Prices for Pumpkinhead are nuts, are there any custom 1/4?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am a huge Pumpkinhead fan. I already have a lifesize latex bust and would love the ultra rare maquette from sideshow but I hear the paint app is not great. For the kind of price it demands, I kind am thinking a custom would be the way to go. Have you seen any 1/4 customs anywhere on the Site? I did a search but I didn't find anything. For the price of the Sideshow piece with an inferior paint job I was thinking maybe a custom is the way to go.

Last edited:
closest thing would be a Joe Dunaway repainted Sota Pumpkinhead. It's not quite 1:4 but close, I've got one my self and looks great with all the other Stan Winston stuff:

pknhed4.jpg

here's mine displayed next to other 1:4 statues:
80shorror10.jpg

I have the regular, factory paint Pumpkinhead from SOTA...everytime someone posts the repainted version, I hate mine a little more :lol

I just picked up one of those horribly painted SOTA PumpkinHeads for the purpose of doing a repaint on it like Joe did. Great sculpt.

inferior paint job? I don't think so. The maquette is bad ass.

I actually agree with azurepred: SS Pumpkinhead is better a better way to go if you have that kind of money at your disposal.Here's some pics for a little motivation.
6e9c4a57.jpg

4114cca3.jpg

36a54ea2.jpg

8003f2cd.jpg

Wow, MGM sample.

I could never look past the faults of the SS piece and eventually sold mine. As you can see in those pics, the torso seems too proportionately small and the arms are sort of stuck on too far out from the body. And considering the price difference, SOTA for the win. The SS base is friggin' awesome though.

Notice the proper proportions of the real PumpkinHead behind him and how the position of the statue on the table hides the issues I've mentioned.

To compare SOTA to SS is pretty fun:slap

SS Pumpkinhead -masterpiece
SS Alien warrior 1:1 bust-masterpiece
SS Predator 1:1 bust-masterpiece

:)

Norm Meyers of artist proof studios is working on a 1/3 scale bust as well as a 1/3 scale full figure piece. You can contact him at [email protected] for more info. Here's a group pic of his current projects and you can see Pumpkinhead in the upper right corner.
f554c1d67018fcbede2b65071b34e91b.jpg
Sent from my iPad

Norm Meyers of artist proof studios is working on a 1/3 scale bust as well as a 1/3 scale full figure piece. You can contact him at [email protected] for more info. Here's a group pic of his current projects and you can see Pumpkinhead in the upper right corner.
f554c1d67018fcbede2b65071b34e91b.jpg
Sent from my iPad

A 1/3 scale Pumpkinhead full figure!! That's gonna be awesome!

I just scored a brand new SOTA mega scale pumpkinhead on ebay for $102.00. Pretty good deal considering I've heard of people paying over $200. Can't wait for it to arrive. Pumpkinhead is easily my favorite horror movie and def has earned a spot in my collection.

I had the sideshow Pumpkinhead but sold it.
I built this kit and like it much better than Sideshows.
It's nice and big too.
Larry
bestp4.jpg

bestp6.jpg

We need more Pumpkinhead items. 1:3 scale statue, 1:1 skull, 1:4 skeleton. Someone with talent, please make it happen.

Back