Statue Prime 1 Arkham City Batman statue 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even at $500 I think I'll only buy a few that I really love. Any more than that I doubt they'd sell many. They can't charge 1/4 scale prices for 1/5 scale pieces with a very minimal base.

If Prime 1 want to offer something for those of us without huge amounts of space I wish they'd just make 1/3 scales with much smaller bases especially on the depth and width.

They can still do the huge diorama bases for those that want them but give us the choice as they are doing on some pieces with fabric or sculpted cape.

If Prime 1 want to offer something for those of us without huge amounts of space I wish they'd just make 1/3 scales with much smaller bases especially on the depth and width.

They can still do the huge diorama bases for those that want them but give us the choice as they are doing on some pieces with fabric or sculpted cape.

This would be ideal as I don't care much for bases anyway, but I don't think it's going to happen. In fact, I think that companies like Sideshow or P1 make these space consuming bases on purpose to justify their prices.

This would be ideal as I don't care much for bases anyway, but I don't think it's going to happen. In fact, I think that companies like Sideshow or P1 make these space consuming bases on purpose to justify their prices.

I would agree it's unlikely to happen. If they are making bases bigger solely to push prices up it would seem self defeating though. With giant bases I probably have room for no more than five 1/3 scale pieces. With more modest bases I would have room for about ten so ultimately they will lose a lot of money I would have spent with them. Obviously I'm only speaking for myself but I assume there are others in the same position.

I know there are collectors that love the epic bases Prime 1 does so I'm not suggesting they stop making them. Just offer another option for those of us that want the statue without the footprint of a diorama base. It would be disappointing to be pushed down to smaller scales because of the base rather than statue itself.

I agree with all of you but it might be that they want to keep these 1/5 scale as the best option for those collectors with limited space and/or money, and go all out on the larger scale pieces for those with more space /money

Prime 1's Batman Inc. has a rather small base so it will be interesting see whether the price reflects that.

Back