Premium Format Figures or Comiquettes: Which is the "superior" race?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana P.

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm curious as to which type of product you consider as being the ultimate collectible. I ask this because, while I'm looking forward to the PF Thor very much, I wonder if a Thor Comiquette would take the prize.

Or, would you argue that they are comparable?

Thanks for your insight!

Personally, I'd prefer PF's over comiquettes... certain charcters would demand a comiquette (Iron Man) But I love it when they incorporate fabric material in their statues. Just makes it more life like :D

On first glance I'd side with PFs but as the Iron Man comiquettes have shown PFs are not always the best way to go. I guess I'd say that it all depends on what is being depicted.

If material is present I don't see how sculpted wins over mixed media. IM Comiquettes have no material present so a PF doesn't make sense. While The Thing even with just spankies shows just how different the piece feels compared to a fully sculpted. I can't imagine the Hulk for example as powerful without the ripped pants.

PFs are more realistic and much prefered for me. I'm very disappointed that they elected to do a Comiquette of Namor rather than a PF. His shorts as shiny metallic cloth would have been very cool. Metal armbands would have also added a lot to it. As it is, I have no desire to get Namor, he just comes up short(s). :monkey3

The only problem with PF is the scale of the weave of the cloth. To scale, a lot of what is supposed to be spandex looks like sweatshirts.

PFs are more realistic and much prefered for me. I'm very disappointed that they elected to do a Comiquette of Namor rather than a PF. His shorts as shiny metallic cloth would have been very cool. Metal armbands would have also added a lot to it. As it is, I have no desire to get Namor, he just comes up short(s). :monkey3

Ditto.............:lecture

It depends on the character. The Red Skull is an awesome PF but the Human Torch would be better as a comiquette. Same with Spider-man. Although i have the PF I would prefer a 1/4 scale comiquette.

Premium format is my preferred collectible, love PopCultureShock and what they do with capcom collectibles!

It depends on the character. The Red Skull is an awesome PF but the Human Torch would be better as a comiquette. Same with Spider-man. Although i have the PF I would prefer a 1/4 scale comiquette.

I disagree, I think some characters would better fit a comiquette but its not set in stone. Iron Spider-Man is predictably a Comiquette but Spider-Man looks great as a PF. Human Torch would most likely be a comiquette but if they did something like this:

ff02aa0.jpg

They would mix media without much of an issue....

It should be decided on which dependent on what they are trying to put forth. Either way though....PFs RULE.

Back