Predator: Mud Covered Dutch WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevejack2

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I would share a kit-bash work in progress, my attempt at a mud covered Dutch from Predator.

Predator-mud-covered-WIP.jpg

Just using a TTM-20 body and some pants and boots from ebay. I haven't received the head yet but hopefully it will arrive in the post soon.
I used some black no-more-gaps putty to make the mud texture and I have only done the first couple of base coats on the body. There's a few coats of paint still to go on the body before adding gloss to the wet areas to bring them out.

The pants have a base paint wash applied but nothing else, mud texturing and painting still needs to happen there.

If this turns out I'll do the same with a John Matrix body which should hopefully look a lot more realistic than the TTM-20!

Cheers for looking,
Steve

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll try Vallejo paints for the next one... having a bit of trouble hand brushing Tamiya. All good fun though.

Cheers guys,

The sculpt is just a cheap ebay head (yeah, I know..) which is all I could get for less than $100. The first base coat of paint on the head is done now but I still need to add mud texture and more paint to the whole figure.

Sorry for the horrible pic quality, but here's a quick cell phone snap to show the head I'm using.
predator mud covered head 2.jpg

I'll post some proper pics and recipe etc once this is done for anyone looking to try the same project.

Next up will be a second attempt using a genuine John Matrix head and body - I didn't want to mess with it until I'd tried out the process on cheaper parts. I'm not sure how the Matrix head will look but the body looks fantastic compared with the TTM-20, much bigger overall and obviously with seamless arms.

This is really looking great, definitely inspiring me. I've wanted to do one of these for a while and never got around to it. Now that there's some decent second party heads and bodies out there, the temptation is back.

great work.

This is really looking great, definitely inspiring me. I've wanted to do one of these for a while and never got around to it. Now that there's some decent second party heads and bodies out there, the temptation is back.

great work.

Cheers mate, it was Nenny Dee's mud covered series that got me inspired to try this - he has some great vids on youtube showing his work and even though the wounds etc might not be screen accurate they were what I used as reference just because they looked so damn good on his figure.

I'd love to try a figure based on Dutch's final look too - covered in ash and blood after the predator nukes itself, when he's standing there in the scorched jungle.

Very nice weathering actually.
Really want to see more.

Thanks Sundance, much appreciated.

Back