days, wtf would I say it if I did not own it? Mask is in the box because I don't use it. The site is having issues right now says I don't have permission to perform this action for some reason. I will keep trying but believe what ever you want. But I am not going to say something if I don't own the statue.
View attachment 464726

Why bother posting a photo of the UNMASKED? It does nothing to prove you have the EX.

Moreover, you shot yourself in the foot again by admitting that you don’t even have the helmet displayed...yet you posted that you don’t see any difference between the P1 helmet and the SS EX helmet. How would you know given the masked version has been sitting in a box because you “don’t use it”? Hilarious.

Why bother posting a photo of the UNMASKED? It does nothing to prove you have the EX.

Moreover, you shot yourself in the foot again by admitting that you don’t even have the helmet displayed...yet you posted that you don’t see any difference between the P1 helmet and the SS EX helmet. How would you know given the masked version has been sitting in a box because you “don’t use it”? Hilarious.

Excellent use of your 17th post. If you would like to use your 18th to pick a fight with me that will be fine. It's how we make friends on this forum!

So Secret Compass is now an official Prime 1 retailer. Shipping out of Colorado with no CA sales tax so that's a plus. However, no exclusives but they are carrying DX versions. They've been adding quite a bit of P1 products in the last couple of days.

This is good news indeed. I always hate ordering from SS due to CA sales tax.

Excellent use of your 17th post. If you would like to use your 18th to pick a fight with me that will be fine. It's how we make friends on this forum!

No use to even bother replying this guy. Some pple are here just to act like a child. Why I even posted a photo to this guy and give him the time or day is my fault of stupidity. The feed you in a take the bait dawg. Anyways, take it easy man!

The best looking Predator 1 masks seen personally are the one on the SS maquette Ex. and then the lifesize piece done by HCG IMO and signed by Stan Winston in 2008 or so. Most of the other P1 masks I've seen seem like just generic predator masks, too wide and fat, too round etc. like this one. Statue is awesome though, unmasked head looks good.

Yep, the only other one that is out there is one from the OG molds before it fell apart. A guy from the hunters lair sold them years ago. I forget why I sold mine, but it was dead on with the maquette. I'm glad the Prime is better in some ways and my maquette is better in ways (mostly due to the mask) and being backed by Stan. Gives me reason to have both.

If I get this this would be the only time I would ever pose the piece with an open mouth portrait instead of a closed or Masked version... Opened mouth fits this piece very well.

Agreed.

So Secret Compass is now an official Prime 1 retailer. Shipping out of Colorado with no CA sales tax so that's a plus. However, no exclusives but they are carrying DX versions. They've been adding quite a bit of P1 products in the last couple of days.

Spec fiction is also able to get DX version, but I don't know what their shipping rates are like for Prime pieces.

Thanks for the compliment & invitation but I have enough friends.

17 in 2 years. You might be waiting for awhile.
Wrong.
Wrong.
No use to even bother replying this guy. Some pple are here just to act like a child. Why I even posted a photo to this guy and give him the time or day is my fault of stupidity. The feed you in a take the bait dawg. Anyways, take it easy man!
As suspected, your response is simply an attempt to deflect from your flawed logic (how can you say the SS EX helmet/mask is no different than the P1 given you apparently don’t even have it in your line of sight—stored away in a box lol), and flawed perception (given the fact that the differences are self-evident—see other posts).

I am super curious as to how the editions will break down.
If the regular versions had the 3 portraits then I would be thrilled.
I'm not planning to purchase the body and don't need the Gort head so if that is the EX that's cool.

Pretty excited for the PO

Just the unmasked portraits without the extra base would be just fine. The rest is unnecessary and distracts from the excellent sculpt.

You can make a case for this looking better than the SWS maquette over all and you'd have a very valid case (I'm not sold on that yet) But the mask on the SWS is infinitely superior. Prime 1's is decent, but it could certainly benefit from some improvements. It is slightly too wide in parts, the texture and damage is entirely made up which alters the overall look and the lenses are completely incorrect and inferior to the much older SWS version which made the effort of adding separate lenses from the rear. They also gave the guardian mask a mesh lens which is incorrect, it was altered to that when it was eventually used in Predator 2, but it should be a shiny black plastic. I actually sent P1 a fairly detailed email with a few suggestions and loads of pictures. Their reply was essentially that there were different masks made (there wasn't any that look more like Prime 1's as far as I know) and that this is a comic version (It very clearly isn't) so I doubt it will change. Some may say it's a nitpick, and it might well be, but I have the EX SWS maquette sat next to me, and those lenses make a huge difference imo, it's dark and they are still shining away making it look alive. Well worth the added effort given how much Prime 1 has already put into this. Although they are too light a silver even on the SWS....

dbqNXPW.jpg

SXuI0ag.jpg

bbK5m4X.png
This. Exactly.

