Premium formats or Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stumbled onto some shops in Paris that have some old and new SS and SSW collectibles. I have to say, in comparison, I prefer fully sculpted. They even had some pieces like the old Orc Brute and Moria Orc archer and they held my interest more than the PFs. For me, there is something that always seems a bit off about the clothing, too big or doesn't hang just right, wrinkles, etc. I suppose with enough futzing it all works out. In addition, seeing large collector cases of various company products I can even appreciate some of the smaller scale lines out there which previously I had always held in less esteem. I do think PF gollum is basically unimprovable and goes great with the maquette line, in fact this particular store displayed them that way (Pulp's).

I just stumbled onto some shops in Paris that have some old and new SS and SSW collectibles. I have to say, in comparison, I prefer fully sculpted. They even had some pieces like the old Orc Brute and Moria Orc archer and they held my interest more than the PFs. For me, there is something that always seems a bit off about the clothing, too big or doesn't hang just right, wrinkles, etc. I suppose with enough futzing it all works out. In addition, seeing large collector cases of various company products I can even appreciate some of the smaller scale lines out there which previously I had always held in less esteem. I do think PF gollum is basically unimprovable and goes great with the maquette line, in fact this particular store displayed them that way (Pulp's).

:(
I moved to the US several years ago but reading about Pulp (and imagining Album) is making me all nostalgic.
I deeply regret never buying that Skeletor statue they had in the store around 2003.

:(
I moved to the US several years ago but reading about Pulp (and imagining Album) is making me all nostalgic.
I deeply regret never buying that Skeletor statue they had in the store around 2003.

I stumbled onto the place my first day here, and have been back several times already. Interestingly, they move product. Most places I see like this in the states have what appears to be stale inventory, not these guys. I still haven't found an in person Hot Toys Indiana Jones for me to see. And the setup they have for Rivendell, Orthanc and Bag End looks just awesome and all the complaining about Rivendell really seems silly in that perspective.

the only 1/4 pfs I wish were fully sculpted are the Witch King and RWOS. Don't get me wrong, I love my WK, and I will prolly love the RWOS when I get that, but I think the robes could be more dynamic if they were sculpted. That being said, I won't be downgrading in size to the smaller, sculpted versions, wish I could, but only room for one format and that's the big baddies.

Yeah some pics would be great :)

I wish I knew a store in the UK that displayed/stocked SSW, statues and maquettes. The most I've seen is in Forbidden Planet London. And they have like, two on display. And don't even get me started on their prices and customer service. :censored:banghead

I stumbled onto the place my first day here, and have been back several times already. Interestingly, they move product. Most places I see like this in the states have what appears to be stale inventory, not these guys. I still haven't found an in person Hot Toys Indiana Jones for me to see. And the setup they have for Rivendell, Orthanc and Bag End looks just awesome and all the complaining about Rivendell really seems silly in that perspective.

Yeah as far as I know Hot Toys is not super popular in those stores since they display statues... then again I haven't been in years so who knows.

Yeah as far as I know Hot Toys is not super popular in those stores since they display statues... then again I haven't been in years so who knows.

Trying to get back for some pics. They do have quite a bit of Hot Toys there on display just no Indy.

Sorry for the glare

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I believe it is Album. To be honest that one corner is so jammed with stuff like this I couldn't keep it straight. This was the place with two steps at entry that everyone trips on :)

Anyway, the point is that misaligned buildings and such don't matter really when you see these environments in this display.

Its unusual to find a Moria Orc Archer in a store after all these years.

Back