PREORDER NOW! [iminime]/Rainman - Dr. Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP Pics Updated! [iminime] Dr. Cannibal - Lambs to the Slaughter

It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again

silence3.jpg

Death's Head Moth is more of a Buffalo Bill accessory IMO. Hope he gets done next. Moth, Night vision goggles, removable cast, optional 'tuck' pose.

Could be a Bill accessory, or a Clarice accessory. It was on the movie poster, so it is a pretty iconic item from the film. But I was joking around about it because even someone like Rainman would have a tough time getting something that detailed done in that small size.

Ms. Moffet's head :lecture

I hear you Sam. If a character has zero accessories it's not a bad idea to just include something iconic in the movie, even if it didn't belong to the character.

DP those are good accessory ideas for Bill. He would actually be a cool accompanying piece.

I believe the contraption that Lecter is moved around on in SOTL is called a dolly or a hand truck. A gurney is what they use to put you in an ambulence or move you around at the hospital. If the blue prison garb is offered the only accessories that really make sense are a diorama with his drawings on the wall, or Clarice. If you look at what NECA did they had Lecter in the orange jumpsuit and straight jacket on the hand cart and in the white clothes with a bloody face and night stick. I don't think they even did the blue jumpsuit.

so I'm reading that you guys are voting for the blue suit over the stretcher, orange jumpsuit MUZZLE and straight jacket.

ARE YOU INSANE?

Seriously. :mad::mad:

so I'm reading that you guys are voting for the blue suit over the stretcher, orange jumpsuit MUZZLE and straight jacket.

ARE YOU INSANE?

Seriously. :mad::mad:

Do not include me in "you guys" :lecture. :)

Anthony Hopkins only had 16 minutes of total screen time. I don't care what he spent most of the movie in. I want the orange suit, mask, strait jacket, and handtruck. I don't want to cheap out on the first potentially great Lecter custom ever.

I don't think it's a vote. Denny said that they are doing they blue suit. I do like it for the reasons that I already said, mainly for the versatility and the fact that he's back in his jail house blues in Red Dragon. I like that movie almost as much as the first, so I feel like its a two for 1.

I do want the orange jumper too. I'd like both looks. But if it'll be done without the gurney, to me it feels very incomplete. Just look at the Medi fig.

If Imnime will do the gurney, count me in. If Iminime won't do it and Robbie or someone else who can skill it is willing to tackle it, count me in.

Hope Denny considers making the mask, orange suit, jacket and gurney as another accessory set, like Tony's robe.

How many people will display it in just a blue jumpsuit when the other option will pop so hard on your shelf?

If you look at what NECA did they had Lecter in the orange jumpsuit and straight jacket on the hand cart and in the white clothes with a bloody face and night stick. I don't think they even did the blue jumpsuit.

NECA's market is much different from this scenario. I'm sure the folks at NECA wanted to do the blue jumpsuit for the classic look, but their product caters to casual buyers as much or even more than collectors so they have to make figures of Lecter more interesting than just a guy.

Collectors like us are happy to have a guy in a jumpsuit because that's Lecter as many of us first came to know him. The restraint mask is classic and I love it and would want it for an accessory, I have two life size versions, but his clothes in that scene aren't as meaningful to me.

How many people will display it in just a blue jumpsuit when the other option will pop so hard on your shelf?

For some folks it's about how you remember the character, not how the collectible does or doesn't stand out amongst the rest.

there was a large stretch after I mentioned the same thing, that the jacket muzzle orange look is by far the most visually appealing and most iconic that a lot of other folks agreed, Im sure if it were put to a vote and people actually thought about it for a second that look would win.

for me, the only upside to the blue suit is if I, or someone else, managed to make his entire Cell and glass partisan as a diorama. Otherwise, anything other than straight jacket, muzzle, and dolly will feel like something I could have thrown together for 40 bucks (aside from the fantastic head sculpt of course)

The blue suit may be a bit more iconic for the more serious fan but the orange jumper/straight jacket is definitely recognizable even past casual fan to people who aren't fans at all. Like Maulfan said, probably part of Neca's strategy.

I consider myself a fairly hardcore fan so I'm really hoping for both. But the gurney is a must. Without it the orange jumper look loses a lot of power and looks kind of weak and incomplete. I know you can say the Medi fig just looks weak regardless, but you get my point:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=4373&ref=search&4373

Denny, are you able to offer both?

there was a large stretch after I mentioned the same thing, that the jacket muzzle orange look is by far the most visually appealing and most iconic that a lot of other folks agreed, Im sure if it were put to a vote and people actually thought about it for a second that look would win.

for me, the only upside to the blue suit is if I, or someone else, managed to make his entire Cell and glass partisan as a diorama. Otherwise, anything other than straight jacket, muzzle, and dolly will feel like something I could have thrown together for 40 bucks (aside from the fantastic head sculpt of course)

Bingo, the sculpt. And I'm sure we're all hoping that a simple fig with a blue suit/white tee shirt and no accessories should be priced like Fox or Skipper at most. But we'll see

Halloween's next week!
New York fellas, where we at?

Right here daddio! :rock

Me and my chic are gonna be zombies. Getting our makeup done at Abracadabra on 21st. Here's a teaser of my girls costume; her contacts. I'm going either red or white.

2012-10-23_21-10-03_403.jpg

This is a girl who we met at Comic Con who does decent FX makeup. Where we’re going can do even better than this but this is vaguely the idea we’re going for. Probably won’t cover our mouths though ‘cause it’s kinda hard to get booze up your nose

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

Man, That's going look INSANE Pop!

Are you going to checkout the parade for a bit? Might stroll through real quick before the evenings festivities.

Last edited:

I'll be by the parade and then we're gonna chill on the streets in the Vill for a while and then bounce around bars. You and Mags are more then welcome to roll out with us :rock Call or PM me. Let's keep the clutter off of the thread and focus on begging Denny for two outfits for the good doctor :lol

Back