Predator???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good God, this section can't go for more than a day without an argument brewing.

Looking at all the threads, ironically, if you purged the newbs, there would be no issues. :lol

"Newbs" aren't the problem so much as their behavior. If they want to ask questions, fine. But, they can do so without stepping on the toes of experienced forumers (and more experienced collectors). First impressions count a lot. Coming in like a newbie and acting like a smart-alec gets nowhere, except for making enemies, which further isolates themselves from the community. That's not a good way to start things off.

"Newbs" aren't the problem so much as their behavior. If they want to ask questions, fine. But, they can do so without stepping on the toes of experienced forumers (and more experienced collectors). First impressions count a lot. Coming in like a newbie and acting like a smart-alec gets nowhere, except for making enemies, which further isolates themselves from the community. That's not a good way to start things off.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Between all these threads about the prices of Hot Toys Predators and all the polls and petitions this section seems to be constantly in need of a cleanup.

People should browse through a few pages of the given section of SSF, use the search function, post as a slightly off-topic comment in an existing Specs&pics thread....any of these things before making a new thread. It does annoy me, I dunno why, it just does.

isnt everyone a newb at first? bustin chops gets us no where , just makes you look like a smarmy ahole.

Additionally, starting a new thread for every question, or creating poll/petition threads regarding products that already have a designated thread, especially on the front page, don't help matters either.

I suppose what frustrates me is I'm coming to the forums every day hoping to see a thread called "Hot Toys MMS142 Battledamaged T-800!!!" and instead its just another "Old Hot Toys Predator is how much???" thread. Theres many existing threads in which you could post that! How much discussion do you think you're going get out of it as its own topic? One or two pages at most. Oh never mind.

Only time I've ever had trouble with a mod was for busting a newb's chops (VERY lightly). Management likes newbs. :dunno

isnt everyone a newb at first? bustin chops gets us no where , just makes you look like a smarmy ahole.

Not really. I'm a smarmy ahole because some incompetent idiot can't read? Don't think so. Makes newbs look like morons to the rest of the community for not taking the measly 5 minutes and reading the appropriate thread they could've posted their comment in, that's right there on the front page of the boards, two threads below the one they just created.
:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

And it seems like the mods in this section in particular would rather be taking pictures of their figures or posting new MMS threads and basking in the praise of ball swingers than doing the appropriate thing and addressing the newbs and merging the new thread with the appropriate one, or deleting it all together.

Back