Predator Legendary Scale Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daddy and Junior

p1060169r.jpg

Wow natrix that is awesome looking , I will be displaying him next to my 1:1 as well , very very nice congrats

Pred turned up this arvo, after the last few pages I was a bit nervous.

I hope you guys get those problems sorted soon. :duff

I was a bit disappointed after seeing the first pics on here, but I tell ya, this is one seriously impressive bust! I think it looks excellent, I won't be doing anything to the teeth.

I like the sculpt of this bust a lot, but not the albino paint apps - rrjrstatueman's re-paint is how this should have looked in the first place, not like Snow White :exactly:

Very nice pictures everyone! I really like the bust but the QC problem is really worrying. There are too many problems around that area.

Thank you sir! I used to have more Pred stuff, but I kinda backed off and sold some stuff to gain space. I also wanted to get into the SS GI Joe line. All of that is on the other side of the room.

I have a few pictures somewhere about your old collection if I remember correctly. You posted them on this site long time ago! :)

I like the sculpt of this bust a lot, but not the albino paint apps - rrjrstatueman's re-paint is how this should have looked in the first place, not like Snow White :exactly:

I'm fine with the paint & very happy to have this at my place.

No need to piss on the parade dude. :exactly:

I'm fine with the paint & very happy to have this at my place.

No need to piss on the parade dude. :exactly:

I'm glad you are fine with the paint & very happy to have this at your place. :peace Still I think this is a forum where people can state their opinion about the products released, even if sometimes that opinion is not what everyone likes. My post was not obscene or inappropriate and if you don't like it that's it. Is this not a forum anymore, but a continue praise to Sideshow? Let's be serious and if you cannot eat a bit of criticism then please look again at rrj's repaint. :exactly:

I'm not denying that is a nice custom job. Rrjr did a great job. But, I personally don't feel the need to fix anything.

I just didn't like the the "snow white" quip. Kinda knocks me off my cloud when I get a new statue (that I love) and people keep bangin on about an issue that we are all well aware of. Could it be darker? Sure. Could the teeth be straight and screen accurate? Sure. In my opinion these points don't stop me from enjoying this awesome bust.

See, still a discussion board.:)

You're pretty cool in my book jkno, so I'll let it pass. :wink1: :peace

I actually think that the paint is pretty solid for a factory job...sure it could have a little more depth, and the "paleness" of it I think had more to do with the art direction and the choice of paint...SS probably should have gone a few shades more tan. The only thing that I would have liked to see is a little more pink on the inside of the mouth...other than that its a homerun. The paint on the ex nameplate is awesome as well.

Other thoughts:
1) This thing is big and heavy...has much more heft than I ever expected it to have. I was planning on putting it in my curio, but I was afraid that it was going to stress the glass too much and break it. I decided to play it safe and pedistal it.

2) LOVE the mixed media. Hard rubber quills/dreads, real netting, leather straps for the chest armor, the seperate (and awesome) necklace. SS really went all out on this, Tons of attention to detail.

3) The teeth issue is being blown out of proportion (IMO.) In many of the photos shown, the flash is really excentuating the teeth being flared out. Once I saw the piece in person and on display, I didnt even notice it. Sure its there, but it doesnt seem to stick out the way it does in photos.

4) It is great to see such a great start to a line with great potential. If they botched this one, it would have totally killed any interest momentum that this line would have had. This gets me excited for whats to come. Definitley will be ordering the P2 Ex. when it is finally unveiled.

I actually think that the paint is pretty solid for a factory job...sure it could have a little more depth, and the "paleness" of it I think had more to do with the art direction and the choice of paint...SS probably should have gone a few shades more tan. The only thing that I would have liked to see is a little more pink on the inside of the mouth...other than that its a homerun. The paint on the ex nameplate is awesome as well.

Other thoughts:
1) This thing is big and heavy...has much more heft than I ever expected it to have. I was planning on putting it in my curio, but I was afraid that it was going to stress the glass too much and break it. I decided to play it safe and pedistal it.

2) LOVE the mixed media. Hard rubber quills/dreads, real netting, leather straps for the chest armor, the seperate (and awesome) necklace. SS really went all out on this, Tons of attention to detail.

3) The teeth issue is being blown out of proportion (IMO.) In many of the photos shown, the flash is really excentuating the teeth being flared out. Once I saw the piece in person and on display, I didnt even notice it. Sure its there, but it doesnt seem to stick out the way it does in photos.

4) It is great to see such a great start to a line with great potential. If they botched this one, it would have totally killed any interest momentum that this line would have had. This gets me excited for whats to come. Definitley will be ordering the P2 Ex. when it is finally unveiled.

After looking at a lot of photos I think the paint job is pretty good, but being a painter myself, I will add some washes here and there to make it look a bit more accurate, nothing like RRJ's paint job, but something in between.....

Cheers

Bear

Pred turned up this arvo, after the last few pages I was a bit nervous.

I hope you guys get those problems sorted soon. :duff

I was a bit disappointed after seeing the first pics on here, but I tell ya, this is one seriously impressive bust! I think it looks excellent, I won't be doing anything to the teeth.

congrats on your pred bud, it really is a very cool looking piece, even if nothing is done to it, glad yours arrived in great shape,:yess: , wish everyone elses made it safe as well,

man, im so hoping mine is good. Not even sure when Im getting it. I'll patiently be waiting though...kinda worried myself.

I got an email back from Sideshow and they want me to destroy the statue and then photograph it and they will send me a replacement. Really? I thought I needed to send it back first. Has anyone ever done this?

Back