PREDATORS- No Spoilers.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed the other thread was closed... the day after it was re-opened. Good lord, that was fast. It's almost amazing really, since now even after the movie's out, we have to tag pretty much everything. Special stuff...

Anyway, hoping to see the movie tomorrow with some friends. I've checked out some of the reviews and it seems like it works as a sequel, and we finally have something that is worthy of being called a Predator movie. That sounds pretty damn good to me.

And for the record, I'm partial to Army of Darkness myself.

I bet I could make a better movie the rodrigez and make a better predator the all the ones in the movie.

Man I am going to go out halloween this year for sure.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/59jUy-XbRc4&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/59jUy-XbRc4&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Went and saw this today...
I liked it....a lot.

No spoilers (yet), but I will say, very well-produced, good looking film. Good cast, good script and Brody was a really fine lead for this. When I first read he was in this I thought "Really?"....but there's a reason why sometimes these genre films end up with people in them you'd least expect...it's because they can act and carry a movie...and he did a fine job of it. It helped that the rest of the ensemble held up well too.

This is a good sequel to the '87 movie and a good stand-alone movie.

I'll be checking it out again...

This movie was good. And i loved the predator designs i only wish i saw thier faces of tracker and that sword predator. Man berserker really learned his lesson though. Never mess with a longed nosed pianist with a gun.

Poor tracker tho he got killed so fast.

Stan Winston's Predator is the best hands down. PEople stop making this movie out better than it is. Out of 10 this movie score a 7. Yes the beginning was good, great pacing, good characters that we can get into. But everything went downhill (Spoiler) with the fire. It just took a nose dive into crapville. My problems with the movie is the Predators are too weak. Too weak. One was killed in a sword fight on his home turf. Give me a break. the Predators had home court advantage and still all of them was _______.

Just watched the movie I am pissed!! Not because of the movie.....but because of the movie theater!

Movie starts and I notice that everyones heads are cutoff at the top of the screen as if the theater pulled down the frame aspect ratio thing too far. I sat there for 15 minutes watching the movie thinking I was crazy but then after a while I starting think, "either the cinematographer is freaking terrible doesnt like to shoot the character in frame or the theater is cutting off the top of the picture". Sure enough I noticed during brighter scenes that you could see the image peaking through the top as though it was obstructed.....a good 6" - 12" or so.
Then I notice a freaking hair wiggling on the lower left side of the screen! It was jutting out about 4 - 5 feet from the left!

At that point I couldnt take it anymore.....I didnt want to get up to tell someone because I didnt want to miss the movie, but at the same time I couldnt concentrate on watching with this stuff going on. I went and spoke with someone and showed them what I was talking about.....he didnt seem to care of even know what the hell I was saying but he said he would go check to see if he could fix it...I was really nice to the guy, thanking him for going to check and everything but it didnt seem to matter....low and behold the rest of the movie stayed with the tops of the frame cut off and the wiggly hair showing up throughout. All he had to do was lift up the aspect ration blocker at the top of the screen a bit too show more picture!! LAME!

I was so exciting for this movie and the entire time I couldnt completely get into it because everyones heads were chopped off at the top. UGH!

Anyway....Im too upset to actually give my thoughts on the movie right now.......will share my opinions later - spoiler free :)

Just had to vent! thanks for reading.

This movie was good. And i loved the predator designs i only wish i saw thier faces of tracker and that sword predator. Man berserker really learned his lesson though. Never mess with a longed nosed pianist with a gun.

Poor tracker tho he got killed so fast.

Stan Winston's Predator is the best hands down. PEople stop making this movie out better than it is. Out of 10 this movie score a 7. Yes the beginning was good, great pacing, good characters that we can get into. But everything went downhill (Spoiler) with the fire. It just took a nose dive into crapville. My problems with the movie is the Predators are too weak. Too weak. One was killed in a sword fight on his home turf. Give me a break. the Predators had home court advantage and still all of them was _______.

you guys know this is a no spoilers thread right? :rotfl

My wife and I enjoyed it greatly. Did anyone else catch the nod to the original (aborted) Predator design?

My wife and I enjoyed it greatly. Did anyone else catch the nod to the original (aborted) Predator design?

yep, but no spoilers man :slap

Edit-I really dont care about all the spoiler talk, but its just out of respect to those who havent seen the movie yet lol :peace

I said there was a nod to a design, that's not exactly giving away a plot point. There was a nod to ALIEN in Predator 2, by the way:rotfl

McT better have a big fat royalty check waiting for him when he gets out of prison along with a signed apology letter from Rodriquez.

because rodriguez "homaged" mctiernan's movie almost verbatim at some points.

watched it on fri nite. can't say i was disappointed since i tried keeping my expectations fairly low. but this was NOT a good movie. it had some good moments here and there, and even a few scenes that made the fan in me grin like a kid on christmas morning. but by & large, this is kind of a dud.

i think i'll pose my main comments in the "spoilers" thread, since it's hard to discuss the finer points of the film here....

Just saw the movie today and I won't say anything (I have my reservations about it) to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, except to say. "Go and watch it!" :rock:rock2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back