Predator advice.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayw13th

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting my first Hot Toys Predator figure, and i need some advice. A local collector shop has A Predator 2 Lost Predator and a AvP:R Cleaner kit Predator. I can only afford one right now, though hoping i can get the other later. So which is better between the 2 to get first? Or is it better to wait and hope something better comes along later? I have watched the youtube video's about assembling both and they seem very annoying. They have the She predator but i am not that impressed with her. They are priced the same at $140.00 and are both mint in perfect box's very well taken care of.
Any advice would be appreciated,
Thank You.
Jay

I would get Predator 1 that was just released... Wolf and Lost will not value too much right now and the Predator 1 will only rise in price (in my opinion). I would get the Predator 1 before his value rises..

Yes, the Predator 1 fig is the one to get right now, although you can get the Lost and the Wolf for cheaper than $140 on the boards right now. As a matter of fact I was thinking about selling my Lost pred for $105 shipped.

the predator 1 figure is their finest to date. and likely the best they'll ever make.*
(*assuming they don't re-hash their older figures and that i will hate the "Predators" sequel)

although, $105 shipped for the Lost is a sweet deal. i'd jump on it if i didn't already have one.

I am thinking of getting my first Hot Toys Predator figure, and i need some advice. A local collector shop has A Predator 2 Lost Predator and a AvP:R Cleaner kit Predator. I can only afford one right now, though hoping i can get the other later. So which is better between the 2 to get first? Or is it better to wait and hope something better comes along later? I have watched the youtube video's about assembling both and they seem very annoying. They have the She predator but i am not that impressed with her. They are priced the same at $140.00 and are both mint in perfect box's very well taken care of.
Any advice would be appreciated,
Thank You.
Jay

Yes, the Predator 1 fig is the one to get right now, although you can get the Lost and the Wolf for cheaper than $140 on the boards right now. As a matter of fact I was thinking about selling my Lost pred for $105 shipped.

Thanks Guys. Answers my question, i will wait.

:duh Did you NOT see Furious1 saying he might be willing to let that Lost Pred go for $105 shipped. Some people. smh.

Don't wait too long. Find a P1 now and get it. It's increasing already. Try to find one for around $175 if you can.

Yep saw that a little too late. But that's alright I was mainly wanting opinions on the 2 Predators i listed as they are on hand and i was interested if they are worth adding to my mediocre collection. I appreciate every ones opinion on the Predator 1 i would prefer it but as stated in my first post i can not afford more then $140.00 plus a little tax. And
$105 is a great deal on a Lost but as he said he is THINKING about selling. But that answers my question again as i have had a few responses about the Lost.

Last edited:
pred 1. Have both lost and pred 1 and to be honest the pred 1 is simply not to be missed. Don't get me wrong lost is a good figure just not in the same league as the predator 1 figure. If your crazy enough to sell it in the future(i certainly won't be) you'll also get a good price back on it without a doubt. So spending the 175 would be a much wiser investment then spending it on the lost i would assume.

Plus overall its the best pred from ht yet and getting harder and harder to find.

If you are a Predator fan, don't forget about Dutch, too. He's a MUST have for any Predator fan.. His value will rise as well.. Good luck, man :)

I think the Lost predator is on SS gift card eligible products for $160, which would be great if anyone had a $100 gift card.

If you are a Predator fan, don't forget about Dutch, too. He's a MUST have for any Predator fan.. His value will rise as well.. Good luck, man :)
i'm a Predator fan and i could give a crap about a commando Arnold figure.
i'd rather have Billy or Mac and the Billy figure sucks. maybe HT can get Bill Duke's likeness...

I was so focused on the Predators i missed that they have a Dutch there too.
He is about $15 dollars more but close enough to my budget. But would prefer the Predators.

I was so focused on the Predators i missed that they have a Dutch there too.
He is about $15 dollars more but close enough to my budget. But would prefer the Predators.

start with a predator first. Don't go Human yet. I'm telling you, you need to work a few more jobs or come into a little more income and get the P1. You'll be kicking yourself if you wait and then decide you really want him and have to pay 2 or 3 times as much in a year or two. They sold out quickly, fastest predator sellout I've experienced and I got in when P2 was released, then the cleaner, Lost, Machiko. This P1 is HOT.

i love wolf personally. im just mad because i broke like 3 friggin parts on him, so if u get him be very careful and dont force anything!

Back