Prediction: Sideshow Hulk Comiquette By Ariel Olivetti !!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint it green baby.

woffar10.jpg

Didn't Bruce Banner once worked for the Army hence the crew cut? Maybe the artists in-charged were trying to capture that moment he first transformed as Hulk. Sorry, I'm totally brainstorming here! Anyway, it does like Mike Tyson!:rotfl

He actually has been depicted with this style hair quite a few times over the years. Though usually a little longer on top. Just different artists interpretations, pretty common in comics.

hulk-american-flag.jpg

Possibly a business decision as well, make it very different from the PF and Hulk in the movies to leave the door open so they can cash in on both.

The Hulk in movies has substantially longer hair and could appear in a second movie or the Avengers movie at which time they would come up with a Maquette of him.

Probably wanted to have a landing pose and leave the smashing/bashing/fighting pose for upcoming versions as well.

Simply put, if they come up with the perfect modern version right now, down the line they have nothing left to offer unlike characters like Ms. Marvel, Black Panther which they anticipate only doing once depending on popularity. These they can knock out of the park with the best pose possible.

They have simply taken Bowenism to the next Kaching$$$ level.

They know this will sell out regardless and they will have room to make a future long haired, smashing pose whether it be from the movie or comic. Maybe with all these Marvel animations coming out we'll have Cartoonettes soon......

Regardless, it's a great sculpt with an ok pose. I definitely don't take to the hair, may have to custom it.

I agree with you fuzzy. It is not that they can release THE definitive Hulk, but maybe because it doesn't exist either.

We also have to keep in mind that this is an artist inspired statue, and That is Olivetti's style. Maybe, some of us, may not like its translation to 3D, design, proportions....but that IS the way his style is, always (Looks at the Punisher Comiquette) and that is what you are supposedly accepting to buy, just as simple.

Last edited:
It has been up on the SS website for about 24 hours and the Ex. is still not sold out. This either has a high ES or no one is ordering. It is probably both based on the comments. I ordered, but will most likely cancel. The death nail for this piece could be the weight. If it is hollow then this statue is a complete disaster.

the pose is great, but the head kills it. I will pass unless I win one on ebay for well less than msrp. thankfully this will not be the last hulk SS produces.

It has been up on the SS website for about 24 hours and the Ex. is still not sold out. This either has a high ES or no one is ordering. It is probably both based on the comments. I ordered, but will most likely cancel. The death nail for this piece could be the weight. If it is hollow then this statue is a complete disaster.

EX that are prints don't tend to sell out as fast.

If they change the hair I'll order it. As it stands I am holding off for other cool stuff likely to go up this month.

He actually has been depicted with this style hair quite a few times over the years. Though usually a little longer on top. Just different artists interpretations, pretty common in comics.

hulk-american-flag.jpg

It's not that the hair is short, it's the execution, it looks like a really really bad toupe.

I mean the sculpt of the body is intense, then at the end they just plopped this toupe on top as an afterthought.

Back