Envoy? de mon Redmi Note 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

You can make a case for this looking better than the SWS maquette over all and you'd have a very valid case (I'm not sold on that yet) But the mask on the SWS is infinitely superior. Prime 1's is decent, but it could certainly benefit from some improvements. It is slightly too wide in parts, the texture and damage is entirely made up which alters the overall look and the lenses are completely incorrect and inferior to the much older SWS version which made the effort of adding separate lenses from the rear. They also gave the guardian mask a mesh lens which is incorrect, it was altered to that when it was eventually used in Predator 2, but it should be a shiny black plastic. I actually sent P1 a fairly detailed email with a few suggestions and loads of pictures. Their reply was essentially that there were different masks made (there wasn't any that look more like Prime 1's as far as I know) and that this is a comic version (It very clearly isn't) so I doubt it will change. Some may say it's a nitpick, and it might well be, but I have the EX SWS maquette sat next to me, and those lenses make a huge difference imo, it's dark and they are still shining away making it look alive. Well worth the added effort given how much Prime 1 has already put into this. Although they are too light a silver even on the SWS....

dbqNXPW.jpg

SXuI0ag.jpg

bbK5m4X.png

Man I hate that game. I already bought the City Hunter from P1 and waiting for the Jungle hunter...but I need the movie version...it makes you wonder if this is it at 1/4 or there will be another one which will clearly be from the first movie?

This one looks like it is from the first movie...but yeah the mask is too wide and the pred is a little too bulky...but other than that it is dead on. I dont want to buy this and later they will come up with one specifically from the movie with a little more accuracy and a better pose. And it looks like Prime 1 is not conforming that an other version is coming despite many people wondering.

Man I hate that game. I already bought the City Hunter from P1 and waiting for the Jungle hunter...but I need the movie version...it makes you wonder if this is it at 1/4 or there will be another one which will clearly be from the first movie?

This one looks like it is from the first movie...but yeah the mask is too wide and the pred is a little too bulky...but other than that it is dead on. I dont want to buy this and later they will come up with one specifically from the movie with a little more accuracy and a better pose. And it looks like Prime 1 is not conforming that an other version is coming despite many people wondering.

At this point, it is very clear that they are simply using the comic label as a loophole to make a product they may have struggled to produce otherwise. This thing is very obviously 100% the original Predator. It is a little disappointing that they would use the comic line as an excuse not to improve the mask, especially seeing as how they have otherwise made easily the best representation since the SWS maquette. You expect this from Sideshow (Only much worse to begin with) I kind of had a higher bar for P1, I imagine Infinity are working on an original Predator now, and I suspect there's will have the extra little details so Prime 1 could off set that a little now and make this the ultimate P1 statue with minimal extra effort. But at least it's still a very cool statue regardless.

They might make another in 1/3 eventually, but it's probably safe to assume that this is the only 1/4 P1 we'll see from Prime 1, despite it's official title.

At this point, it is very clear that they are simply using the comic label as a loophole to make a product they may have struggled to produce otherwise. This thing is very obviously 100% the original Predator. It is a little disappointing that they would use the comic line as an excuse not to improve the mask, especially seeing as how they have otherwise made easily the best representation since the SWS maquette. You expect this from Sideshow (Only much worse to begin with) I kind of had a higher bar for P1, I imagine Infinity are working on an original Predator now, and I suspect there's will have the extra little details so Prime 1 could off set that a little now and make this the ultimate P1 statue with minimal extra effort. But at least it's still a very cool statue regardless.

They might make another in 1/3 eventually, but it's probably safe to assume that this is the only 1/4 P1 we'll see from Prime 1, despite it's official title.

anna2.jpg

We begin finding our Sideshow Predators. We found them sometimes with their leg armor positioned wrong...and sometimes much, much worse.

I hope you are right.

Thanks for the compliment & invitation but I have enough friends.

Wrong.

Wrong.

As suspected, your response is simply an attempt to deflect from your flawed logic (how can you say the SS EX helmet/mask is no different than the P1 given you apparently don?t even have it in your line of sight?stored away in a box lol), and flawed perception (given the fact that the differences are self-evident?see other posts).

Never knew you were a psychiatrist or therapist You ever learn to stop talking, dude. You just know me like family don't you. How about not assuming things and go about your business. I forgot your opinion is the only one that matters. I can like what I want and say what I want I fought for freedom. Wtf have you done? What's also funny to me is that you keep repeating yourself over and over then use big words and try to justify that your right because you own it and I'm not right, because to you I don't own it but I very much do, but because I prefer to keep it in the box that is in storage. You go, assuming what ever you want. But keep going man, I am starting to find this amusing how much it seems to bother you and that you need to justify it to everyone on here, that I don't own it. I bet your a real peach in person. Now can we get back to whats relevant. But I'm sure you have to put your two sense in again and get the last word.

Back