Premium format's display options ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

URUK HAI CAPTAIN LURTZ

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
So what are the best options to keep premium formats displayed, I want them to be fully visible but not to catch any dust.
Perhaps you guys can enlighten me.

Not catching dust is the problem. Ikea has detolf, besta, and pax. They can all be used for PF displays but none are completely airtight. I have detolfs and besta and they have doors but are not airtight. These are great thought because they are very affordable. If you want something airtight, you will have to prob go with custom shelving units or custom acrylic cases which are WAY MORE EXPENSIVE. I suppose you could build some on your own and it might be cheaper that way but it's obviously a good deal of work and not easy to do. Your choice...

Not catching dust is the problem. Ikea has detolf, besta, and pax. They can all be used for PF displays but none are completely airtight. I have detolfs and besta and they have doors but are not airtight. These are great thought because they are very affordable. If you want something airtight, you will have to prob go with custom shelving units or custom acrylic cases which are WAY MORE EXPENSIVE. I suppose you could build some on your own and it might be cheaper that way but it's obviously a good deal of work and not easy to do. Your choice...
I know about those, I have a detolf myself, My idea was to buy the Ikea Expedit/kalax I would buy two doubles so it would be 16 squares in total and I would put one on top of another, you could fit 12 pf's this ways 8 inside and 4 on top, but the dust would be very active, any more ideas ?

Don't let your statues rot behind glass, you'll steal all room presence from them ;)
Just get this
Amazon.com : Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large - Black : Camera Cleaning Kits : Camera & Photo

I can't tell you how glad I am to see someone say this. I go tot Ikea all the time, look on Craigslist for displays, and currently have tabs open for restoration hardware, crate and barrel, arhaus, living spaces, room and board and wayfair looking for some option to protect these from dust. Nothing looks good to me. I really like the museum look with all glass but that doesn't tend to work well in a house. What I really want is for the pieces to be displayed all at the same height, maybe 45 inches off the floor but a bunch of acrylic cases, in addition to being stupidly expensive, look like a bunch of boxes.

Back