Premium formats or Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard0fdragons

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Freaks!! :wave

I used to collect LOTR Premium formats, but eventually sold them off, and got into the new Maquette line.:yess:
:(
However I do miss the bad villain statues of the premium formats. :(

Do you think sideshow will be producing Lurtz, Moria Orc etc.. In the Maquette line? I have the Ringwraith Exclusive Edition on order… :yess:

I am tempted to go back to Premium formats purely because of the villains, but to track down MIB for exclusives is going to be very expensive! What are your thoughts, should I just stick with Maquette? :dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Premium formats or Marquette

I think that if the maquette line has the legs most of hope it has or think it has then yes they will.

Re: Premium formats or Marquette

Marquette counts among its alumni Doc Rivers, Dwyane Wade and Steve Novak.

PFs for me, though I only have 1 (Legolas) with RWOS on order. Still looking for an EX Aragorn. I really want a Borromir PF for the goodguys but for the baddies, I'd go crazy for a Saruman :rock

I think both line is great.
Im having lots of them and just picking the best.

Aragorn maquette
Legolas maquette, pf good too
Gimli maquette could not be better
Lurtz PF is so great
Berserker pf a masterpiece
Order ringwraith
Rwos PF.
Boromir maquette coming soon.

Choose your best and preserve them.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

how come? :orc

i live with my mum and when she saw the LOTR movies they disturbed her because they represented evil & hatred so well. she didn't like it that i bought a ringwraith 1:4 bust but i told her i need it to look over Bag End. there's just something about the Orc's & Uruk Hai that really almost physically disturb her, so i can't bring one into the house. I have the Smeagol/Gollum PF and she kinda likes it because she understands Gollum's character, feels sorry for him.

Statue line all the way for this guy, however, there was no way I was gonna pass on the RWoS. I've been wanting one forever and that one will do just fine.

i live with my mum and when she saw the LOTR movies they disturbed her because they represented evil & hatred so well. she didn't like it that i bought a ringwraith 1:4 bust but i told her i need it to look over Bag End. there's just something about the Orc's & Uruk Hai that really almost physically disturb her, so i can't bring one into the house. I have the Smeagol/Gollum PF and she kinda likes it because she understands Gollum's character, feels sorry for him.

ah yeah not much can be done about that, some women are very sensitive to those things. Alien is another big no no.

hehe if you think that is gross, i guess you havent seen some of sideshow's undead statues with "stuff" hanging out... I wouldnt display those if someone paid me...

berserker is not as gross without the severed head :D but he is still one ugly mofo... lol

Money constraints force me to stay within the PF line. I think they are just worth more for the cash you pay, and I love the mixed media approach.

Already have the PF line, Sideshow-Weta enviroments and UC props on the go. If I had more cash though I'd definitely pick up a couple from the maquette line!

From what I've seen Boromir and Gimli look like the front runners atm.
:)

I have 4 of the PFs so far, they are just stunning as museum pieces. The maquettes are far better at showing a dynamic pose because of them being all sculpted.

Does anyone know what scale the maquettes are at?

I have all of the Maquettes to date in exclusive versions! :yess:

And they are fantastic can’t wait for Boromir :impatient:

My biggest gripe is the import tax approx £45 per item.:mad:

All of them are MIB since purchase from Sideshow as I don’t have a display cabinet at the moment. I’m in two minds whether to continue with this line due to the additional cost of the import tax :dunno

Where as Weta's current statues are value money! And I have all two and Strider is on order. :yess:

Back