Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice look at this:

I'd gotten used to thinking of this as a smaller piece, but this video serves as a reminder that it's still huge. Just not as huge as the Jungle Hunter.

Anything would look big next to a couple of short French guys... but seriously, it is a bit shocking, and definitely in a good way!

Got the DXS in today. As planned, I'm keeping the open-mouthed portrait and stand -- which look surprisingly good next to the Jungle Hunter. With no room for my Dog Alien on the same Besta and the City Hunter on the way, I'm thinking these busts will need a more thoughtful display solution in the future. I'd been thinking of them as peripheral pieces, but they take up quite a bit of space.

The rest of the statue is just too big for me to hold onto. If anyone in the Austin area is looking to get an almost-DXS Warrior Alien for less than the standard, hit me up or the link under my signature.

PXL_20230706_225459070.jpg

Last edited:
Got the DXS in today. As planned, I'm keeping the open-mouthed portrait and stand -- which look surprisingly good next to the Jungle Hunter. With no room for my Dog Alien on the same Besta and the City Hunter on the way, I'm thinking these busts will need a more thoughtful display solution in the future. I'd been thinking of them as peripheral pieces, but they take up quite a bit of space.

The rest of the statue is just too big for me to hold onto. If anyone in the Austin area is looking to get an almost-DXS Warrior Alien for less than the standard, hit me up or the link under my signature.

View attachment 648574
Looks awesome! I'm due to pickup up mine from sugo sometime this month. Would you mind helping me out with the sizes of both shipping boxes if they are at hand? Just need to check the fit of my car, it's a station wagon but still. Thanks in advance, it is sure to be a good one from what I've seen!

Looks awesome! I'm due to pickup up mine from sugo sometime this month. Would you mind helping me out with the sizes of both shipping boxes if they are at hand? Just need to check the fit of my car, it's a station wagon but still. Thanks in advance, it is sure to be a good one from what I've seen!
Box A - 77 x 39 x 95 cm
Box B - 71 x 43 x 87 cm

So after speaking with sugo, it would seem I’m part of the last batch to arrive here. Their estimate is now October so I’ve got a bit more time to save for this beast. I guess the way the weeks are flying by at the moment I really don’t have that much longer to wait, and from what I’ve seen, it will worth it in the end

BTW. I find it curious that I received a low edition number, despite that I just got mine. This means that Prime 1 doesn’t really ship by number not order…they are all randomly picked. I think most of us don’t care about the number of any statue (my Sideshow Dutch is #3). I think maybe perhaps #1 might mean a lot to some collectors though.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
BTW. I find it curious that I received a low edition number, despite that I just got mine. This means that Prime 1 doesn’t really ship by number not order…they are all randomly picked. I think most of us don’t care about the number of any statue (my Sideshow Dutch is #3). I think maybe perhaps #1 might mean a lot to some collectors though.
Mines coming next month now in the last batch to my supplier (sugo). Was initially told August but what's a few extra months to wait. I'm hoping to get 86' for obvious reasons. I was only a few off on the limited predator bust when I got 84/500. It came out in 87'. It's all trivial I know but just a bit of fun that goes alot with my collecting. A low number is better though I feel, because by the 400th example they probably don't give a s$%t about qc!

One more thing. My statue did arrive in great shape, no breakages. However, the tail does slightly rest right on the arm. Does not have the space between them like the others I’ve seen. Not really bothers me, but was just curious and wrote Prime 1. They told me not to heat it with a hairdryer because it has a thin metal rod inside the tail. They told me to try and “finesse” the key on the back, and blah, blah, blah. Of course no offer of a replacement nor a little discount of any kind, typical. But no sweat, it’s okay…it’s not broke, just a bit more curved than usual. I’m still very happy with the statue, it’s amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks, guys! Since I only bought the Regular edition and not the Deluxe…I felt that it needed an extra proximity piece next to it, especially since it’s a huge base and didn’t get the Bonus Pulse Rifle.

Boy, my little Palisades Chestburster does look nice on the Warrior’s base…opposite side of its cousin, the Facehugger…

I have two Palisades Chestbursters…great detailed and bloody little statues…

You guys like?

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0782.jpeg
    IMG_0782.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5979.jpeg
    IMG_5979.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5982.jpeg
    IMG_5982.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Here I am, still waiting. Sugo has now told me early December they will have receipt of my warrior. Let’s see how that timeline goes. I wonder what Prime 1 tell them in communication to get it so very wrong. I can see why statue collectors lose interest in pieces that take 2 or more years to finish production, the excitement for such a thing simply fizzles out!

I hear you man. I cannot stand the way companies release a prototype to generate hype and excitement and then...two-plus years later they finally release the production run (piecemeal, no less). Few people here, few people there. This random country, that random country. Meanwhile you paid for the thing three years prior and now you'd absolutely love that $2k back forsomething you're actually way more interested in at this point, :D

Absolutely agree with that! My hype dissapears after 2 years waiting for a figure…I would prefer to preorder and just wait 1-2 months to get it..aldo, there are not any other new alien figures, right? We had a very good years with plenty of figures but now…silence…

Absolutely agree with that! My hype dissapears after 2 years waiting for a figure…I would prefer to preorder and just wait 1-2 months to get it..aldo, there are not any other new alien figures, right? We had a very good years with plenty of figures but now…silence…
100%. I feel they’d sell more statues this way as well, taking advantage of said hype. I’ve held off on countless preorders only to eventually lose interest and never purchase; had they been available (relatively) immediately, they’d have made that sale.

Here I am, still waiting. Sugo has now told me early December they will have receipt of my warrior. Let’s see how that timeline goes. I wonder what Prime 1 tell them in communication to get it so very wrong. I can see why statue collectors lose interest in pieces that take 2 or more years to finish production, the excitement for such a thing simply fizzles out!
100%. I feel they’d sell more statues this way as well, taking advantage of said hype. I’ve held off on countless preorders only to eventually lose interest and never purchase; had they been available (relatively) immediately, they’d have made that sale.
In a YouTube interview from March this year, a representative for Queen Studios mentioned that a 1/3 Alien statue from one of the early films was in the works. Reason I bring this up is because Queen seems to have a shorter time between preorder and release.

@Rotfish Nice, thanks for mentioning that, I had no idea. I'm an Alien franchise collector first & foremost, so this is hugely intriguing for me. Have they mentioned anything on FB or wherever? I want pics! :D

Oh, and case in point about long-ass preorders, I placed my order for the Prime 1 Aliens Warrior statue just over 27 months ago, and it's still not here. Twenty.Seven.Months. o_O

Back